User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Bad Raven: I would'nt know but obviously you have had the experience.....  :evil
    June 17, 2018, 13:08:09
  • shawdreamer: his boyfriend couldnt wait..... :whistling:
    June 17, 2018, 11:58:37
  • hoverfly: Keckon, is usually the result of typing with your mouth full. :whistling:
    June 16, 2018, 16:37:24
  • Bad Raven: Keckon???  Where did THAT come from??
    June 16, 2018, 16:13:17
  • Bad Raven: I keckon you have bootleg Domino's................  And HF , I ALWAYS give a tip, it's "don't upset me"....
    June 16, 2018, 16:08:46
  • DarkButterfly: Not sure why they're different colours :laugh:
    June 16, 2018, 13:19:02
  • hoverfly: Blue boxes are used to indicate to the delivery bloke they won't get a tip at that house.. :laugh:
    June 16, 2018, 09:07:42
  • Bad Raven: And on another more important matter, wny is your domino's box red, ours are blue!!!   :blink :laugh:
    June 16, 2018, 05:47:01
  • Bajadre: :laugh:
    June 15, 2018, 23:47:19
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    June 15, 2018, 22:41:37
  • shawdreamer: oh it'll fly...... like a piece of 5hit with a big arse motor attached..... but it'll fly :laugh:
    June 15, 2018, 22:25:24
  • hoverfly: Superb,  :rofl:
    June 15, 2018, 22:14:50
  • DarkButterfly: :smiley:
    June 15, 2018, 21:02:23
  • DarkButterfly: Need to get some electronics on this and see if it flies [link]
    June 15, 2018, 21:02:14
  • atomiclama: I used the solder ones [link] as I do't have a crimp tool and should be able to reuse the connector if required
    June 15, 2018, 14:50:33
  • VaNDAL_UK: Nice one. I'm gonna go for it. just looking for the SMA connectors with the crips as Ive had a few break at the root.
    June 15, 2018, 14:44:53
  • atomiclama: these are my first attempts, got better since then [link]
    June 15, 2018, 10:57:11
  • atomiclama: Yeah could've got mine cheaper but wanted it in reasonable time. Go for it, It's rewarding to see something you have made yourself.
    June 15, 2018, 10:54:38
  • VaNDAL_UK: atomiclama: I was pricing up the cable 0.08 copper wire and SMA connectors came out to about £15 and I could have made 5 meters worth of antennas!
    June 15, 2018, 10:31:48
  • hoverfly: Betaflight RC1...Interesting  if you go to the O.S.D  settings and then change the font  by lining up the icons in the correct precise order then hit  enter,...... It opens up the  O.C.D.  screen. :smiley:
    June 15, 2018, 09:01:13

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Which One ?  (Read 462 times)

Offline trebor

• Old boy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 122

Offline shawdreamer

• Liked: 740
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Re: Which One ?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:48:07 »
I think you'll need to look at what your wanting to use your printer for to get the answer you want.

both the printer designs you've listed have their advantages and possible issues.

for a simple example.

The tronxy CoreXY build has superior build width and will be better for printing items with a large footprint

while the Delta has the advantage in terms of height (and when setup correctly) speed

in other words....

If your after printing multirotor frames the Core XY Tronxy

If your after printing the missus a "toy" the Delta

you just need to decide which will better improve your life.... lots of multi's to fly or the missus pre-occupied having lots of multi's and therefore leaving you alone. ~~
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Podracer v2
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie (under repair)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Offline trebor

• Old boy
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:25:44 »
I want one for quad parts and other bits, so what your saying the deltas are nice but the cartesians are nicer  :hmm:

Offline shawdreamer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 12:48:07 »
nope, I'm saying each design has its advantages and disadvantages.

A coreXY & prusa style are generally easier to setup and maintain which makes them better for a newcomer, they have generally large print beds for wider/larger horizontal prints.

A detla style has a slightly steeper learning curve but when properly setup and maintained can out perform the other two in terms of speed and often precision. what they lack in print bed width/size they often make up with in vertical precision.
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Podracer v2
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard

Offline Gaza07

• Administrator
  • Liked: 729
    • Multi Rotor UK
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 13:53:20 »
Just get both  ~~
I agree with shawdreamer decide by what you want to use it for
I had an earlier version of the anycubic which I sold yesterday for £100 to a member on here and I have to say for the money it was very good but,
did require more building than the current version and had rollers instead of rails but was a fair bit cheaper than the new larger version with the upgrades fitted that you linked to,
It came with every thing needed to start printing once it was built and worked very well without any problems

heres a video of it doing a test cube just skip through it if you take a look its a bit long  ::)

Offline trebor

• Old boy
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 18:59:09 »
What are you using now for printing if you've sold the delta ? I would like to use nylon and a plastic with some flex but not too rubbery, maybe tpu.
I must remember that the build size on the delta is smaller as one measurement is a radius.
Sorry I forgot to tick box notify of replies.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 19:08:41 by trebor »

Offline shawdreamer

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 19:56:24 »
you might just be making your life hard there if your new to the 3d printing world, filaments such as ninja-flex etc and tpu have their own individual degree's of difficulty and often require a greater degree of prep to get a clean print out of them, plus each has its own slicing settings in regards to retraction and speed so they can all be a little tricky to get right.

however if your set on having a degree of flexibility in a design (something like stiff rubber) such like motor dampening spacers on multirotors then a good option to look at is flexi-PLA, it essentially has very similar print properties and requirements as its hard PLA cousins but offers the "rubbery" quality most are looking for.

I found excelvan flex-pla to be a excellent option in this regard and I use it for varying vibe dampening applications.

prints as well as most PLa's with the minimum of fuss but can be a bit of a pain to find in the UK
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Podracer v2
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard

Offline trebor

• Old boy
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 20:20:48 »
That looks ok ! I want to make motor mounts that will slip over and glue to carbon tube that's stiff and takes a bit of bashing along with camera brackets that are softer / bendy.

Offline Gaza07

• Administrator
    • Multi Rotor UK
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 20:55:25 »
I sold the anycubic because I built a couple of deltas from parts a large one and one very similar to the anycubic but with better gear  ~~

Offline shawdreamer

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 21:26:35 »
That looks ok ! I want to make motor mounts that will slip over and glue to carbon tube that's stiff and takes a bit of bashing along with camera brackets that are softer / bendy.

It works well for them sorta applications, Ive also used it to make a couple of protective phone covers (from when I was taking my new phones onto site's and inevitably dropping them) and a few lipo sleeves.
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Podracer v2
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard

Offline trebor

• Old boy
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 10:15:11 »
Just watched this review, Tronxy on top of my wish list now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=260s&v=MtUbAGfbS48

Offline Gaza07

• Administrator
    • Multi Rotor UK
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 10:30:20 »
Just watched this review, Tronxy on top of my wish list now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=260s&v=MtUbAGfbS48

Thats not the same version linked above thats the more basic version with pulleys and not rails and looking at the dragon he printed Id say it did very well for $200

A lot of budget printers dont perform as well as the manafacturers claim but you basically get what you pay for  ~~  :beer2: