User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • DarkButterfly: I thought so too ::)
    Today at 00:45:02
  • Bajadre: am surprised db thought it would of been a lot less than that
    July 22, 2017, 21:51:31
  • atomiclama: What a porker  ::)
    July 22, 2017, 21:49:42
  • DarkButterfly: Weighed my thug quad it's 470g without battery
    July 22, 2017, 20:39:56
  • Bad Raven: S'why I have been doing so much work with 90 to 160 sized.......... I'm ready!! (but NOT willing)
    July 22, 2017, 19:34:15
  • spaghettinoodles: Mine weighs 666grams with batery
    July 22, 2017, 19:01:04
  • Bajadre: I just wieghted my quad 499grams lol thats me fkd
    July 22, 2017, 18:51:16
  • Gaza07: been puffing on it since I joined to  :rofl:
    July 22, 2017, 16:26:36
  • Bajadre: he been puffing on that same vig since i joined lol
    July 22, 2017, 15:54:08
  • Gaza07: I suppose I should get a new pic since I stopped smoking over 2 years ago, oh and stop looking at my naked body   :rofl:
    July 22, 2017, 14:50:44
  • hoverfly: @ Gaza07, lovely fur  would make a superb waistcoat. ::)
    July 22, 2017, 12:44:56
  • Reman: After finding that about half my stored Turnigy packs have started puffing to one extent or another, I decided to get something different. Just ordered some 1500mah 3s XF Power li-po's to give a try. Cant be any worse than having 2 flights, Storage charging them and digging them out to find them puffed. :(
    July 22, 2017, 09:31:09
  • Bad Raven: :blink :(
    July 20, 2017, 06:21:22
  • ched999uk: DB, had the storm 5pm and the sky did fall in on Blackpool! 1 ceiling down!!!!! and water peeing in!!!!!!
    July 19, 2017, 20:40:36
  • DarkButterfly: on the plus side my new quad is finished and the wing is ready to fly again
    July 19, 2017, 16:53:02
  • DarkButterfly: Had a storm at 3am, sounded like the sky was falling :laugh:
    July 19, 2017, 16:52:37
  • Gav: horrible n drizzly - grrr got me quads in the car for a sneaky flight after work too
    July 19, 2017, 16:27:52
  • Bajadre: Yeah we had thunderstorm tis morning at 4am woke me up still hot today tho
    July 19, 2017, 14:50:09
  • hoverfly: Wind is building here and BBC weather has just shown a storm heading this way  . :blink the also said it's going to be sticky this afternoon, so I'm going to get it washed... :embarrassed
    July 19, 2017, 13:45:02
  • Reman: Very little wind out there, But it looks like it's going to pi$$ it down any second........ Should I risk charging a couple of packs?
    July 19, 2017, 13:21:27

MultiRotorUK Test

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Simonk ESC keeps beeping a tune :(  (Read 631 times)

Offline mike245

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 0
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • View Profile
Simonk ESC keeps beeping a tune :(
« on: January 10, 2017, 19:03:25 »
Hi guys , I wounder if you could help me out with my problem please, i finished my f450 build so i tried to do the ESC all at once Calibration it seemed to work ok but when i plugged battery back in to try it out one of the ESC was making a beeping tune , now i cant do anything with it, it just keeps beeping this tune the other 3 seem to be ok, I ve tried it through the FC and on it`s own through the tx throttle channel, also changed the motor nothing seems to work it just keeps playing a beeping tune, i dont get no startup beeps just constantly playing a tune as soon as i plug a battery in.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 19:43:30 by mike245 »

Offline mike245

• Thank You
    • View Profile
Re: Simonk ESC keeps beeping a tune :(
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 23:42:16 »
Nobody as any idea why this ESC is making this Nose , I`ve taken the shrink wrap off and there dont seem to be anything wrong with the soldering looks prity good to tell the truth.

Offline Jazzz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 67
  • -Receive: 40
  • Liked: 708
  • Be a multi pilot not a drone operater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 00:05:17 »
Nobody as any idea why this ESC is making this Nose , I`ve taken the shrink wrap off and there dont seem to be anything wrong with the soldering looks prity good to tell the truth.
Ive had a listen .i don't know but I'm sure some of the old timers will have come across it before .
If the esc are cheap enough get another and keep that one for a spare till you can figure it out ..
Have you tried calibrating your esc one at a time it seems funny that only one has got stuck in the program mode

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline trebor

• Old boy
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:12:19 »
How have you done the rotation of the motor ? Through crossing the wires or through flight controler. Those wires look wrong to me.

