User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: Still have a couple of orange tipple batts still working,   mainly part time... ::)
    July 16, 2018, 16:42:16
  • Bad Raven: The difference being most will not deliver the power but wil not be trashed in trying!
    July 16, 2018, 16:12:57
  • Kellarly: hehe, nothing changes there then!
    July 16, 2018, 09:26:19
  • Bad Raven: Is the issue Turnigy or Turnigy Nano-Tech? I have found that mid-blue Turnigy tend to be low on their stated "C" discharge rating.
    July 16, 2018, 08:37:09
  • ched999uk: RaceDayQuads have some cheap but good batts out now. Josh B tested and stats say very good especially at price. HobbyRC have 1300mAh 4S just under £20. Not had luck with Turnigy lipos either!!
    July 15, 2018, 22:48:51
  • Reman: Just realised that I hadn't gone through my stored Li-Po's for about a month. I try to visually check them every Saturday, And prod the plugs with a multimeter about once a month. Todays seen 12 more bulging packs go out to the incinerator..... All but one was a bloody Turnigy! Part of me wan't to burn the rest now and just get a load more Tattu packs, But I've spent good money on these packs and wan't to at least get a little more use out of them. :(
    July 15, 2018, 19:54:53
  • Bad Raven: Pre MR's I used to buy a lot from J.Perkins. Their website showed all items and stock or due date, go to dealer and buy with confidence. Then they went all "lifestyle" and all the site had were pictures or people. I wasn't after people. I never bought again. Yes, you'd think they'd learn...........
    July 15, 2018, 17:51:40
  • ched999uk: Reman sounds like amazon search. I find it ok unitil you want to search by price then amazon falls apart.... You would think both companies would get it right...
    July 15, 2018, 16:54:55
  • Reman: It's strange. The original setup they had about 5 or 6 years back wasn't too bad (Except for them occasionally getting accounts hacked), But they changed it to the last one that was clunky and slow, Now they've replaced that with a flashier one that's also clunky and slow ?!?!?! Most companies learn from what they do wrong. I don't buy from HK half as much as I used to, Mainly because it takes forever to trawl through 100 pages of totally unrelated stuff while looking for something you were thinking about getting when you saw it there the previous week !!!
    July 15, 2018, 16:27:21
  • hoverfly: I don't think there is a search button on H/King. They updated the site and forgot to  relabel the search button with  Random bo##ocks..
    July 15, 2018, 09:47:35
  • Bad Raven: Agree - The Search is abysmal!!
    July 15, 2018, 08:40:52
  • Reman: I see HobbyKing's revamped their site again...... Shame they haven't made the search function work any better, Or worked out why the whole site goes slower than a pensioner in a Nissan Micra. :)
    July 15, 2018, 08:28:14
  • Reman: How thick is Google? You buy something online, Then for the next week you get targeted adds for the item you've just got?!?! That's the one item you're NOT going to be buying again at that point so it's wasted effort of there part. :)
    July 14, 2018, 08:50:51
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    July 13, 2018, 23:56:20
  • Kellarly: as does my ability not to realise what i've already typed
    July 13, 2018, 22:25:42
  • Kellarly: Wahooo, my whoop now lives!
    July 13, 2018, 22:25:19
  • Kellarly: yay, the whoop lives!!!
    July 13, 2018, 22:18:43
  • DarkButterfly: Had to replace the battery connector
    July 12, 2018, 10:57:47
  • Kellarly: good work! what was up with it?
    July 12, 2018, 10:39:33
  • DarkButterfly: Fixed my tiny6
    July 12, 2018, 10:23:59

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Betaflight OMNIBUS F4 Pro /V2 Flight Control wiring ?  (Read 1346 times)

Offline aburn09

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 74
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Betaflight OMNIBUS F4 Pro /V2 Flight Control wiring ?
« on: December 11, 2017, 22:12:57 »
 I'm changing my FC from a SP Racing F3 Evo to the Betaflight OMNIBUS F4 Pro /V2 Flight Control as i want osd now I'm on Betaflight 3.2 but I'm stuck with the wiring.......I have an all in one pdb which pretty much everything goes into including my battery lead....... but looking at the diagram there are two positive leads to the controller I've numbered 1&2 and the negative underneath I've numbered 3 what I can't understand is why i have 2 positive leads one from the battery and one from the pdb when in my set up at the moment the pdb and battery are one in the same so where or why do I need a second positive wire attached to number 2 ?
Effectively my battery is at the moment connected to the pdb and that's how I want it to stay but do I then have to take 2 power feeds from the battery/pdb positive and solder them on points 1&2 as well ?
The FC I assumed would get it's power from the motor rail ?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 22:31:17 by aburn09 »

Offline atomiclama

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Liked: 780
  • Uhh! What's that then, Oh! new project.
Re: Betaflight OMNIBUS F4 Pro /V2 Flight Control wiring ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 22:25:06 »
The bat goes to 1

through the current shunt

out of 2 to your PDB

This allows the FC to measure you current load.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Online Cheredanine

• Liked: 1239
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 23:29:46 »
Apyeah as above, the ground is wired conventionally, as you are assuming, but because the flight controller is measuring the ampage it needs to sit in series between the lipo and the odb on the + rail, and since it has that connection, it is using it for power (via its 5v reg

Offline aburn09

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 00:33:42 »
What confused me was the size of the solder pads on the FC but looking into it you can solder your battery directly to the FC hence the larger solder pads !......so correct me if I'm wrong pad 2 would solder to a positive pad on the pdb with full access to battery voltage for example a ESC positive pad ?
Effectively pad 1&2 are the eqivilant of vbat which I have on my current SP Racing board ?......still don't understand why pad 2 is larger ?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:09:33 by aburn09 »

Offline atomiclama

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:37:10 »
......still don't understand why pad 2 is larger ?

It's not much bigger, don't worry about it.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline aburn09

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 11:36:47 »
It's not much bigger, don't worry about it.

I didn't mean larger than 1 or 3 they are all about the same size.......I understand 1& 3 are larger because you have the option of soldering the battery leads to them and as they are thicker wires you need a larger pad but 2 doesn't have any thicker AWG needed to be soldered to it so it doesn't need to be the same size as 1 & 3 unless anyone knows different ?

Offline atomiclama

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:32 »
2 needs to have the same wire gauge attached as the battery as it will carry the same current as the battery

From your diagram: -

The current comes from the battery into 1 flows through the shunt resistor out of 2 into your pdb and then onto the ESCs.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline aburn09

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 12:15:01 »
I didn't count on the awg of the wires having to be the same as the battery wires as they are about 16awg so I was just going to run thinner awg wires on pad 1,2 and 3 as the thicker battery wires go to the pdb so thinner wires would make connections between the pdb and FC more flexible like I've done with my SP Racing F3 Evo board....... looks like i need a rethink  :blink