User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Bad Raven: I would'nt know but obviously you have had the experience.....  :evil
    June 17, 2018, 13:08:09
  • shawdreamer: his boyfriend couldnt wait..... :whistling:
    June 17, 2018, 11:58:37
  • hoverfly: Keckon, is usually the result of typing with your mouth full. :whistling:
    June 16, 2018, 16:37:24
  • Bad Raven: Keckon???  Where did THAT come from??
    June 16, 2018, 16:13:17
  • Bad Raven: I keckon you have bootleg Domino's................  And HF , I ALWAYS give a tip, it's "don't upset me"....
    June 16, 2018, 16:08:46
  • DarkButterfly: Not sure why they're different colours :laugh:
    June 16, 2018, 13:19:02
  • hoverfly: Blue boxes are used to indicate to the delivery bloke they won't get a tip at that house.. :laugh:
    June 16, 2018, 09:07:42
  • Bad Raven: And on another more important matter, wny is your domino's box red, ours are blue!!!   :blink :laugh:
    June 16, 2018, 05:47:01
  • Bajadre: :laugh:
    June 15, 2018, 23:47:19
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    June 15, 2018, 22:41:37
  • shawdreamer: oh it'll fly...... like a piece of 5hit with a big arse motor attached..... but it'll fly :laugh:
    June 15, 2018, 22:25:24
  • hoverfly: Superb,  :rofl:
    June 15, 2018, 22:14:50
  • DarkButterfly: :smiley:
    June 15, 2018, 21:02:23
  • DarkButterfly: Need to get some electronics on this and see if it flies [link]
    June 15, 2018, 21:02:14
  • atomiclama: I used the solder ones [link] as I do't have a crimp tool and should be able to reuse the connector if required
    June 15, 2018, 14:50:33
  • VaNDAL_UK: Nice one. I'm gonna go for it. just looking for the SMA connectors with the crips as Ive had a few break at the root.
    June 15, 2018, 14:44:53
  • atomiclama: these are my first attempts, got better since then [link]
    June 15, 2018, 10:57:11
  • atomiclama: Yeah could've got mine cheaper but wanted it in reasonable time. Go for it, It's rewarding to see something you have made yourself.
    June 15, 2018, 10:54:38
  • VaNDAL_UK: atomiclama: I was pricing up the cable 0.08 copper wire and SMA connectors came out to about £15 and I could have made 5 meters worth of antennas!
    June 15, 2018, 10:31:48
  • hoverfly: Betaflight RC1...Interesting  if you go to the O.S.D  settings and then change the font  by lining up the icons in the correct precise order then hit  enter,...... It opens up the  O.C.D.  screen. :smiley:
    June 15, 2018, 09:01:13

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: snow flight edits  (Read 501 times)

Offline daich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 49
  • crash. build.
snow flight edits
« on: March 07, 2018, 14:55:33 »
Here's my flight edit of snow we had

let's see some more!

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 60
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Re: snow flight edits
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 16:10:19 »
nice flying, what camera are you using?

i would upload mine, but it was an epic fail, destroyed my quad, wind knocked me a bit and i lost control, went straight into a brick wall, 2 props and 1 motor destroyed, landed in a foot of snow and stayed there over night, everything else was ok, just need a new motor and some props so im out of action for awhile

Offline daich

• crash. build.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 16:54:21 »
ah that's too bad...at least nothing shorted out int he snow? good thing half the joy of this hobby is building...or rebuilding!

I'm using the runcam mini split in this flight

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 295
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 17:18:35 »
ah that's too bad...at least nothing shorted out int he snow? good thing half the joy of this hobby is building...or rebuilding!

I'm using the runcam mini split in this flight

And which frame/flight controller/vtx? My 2 inch 4s needs a new frame as it’s a cheap banggood one and the arms flex after a crash. A slightly bigger frame would just allow me to squeeze in the split mini! It’s not the same not having hd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 17:19:27 »
Nice flying too!

Offline daich

• crash. build.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 17:27:18 »
A 4s 2inch? nice! what motors?

i'm using 3dpower Jet-110 frame which is spacioius and can fit a quad stack easily.
the FC is the HGLRC Zeus aio
and the VTX is a banggood ewrf which i like because it's a soldered on antenna for crash worthiness and it has smart audio controls and of course is cheap!
https://www.banggood.com/EWRF-5_8G-48CH-Raceband-025100200mW-Switchable-Transmitter-Module-Support-PWMOSD-Configuring-p-1182753.html

And which frame/flight controller/vtx? My 2 inch 4s needs a new frame as it’s a cheap banggood one and the arms flex after a crash. A slightly bigger frame would just allow me to squeeze in the split mini! It’s not the same not having hd!

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 18:34:19 »
A 4s 2inch? nice! what motors?

i'm using 3dpower Jet-110 frame which is spacioius and can fit a quad stack easily.
the FC is the HGLRC Zeus aio
and the VTX is a banggood ewrf which i like because it's a soldered on antenna for crash worthiness and it has smart audio controls and of course is cheap!
https://www.banggood.com/EWRF-5_8G-48CH-Raceband-025100200mW-Switchable-Transmitter-Module-Support-PWMOSD-Configuring-p-1182753.html

Cool! Mine runs emax 1106 4000kv. I don’t go too crazy on prop pitch but it’s still got plenty of punch.

I’ve also just ordered a little camera with dvr from bg. I saw it on an fb group and you can remove the camera and mod the dvr to work with any camera as an onboard dvr. Will give that a whirl and see how it goes, it won’t be hd but better than that Fatshark thing.

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 606
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 22:39:09 »
I’ve also just ordered a little camera with dvr from bg. I saw it on an fb group and you can remove the camera and mod the dvr to work with any camera as an onboard dvr. Will give that a whirl and see how it goes, it won’t be hd but better than that Fatshark thing.
It will be interesting to see how you get on with the dvr. Which one is it?

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
snow flight edits
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 23:25:34 »
This one. Cheap enough to try and not worry if it doesn’t work! It even stirred the mythical Charpu to post a question about it!

Turbowing DVR CYCLOPS 3 DVR-CAM AIO 1/3 CMOS 700TVL 120 Degree FPV AV Camera NTSC For RC Dronehttps://banggood.app.link/JjfKqDeP9K

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 23:41:54 by Elmattbo »

Offline daich

• crash. build.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 06:31:27 »
I use same motors! love them on 4s and with 2540 props... good to know they work well on the 2" too! which props are those?
Nice flying btw, you're brave between the legs! subbed.

I have tried the cyclops actually. The camera and dvr doesn't seem separable to me... maybe you will have better luck. There is also quite a lot of jello and the fpv feed seems to lag quite a lot....enough that it was uncomfortable to fly but it's manageable

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 22:11:14 »
I use same motors! love them on 4s and with 2540 props... good to know they work well on the 2" too! which props are those?
Nice flying btw, you're brave between the legs! subbed.

I have tried the cyclops actually. The camera and dvr doesn't seem separable to me... maybe you will have better luck. There is also quite a lot of jello and the fpv feed seems to lag quite a lot....enough that it was uncomfortable to fly but it's manageable

Ah ok I’ll have to see how it goes. The props are hq 19x30x3 I think. I can probably prop up a bit but it’s actually flying fine as it is. I tried some gemfan avan but wasn’t impressed. They did that gemfan thing where they get weak near the hub after a crash and caused bad vibrations.

Thanks for the sub, and I wasn’t that brave, the jeans I was wearing can withstand a 2 inch prop. Although I did flinch when I approached from the front!!