Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 03:33:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Vandal 3 inch

Started by Cheredanine, Wednesday,March 21, 2018, 13:51:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheredanine

Ok so not a 250 by a long way and props don’t arrive until tomorrow.

Frame Vandal 1407 3 inch from Armattan Productions
Plus standoffs and bolts

Stack hglrc xjb f425 with vtx
Axii ufl
Xm+
Cut down forevertube over the standoff antenna mounts, cut down spare cam mount from an air ro
Runcam swift micro
Brotherhobby avenger 1507 4100kv
470uf 25v lesr cap

Photo on scales is with an 850mah 4s lipo

Flight footage once I get props sorted

upload html free

Jakalas

Looking good  :cool:

Been eyeballing those motors for a bit now. Let us know how they go.

What props are you going for?
Check out my videos here:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/Jakalas"]https://www.youtube.com/c/Jakalas[/url]

Cheredanine

I tried the motors first on a 4 inch (hq4x4.3x3v1s) I normally use F20ii on those, found they had a little more Top end but needed graphene 1000mah to get it. Very nice but definatley pushing over propped.

Got cyclone 3058 on the way, planning to try gemfan flash 3052 and possibly hq too depending on what they like (Engineerx sent me his thrust tests for the 4100kv which he hasn’t published yet, massive thrust but lipo hungry)

Cheredanine

Quote from: Jakalas on Wednesday,March 21, 2018, 15:35:20
Looking good  :cool:

Been eyeballing those motors for a bit now. Let us know how they go.

What props are you going for?
Ok more feedback on the motors, the 4100kv are plain thirsty, even on 3 inch, WOT the length of a footy field, round the posts and before I get back I am getting lipo alerts off 850mah tattu (tried several to rule out the lipo) with cyclone 3056.
That said, FAST, I do have faster 4 and 5 inch but by no means all of them

Got to get used to 3 inch, punch/acceleration is slower, hit the ground at the bottom of dives a few times on tuning flights, used to more punch

Cheredanine

Clips from tuning flights/maiden, on second clip you can actually see the bolt leave the frame :)

https://youtu.be/dzYdnlosH2o

hoverfly

I shall refrain from making jokes about people having a screw loose. oops to late. ::)  Just goes to show if there are bits missing and it still flies they weren't really needed. :whistling:

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Cheredanine

Quote from: hoverfly on Friday,March 23, 2018, 08:35:03
I shall refrain from making jokes about people having a screw loose. oops to late. ::)  Just goes to show if there are bits missing and it still flies they weren't really needed. :whistling:
Lol you are not wrong, I have to worry about myself, my initial reaction was “well of it didn’t need that one, what else doesn’t it need?”

VaNDAL_UK

Cheredanine

Ok a bit of speed testing...
Some thoughts / conclusions

As you get smaller from 5inch weight is more important - this is because extra weight puts more load on the motor, this makes it harder for the motor to spin the props act a given speed, this in turn needs more power from the lipo, the smaller quads use smaller lipos which find it harder to supply the amps,

Most of the current crop of 3 inch quads in the UK are 40grams (japalura, sparrow, Phuket) and there is a tendency to use 1407 motors

This is a 26gram frame with brother 1507 4100kv, it is faster than a lot of 5inch quads, and this is why picking the right parts is important

https://youtu.be/pVcFHkYmZYg

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Monday,April 23, 2018, 13:25:21
Ok a bit of speed testing...
Some thoughts / conclusions

As you get smaller from 5inch weight is more important - this is because extra weight puts more load on the motor, this makes it harder for the motor to spin the props act a given speed, this in turn needs more power from the lipo, the smaller quads use smaller lipos which find it harder to supply the amps,

Most of the current crop of 3 inch quads in the UK are 40grams (japalura, sparrow, Phuket) and there is a tendency to use 1407 motors

This is a 26gram frame with brother 1507 4100kv, it is faster than a lot of 5inch quads, and this is why picking the right parts is important
Cheredanine have a quick check of your youtube description, seems a little confusing? I know what you mean more weight, more work for motors so more amps.
I try :-)

Cheredanine

Quote from: ched999uk on Monday,April 23, 2018, 16:31:55
Cheredanine have a quick check of your youtube description, seems a little confusing? I know what you mean more weight, more work for motors so more amps.
ty mate, will do

Cheredanine

Amended, and slight upgrade - out with the swift micro, in with the predetor micro, much prefer this cam, miles better for spotting scraggle