Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 09:07:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Kinetic aerial Air-Ro (4 inch)

Started by Cheredanine, Thursday,August 03, 2017, 12:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheredanine

So building a 5 inch sub250g is all well and good but I ended up buying multiple types of the same sort of parts, so for contingency I built a 4 inch racer :)

Frame : kinetic aerial Air-Ro
Really nice frame, light, strong and plenty of build room

raceflight milivolt flight controller
Raceflight spark 4in1 esc
Yet to see how raceflight flies but very nice, simple and easy build, and ancreadibly easy to set up with rf1

Armattan oomph 1407 3850kv
Arrow mini (micro on the way)
Tbs unify pro with cloverleaf antenna pigtail (that is not gonna last)
Frsky xm+
Forevertube over the standoff antenna mounts
470uf 25v low esr cap

Gonna maiden on gemfan 4045 and tattu 650mah 4s, auw about 220g, bench thrust about 3.2kg

Also test dal 4045 tris and hq4x4.3x3v1s

See what flight time comes in like

Cheredanine

Slight prop upgrade
And 235g auw :)

ched

Looks good, now we just need to see both your sub 250gms quads in action  ::)
I try :-)

Cheredanine

Lol blown an esc on the asguard on the 5 inch, replacement on the way
This thing is very interesting though, it isn';t expensive (frame is 38usd)
The rf kit could be replaced with the flytower (hglrc) 20mm 25 amp esc stack for about 40quid, the motors with dys se1407 3600kv and the cam with a swift micro.

Still running rf stock rates as getting used to flight characteristics, (only put 2 lipos through it after tuning out yaw oscillations) and it flies differently from 5 inch, it is fast but it turns on a penny, much sharper. Will try and get some fpv cam footage tomorrow, flight times off a 650mah tattu 4s are longer than I get off a 5inch racer on r-line 1300mah,
Really like it

Cheredanine

Here you go mate, this one is too much fun not to fly when I have chance, family away, so teatime session
https://youtu.be/BGqpvP1VfQ8

ched

Looks good. With it being so light do you think it will be more impacted by the wind?
I guess as it is lighter it might have less momentum and thus change direction a bit quicker too.

Wish I had tried building a sub 250 now... Oh well just an excuse for Christmas or next birthday  :smiley:

Cheredanine

That is a common mate, there was some wind there, can';t say I noticed, but wasn';t very strong
I didn';t particularly show it on that vid but it changes direction much quicker than 5 inch.
I would say the hq props are miles better than the others I tried (dal and gf)

The frame is not expensive at all, and As above, I think it can be done considerably cheaper and just as effectively

I did look at a number if the new 4 inch frames that are not just 5 inch cut downs, came down to the air-ro or the CMW superlight 4r
But the Air-Ro is half the price and stronger

Cheredanine

Quote from: ched999uk on Saturday,August 05, 2017, 21:30:26
Looks good. With it being so light do you think it will be more impacted by the wind?
I guess as it is lighter it might have less momentum and thus change direction a bit quicker too.
Ok mate, just got back from flying in what I would call "blustery" winds, held aspect perfectly, speed was effected but no more so than a good 5 inch racer, thinking smaller results in less wind effect

Cheredanine

Ok adding a bit, was at the flight line today getting some bb logs from my 5inch sub250g when a coulple of the guys turned up and set up a technical short course, 5 gates with difficult lines, 2 flags.
I had this quad with me and had to say it definatley held its own, the course had no real long too end runs where the 5 inch quads could use top end, tight corners are easy on this thing.
I have to say I really like it, will be building another shortly :)

Cheredanine

Really can';t recomend this quad enough, if you are thinking of a new build give something like this considerstion
https://youtu.be/2r-euoXJ9tU

ched

Nice, looks great, I am jealous.
The voltage display update frequency seems a bit quick, almost too quick to actually see a voltage level?

Cheredanine

Quote from: ched999uk on Saturday,August 19, 2017, 20:59:00
Nice, looks great, I am jealous.
The voltage display update frequency seems a bit quick, almost too quick to actually see a voltage level?
Yeah mate it is a problem with the arrow firmware on the arrow mini and micro, I believe they are relaseing v2 with a slower update rate (banggood already listing micro v2)
It is a bit of a pain but you just check you don';t see too many 13s, also if you punch and drop the throttle voltage stabilises.

Cheredanine

Confirmed mate, v2 of arrow mini and micro (now shipping from Foxeer) is supposed to have the voltage sensor refresh fixed as well as an LED racing mode

ched

Quote from: Cheredanine on Sunday,August 20, 2017, 16:18:04
Confirmed mate, v2 of arrow mini and micro (now shipping from Foxeer) is supposed to have the voltage sensor refresh fixed as well as an LED racing mode
That';s good. Can you update the firmware on the existing ones?
';LED racing mode'; ??? What does do, just give a red ';led'; light on osd on low batt?

Cheredanine

I doubt it.

The arrow mini and micro have a number of modes, basically optimum settings for different conditions, sunny, overcast etc and now led racing.

ched

Oh I see, racing at night with leds lighting the course  :smiley: Cool.

Cheredanine