Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 08:18:38

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

New acro quad - Japalura 3 inch

Started by Cheredanine, Tuesday,March 27, 2018, 12:59:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverfly

Knew that ditch and mounds  were earthworks... :laugh: Dates from late prehistoric  to present, old drone pilots ::)
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Jakalas

Thought I would move the discussion here.

Just received a set of the HQ 3x5x3's

Hub is smaller than the 3x4x3 V1S version, which amounts to the weight loss.
3x5x3 = 1.7g
3x4x3 V1S = 2.08g

I did notice that the 3x5x3 is slightly tighter to go onto the motor shaft.

I still think the V1S pitch is greater, although not as extended throughout the full length of the blade as the 3x5x3. This might be the justification HQ use to label it as a 3x4x3.

Looking forward to trying the 3x5x3 as soon as it decides to stop raining  :(

Cheredanine: Have you tried the 3x4x3 V1S yet? Would be interesting to hear your opinion on it.
Check out my videos here:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/Jakalas"]https://www.youtube.com/c/Jakalas[/url]

Cheredanine

Tbh mate no, I use the 4x4.3x3 v1s on my 4 inch but having tired the gemfan etc which are more aggressive I didn’t want to drop any lower

hoverfly

The pitch on those pros looks a bit O.T.T... I tried some high pitch folding props on  a couple of sailplanes and they didn't really do the job, efficiency went right down.  :hmm:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Jakalas

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,April 10, 2018, 19:31:13
Tbh mate no, I use the 4x4.3x3 v1s on my 4 inch but having tired the gemfan etc which are more aggressive I didn’t want to drop any lower

I think you will be surprised at how aggressive the 3x4x3 V1S is  ;)

Go away rain...I want to test props  :rolleyes:
Check out my videos here:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/Jakalas"]https://www.youtube.com/c/Jakalas[/url]

Raven49

I'd be really interested in what you find as the best 3" prop for the Armattan motors. I'm trying some Gemfan Flash 3052 at the moment and am still undecided.

Cheredanine

Quote from: Raven49 on Thursday,April 12, 2018, 08:18:17
I'd be really interested in what you find as the best 3" prop for the Armattan motors. I'm trying some Gemfan Flash 3052 at the moment and am still undecided.

To be clear these are the new mini titans, not the original 1407 oomph, although I do have a set of those.

In general they can handle every 3 inch prop I have tried, so it kind of depends what your quad is and what you want from it.

They all seem to obey the general rules:
The higher the pitch the faster the top end, rack raft 2076 being the fastest, then the dal cyclone t3056c, then the gemfan flash 3052, then the hq 3x5x3v1s
The width of the blade at the tip governs low throttle control and towards the hub governs top end, the order is reversed for low throttle control with the hq being king of the hill and to my mind the racekraft being pretty dire.

The more the pitch and larger the blade, the less efficient but not dramatically, none of them over prop the motor, with an 850mah 4s you get decent flight times.

So it is kind of down to taste, if you want an ultra fast racer take the racekraft, but to be honest if you want that there are better motors - tmotor f20ii, brother 1507 4100kv etc.

For acro any of the other three will do, although I say one is slower than another or has better throttle, it isn’t a huge difference, pick one you think most suits your style.

I am tending to use it to scout areas cos the other quads I fly at the moment (proton and air-ro) are balistically fast, learning as you go is bad idea :) so I want low throttle control for slow proximity, so sticking with the hq

Raven49

Quote from: Cheredanine on Thursday,April 12, 2018, 09:56:29
To be clear these are the new mini titans, not the original 1407 oomph, although I do have a set of those.

In general they can handle every 3 inch prop I have tried, so it kind of depends what your quad is and what you want from it.

They all seem to obey the general rules:
The higher the pitch the faster the top end, rack raft 2076 being the fastest, then the dal cyclone t3056c, then the gemfan flash 3052, then the hq 3x5x3v1s
The width of the blade at the tip governs low throttle control and towards the hub governs top end, the order is reversed for low throttle control with the hq being king of the hill and to my mind the racekraft being pretty dire.

The more the pitch and larger the blade, the less efficient but not dramatically, none of them over prop the motor, with an 850mah 4s you get decent flight times.

