Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 15:11:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 18
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Newbie from Bristol, south west UK

Started by Coppers Lot, Monday,January 02, 2017, 18:56:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Coppers Lot

Hi All,
Looking to come back into R/C , Used to "muck about" with R/C cars and hovercraft.

Looking to get into fpv drone flying and maybe camera work for fun footage as opposed to business.

I will probably buy RTF but in reality want to get into building my own.

My problem is not necessarily what to buy, although advice is always welcome, but more of where to buy from.

Had a look at Bang good but they don';t seem to have good reviews as fas as I can see.

Are there any UK members out there that can give me advice on where the best places to look to buy from please?

Thanks in advance.
Coppers Lot
Old, in it for the fun, know nothing type of gezzer.
Oh, did I say I like Rum?

Powernumpty

Hi and welcome to the forums,
I';ve had plenty of deliveries from Banggood and only a few problems.
One delivery (FPV antennas) smashed on the way, they were replaced after proof sent and two small items didn';t turn up but I didn';t follow up as value totalled £8 and I just couldn';t be bothered to chase up the local post office and Banggood combined over Xmas.
Deliveries can take an age, up to six weeks is not unheard of.

In the UK I like HobbyRC for really clear delivery times and general service, there are some vendors on here with excellent feedback like http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/, http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/
I';ve also found https://www.t9hobbysport.com great for FrSky bits and general breadth of stock.
Of course Hobbyking has taken more of my wages than is sensible but they seem to have lost some of their value recently (blamed on Brexit no doubt) Ordering from Hobbyking was a bit of a nightmare because it defaulted to the Asian warehouse and delivery was not cheap, they changed the website recently and it was worse for a while, seems to be settling down now, selecting UK only items seems to work again.
I';m sure others will have more responses especially with the photographic uses in mind.

Bajadre

Welcome to the forums buddy  ~~

few of us fly @ hengrove park area when you get yourself setup  :cool:
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Coppers Lot

Quote from: Powernumpty on Monday,January 02, 2017, 19:26:41
Hi and welcome to the forums,
I';ve had plenty of deliveries from Banggood and only a few problems.
One delivery (FPV antennas) smashed on the way, they were replaced after proof sent and two small items didn';t turn up but I didn';t follow up as value totalled £8 and I just couldn';t be bothered to chase up the local post office and Banggood combined over Xmas.
Deliveries can take an age, up to six weeks is not unheard of.

In the UK I like HobbyRC for really clear delivery times and general service, there are some vendors on here with excellent feedback like http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/, http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/
I';ve also found https://www.t9hobbysport.com great for FrSky bits and general breadth of stock.
Of course Hobbyking has taken more of my wages than is sensible but they seem to have lost some of their value recently (blamed on Brexit no doubt) Ordering from Hobbyking was a bit of a nightmare because it defaulted to the Asian warehouse and delivery was not cheap, they changed the website recently and it was worse for a while, seems to be settling down now, selecting UK only items seems to work again.
I';m sure others will have more responses especially with the photographic uses in mind.

Thank you for responding, I will check it all out.
I thought hobbyking was a USA based company and every time I buy from abroad the import charges have annoyed.....must have been a rum smuggler i a previous life LoL

Coppers Lot

Quote from: Bajadre on Monday,January 02, 2017, 19:36:20
Welcome to the forums buddy  ~~

few of us fly @ hengrove park area when you get yourself setup  :cool:

Oh fantastic, I am only over keynsham/Oldland way so would appreciate meeting up some time.

Is it all ad hoc or some sort of club please bud?

Powernumpty

Quote from: Coppers Lot on Monday,January 02, 2017, 19:41:25
Thank you for responding, I will check it all out.
I thought hobbyking was a USA based company and every time I buy from abroad the import charges have annoyed.....must have been a rum smuggler i a previous life LoL
I think they are based in China but have warehouses in a couple of places stateside, Australia, EU, Russia and UK, if not more.
When ordering there is now a check box to select the warehouse.

Duty is the other thing to consider with Banggood, if the item is over about £30 I check local supplier prices first as I';m happy to pay a reasonable premium for delivery speed, local warranty, and a fixed price, not to mention helping some UK business.

Bajadre

Quote from: Coppers Lot on Monday,January 02, 2017, 19:42:44
Oh fantastic, I am only over keynsham/Oldland way so would appreciate meeting up some time.

Is it all ad hoc or some sort of club please bud?

No club matey just a few guys etc we were flying up by keynsham by the Cadbury factory earlier in the year til we  got moved on  :( etc used to pop up chew magna lakes a lot too, 2 of us fly fpv and one of us flys LOS atm.
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Cheredanine

Hi, there are a few of us a bit further north near Stroud, (6 or so turned up to minichinhampton common today)

I would highly recommend the following sites, not just for. What they stick but the guys running them know what they are doing, you can phone them up, they will talk through what you are after and offer helpful advice that is not necessarily gonna cost you more money:

Hobbyrc
Electricwingman
Makeitbuildit
T9hobbysport (for frsky)

To a degree I have had less contact with but can';t fault:
Buildyourowndrone
Dronebitz

Others I have used but only occasionally, can';t comment on support levels or commercial interests:
I-drone
Droneshack
Supremefpv
Radioc

Shopping from banggood, gearbest etc is alright if you know what you are looking for, don';t mind long delays and are not too fused if there is a problem, I happily buy stuff for under a tenner from them frequently

Multirotorspares
GWR fasteners
Carbolts

Are all blindingly good for ancillary bits

Real raft of good and bad stuff in the states, best of the bunch for my money are rotorgeeks (Canadian really)

Coppers Lot

bowkerlee

Hi just trying to get a chance to see where any events are taking place and if anyone else who knows where I have 2 drones 1 yuneec typhoon. And 1 of have been building myself

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Coppers Lot

Quote from: bowkerlee on Wednesday,January 11, 2017, 16:27:55
Hi just trying to get a chance to see where any events are taking place and if anyone else who knows where I have 2 drones 1 yuneec typhoon. And 1 of have been building myself

Where abouts in Bristol do you fly them?

bowkerlee

Sorry I live in ludlow Shropshire

Coppers Lot

Quote from: bowkerlee on Thursday,January 12, 2017, 12:20:50
Sorry I live in ludlow Shropshire

Perhaps you should post an introduction and let people know in the subject line, you will get more attenton that way.

bowkerlee