Offline hoverfly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 58
  • Liked: 615
  • Quads, lots of quads
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 09:54:30 »
 Sad to say i think the esc is  flocked, if it's doing it straight from the receiver,  i  have had similar problems doing the all at once calibration , not all esc fire up at the same rate it might have got stuck in a program mode. p.i.t.a but i always calibrate my esc seperatly now.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
Spektrum DX 8 with mode knob conversion.Tarot 650, Tarot 250 DX9

Offline Paul01

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 79
  • Liked: 299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 11:23:49 »
Try re flashing it with simmonK firmware, or better still BLHeli.
FrSky Taranis X9D Plus with Hall effect gimbals
FatShark Dominator V3 with RealAcc Pro Diversity
Armattan Chameleon OOmph 2300kv Spedix ES25a ESC's Matek F405 FC
Martian 230 Emax RS2205 2300kv, X-Racer303, Spedix ES20a ESC's
DJI Mavic Pro
RealAcc 210+ Racerstar 2300kv Betaflight F3
Eachine QX90

Offline mike245

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 18:51:53 »
How have you done the rotation of the motor ? Through crossing the wires or through flight controler. Those wires look wrong to me.

The wires look a bit of a mess because i took them off another frame and they was abit short but they are wired correct Thanks m8.

Thanks guys, I have orderd 3 more but from the slow boat :(, i`ll carry on playing around with it but i think it is broke, cheers again..

Offline trebor

• Old boy
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 19:04:30 »
No worries, it just looks like the black wire coming out of the motor is in the centre and crosses with the yellow instead of having the two outside wires crossed.

Offline Jazzz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 67
  • -Receive: 40
  • Liked: 708
  • Be a multi pilot not a drone operater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 19:48:31 »
Try typing in to you tube  ...quadcopter esc continually beeping on start up .
Or somthing smiler There might be a solution there
I've watched a few myself but nothing concrete

Offline hoverfly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 58
  • Liked: 615
  • Quads, lots of quads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 22:25:38 »
Had another thought   :o check the signal wire is good, if you have a multimeter ring it through. Although its not the normal tone it might mean the ESC is not getting  a signal.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
Spektrum DX 8 with mode knob conversion.Tarot 650, Tarot 250 DX9

Offline Fletch

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 66
  • Liked: 407
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 06:10:36 »
There are 4 main beep frequencies used at different intervals and lengths to signal the various operation and fault states. These beep frequencies are labelled here as f1 through f4, where a higher number indicates a higher frequency. Repetition indicates longer beeps.

If CHECK_HARDWARE is enabled (default on the Afro and TBS boards), the drive and sense circuitry will be tested for correct operation at boot. This check will prevent beeping if it would be unsafe to do so (for example, if beeping would end up completing a short circuit), and so may prevent further damage in some cases.

Error conditions from CHECK_HARDWARE are flashed through the LED(s), if present, or beeped (if possible) before anything else, in a looping pattern, for as long as the error condition(s) persist. All conditions cannot be checked on some hardware due to pin routing, but will be indicated by beeping or flashing a particular count followed by a pause. If more than one error condition is present, each error will be reported in sequence. The error conditions are:

1: Phase A stuck high
2: Phase B stuck high
3: Phase C stuck high
4: AIN1 stuck high
5: AIN0 stuck high
6: Phase A low-side drive broken
7: Phase B low-side drive broken
8: Phase C low-side drive broken
9: Phase A high-side drive broken
10: Phase B high-side drive broken
11: Phase C high-side drive broken

Note that if the ESC resets while the motor is still spinning (such as after a brief power cut), it is possible that the induced current will cause some transient errors that will clear once the motor stops, and then operation will continue.

During boot, the MCUCSR register is checked to see the reason for reset. For exact behaviour, see near "Check reset cause" in tgy.asm. Here are the expected beep sequences:

f1 f2 f3: Regular startup with nothing special detected

f3 f1: Voltage brown-out bit was set (MCU voltage dropped below 2.7V/4.0V)

f4: External reset (via the reset pin, as in after programming)

looping f1 f1 f3 f3: Watchdog reset (previous execution locked up)

looping beeps (8) of f2 or f4: Unknown (beeps out all MCUCSR bits, LSF)

fast repeating beeps of f4 while idle: Noise on PWM input detected

Once a valid input source is found and receiving idle throttle, f4 f4 f4 (a long f4 beep) indicates that the ESC is armed and will start the motor when throttle goes non-zero. If you are unable to start the motor and are not hearing the forth, long beep, try lowering the throttle trim, or raise it all the way to start throttle calibration (above).

If no input command is received for about 1 second, f3 f2 is beeped and the ESC returns to disarmed state, waiting for a valid arming signal.

If no valid input is received while disarmed and BEACON is enabled, an f3 beep will be emitted after about 8 seconds and then every 4 seconds.

The various beep frequencies use different FET combinations (rather than all FETs at the same time) to try to help diagnose boards with failed FETs or possible incorrect firmware pin configuration (build target). If you hear only one or two of the usual three power-up beeps, and the board worked previously, it is likely that one of the FETs has burned out. The ESC may still start and run the motor like this, but the motor will sound bad, and power and efficiency will be reduced.