Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 00:24:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Betaflight OMNIBUS F4 Pro /V2 Flight Control wiring ?

Started by aburn09, Monday,December 11, 2017, 22:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

aburn09

I'm changing my FC from a SP Racing F3 Evo to the Betaflight OMNIBUS F4 Pro /V2 Flight Control as i want osd now I'm on Betaflight 3.2 but I'm stuck with the wiring.......I have an all in one pdb which pretty much everything goes into including my battery lead....... but looking at the diagram there are two positive leads to the controller I've numbered 1&2 and the negative underneath I've numbered 3 what I can't understand is why i have 2 positive leads one from the battery and one from the pdb when in my set up at the moment the pdb and battery are one in the same so where or why do I need a second positive wire attached to number 2 ?
Effectively my battery is at the moment connected to the pdb and that's how I want it to stay but do I then have to take 2 power feeds from the battery/pdb positive and solder them on points 1&2 as well ?
The FC I assumed would get it's power from the motor rail ?

atomiclama

The bat goes to 1

through the current shunt

out of 2 to your PDB

This allows the FC to measure you current load.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Cheredanine

Apyeah as above, the ground is wired conventionally, as you are assuming, but because the flight controller is measuring the ampage it needs to sit in series between the lipo and the odb on the + rail, and since it has that connection, it is using it for power (via its 5v reg

aburn09

What confused me was the size of the solder pads on the FC but looking into it you can solder your battery directly to the FC hence the larger solder pads !......so correct me if I'm wrong pad 2 would solder to a positive pad on the pdb with full access to battery voltage for example a ESC positive pad ?
Effectively pad 1&2 are the eqivilant of vbat which I have on my current SP Racing board ?......still don't understand why pad 2 is larger ?

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

aburn09

Quote from: atomiclama on Tuesday,December 12, 2017, 08:37:10
It's not much bigger, don't worry about it.

I didn't mean larger than 1 or 3 they are all about the same size.......I understand 1& 3 are larger because you have the option of soldering the battery leads to them and as they are thicker wires you need a larger pad but 2 doesn't have any thicker AWG needed to be soldered to it so it doesn't need to be the same size as 1 & 3 unless anyone knows different ?

atomiclama

2 needs to have the same wire gauge attached as the battery as it will carry the same current as the battery

From your diagram: -

The current comes from the battery into 1 flows through the shunt resistor out of 2 into your pdb and then onto the ESCs.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

aburn09

I didn't count on the awg of the wires having to be the same as the battery wires as they are about 16awg so I was just going to run thinner awg wires on pad 1,2 and 3 as the thicker battery wires go to the pdb so thinner wires would make connections between the pdb and FC more flexible like I've done with my SP Racing F3 Evo board....... looks like i need a rethink  :blink