So it is kind of down to taste, if you want an ultra fast racer take the racekraft, but to be honest if you want that there are better motors - tmotor f20ii, brother 1507 4100kv etc.

For acro any of the other three will do, although I say one is slower than another or has better throttle, it isn’t a huge difference, pick one you think most suits your style.

I am tending to use it to scout areas cos the other quads I fly at the moment (proton and air-ro) are balistically fast, learning as you go is bad idea :) so I want low throttle control for slow proximity, so sticking with the hq

Thanks! That's really helpful - i'm using the 1407 3650kV Mini Titans, though I see on their website they've just announced a new 1407 3500kv.

I've set mine up with a Runcam Split and definitely use it for smoother cruising around and checking out an area - it's not the  most acrobatic setup, but the momentum and stability is great!

Raven49

Playing around with some more options - tried out some GepRC 3042 and they're really nice (as well as absurdly cheap). They fit better than the Dalprop 3045 and seem a better balance between low end cruising and high pitch screamers. Armattan recommend the Gemfan 3035 so I picked up a set of those to try as well.

Cheredanine

Quote from: Raven49 on Saturday,April 14, 2018, 11:00:42
Playing around with some more options - tried out some GepRC 3042 and they're really nice (as well as absurdly cheap). They fit better than the Dalprop 3045 and seem a better balance between low end cruising and high pitch screamers. Armattan recommend the Gemfan 3035 so I picked up a set of those to try as well.
The geo are a direct copy of old dal 5 inch, would be dubious about balance, material and flex, but just rescaling a 5 inch to 3 inch isn’t a bright idea. I would expect pretty crap efficiency, poor top end, slow transition but reasonably good torque at low throttle

Cheredanine

In light of the discussion I ran some consecutive packs with different props.

Used my vandal rather than the japalura as it is an SFYT quad rather than a potter around cam quad, with BrotherHobby 1507 4100kv which will expose behaviour under high torque/high speed.

Flights were done with 850mah 4s lipos

There was a serious crosswind which had predictable effects, and rain stopped me testing the gemfan flash 3052 but their performance is very similar to the dal.

The differences are mostly not massive.

The racekraft are definitely the fastest and have the best efficiency at high throttle, no question a racing prop, but don’t really come alive until mid throttle, low end is appalling, wouldn’t use for proximity and there are better acro props.

The HQ had surprising good top end, matching the others apart from the racekraft, but at the expense of massive efficiency loss in the top third of the throttle. Low throttle is excellent, ideal for the japalura as a cam ship and proximity stuff, good for acro if you don’t fly a style that puts you in the top end of throttle for sustained periods. Not a racer, even graphenes wouldn’t last a race.

The dal and gemfan are pretty much middle of the road, jack of all trades, but master of none.

Tried to keep the same sort of flight but the key is to watch how much pitch I use, that is the indication of speed.

https://youtu.be/PQDKpW_hKrs

Raven49

Quote from: Cheredanine on Sunday,April 15, 2018, 17:14:45
In light of the discussion I ran some consecutive packs with different props.

Used my vandal rather than the japalura as it is an SFYT quad rather than a potter around cam quad, with BrotherHobby 1507 4100kv which will expose behaviour under high torque/high speed.

Flights were done with 850mah 4s lipos

There was a serious crosswind which had predictable effects, and rain stopped me testing the gemfan flash 3052 but their performance is very similar to the dal.

The differences are mostly not massive.

The racekraft are definitely the fastest and have the best efficiency at high throttle, no question a racing prop, but don’t really come alive until mid throttle, low end is appalling, wouldn’t use for proximity and there are better acro props.

The HQ had surprising good top end, matching the others apart from the racekraft, but at the expense of massive efficiency loss in the top third of the throttle. Low throttle is excellent, ideal for the japalura as a cam ship and proximity stuff, good for acro if you don’t fly a style that puts you in the top end of throttle for sustained periods. Not a racer, even graphenes wouldn’t last a race.

The dal and gemfan are pretty much middle of the road, jack of all trades, but master of none.

Tried to keep the same sort of flight but the key is to watch how much pitch I use, that is the indication of speed.

https://youtu.be/PQDKpW_hKrs

That's massively helpful - thanks! Where did you get the HQ Prop 3x5x3? I can't seem to find them anywhere at the moment!

Cheredanine