Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 14:42:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

I think I fried my little bee esc

Started by bossy202, Friday,January 20, 2017, 14:56:53

Previous topic - Next topic

bossy202

Firstly, hello everyone, I';m new to the forum and the hobby so go easy on me!
I';ve just built myself a quad (naze 32, little bee 30A esc, Emax RS2205S 2300KV) and I think I might have fried one of the escs.

Build finished, connected to cleanflight, all motors were running in reverse (stupid mistake I know) so re-soldered wires to reverse direction.
This worked fine for 3 of the motors, only now when I connect in clean flight and try to run motor 4, it makes a very unhappy beeping noise and doesnt spin at all. to describe the beeping, it';s *high low high low high low*. I';t';s definitely telling me that something is unhappy, but as yet i cant figure out what.
I';ve resoldered the joint on this motor again but still no luck.
When i get time, I';ll try swapping it with another motor, but i have a feeling its the esc. Cant figure out what could have gone so horribly wrong when i swapped two wires tho  :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help

Gav

ello!  Have you tried throttle range calibration routine on them?

bossy202

I have not! how would I go about doing that?

ched

Welcome. Have a look at http://www.little-bellanca.com/manual_download/flza3000-tech.pdf
Down at the bottom there is a trouble shooting guide. It gives info on beeps and what to try and fix.
Hope that helps?
I try :-)

GdLookinMingeR

Have you fired up blheli suite through cleanflight to check the config?
Good luck
Jay
! No longer available

Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

bossy202

OK, so I';ve been pulling my hair out trying to get blheli to work with my escs. for some reason when i have it connected, it doesnt seem to be recognising them as littlebee, instead it says "A-H-15"

I';ve attached a screenshot highlighting where it says  this.

If I try to flash firmware, I dont get any option to use littlebee either.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Cheredanine

That is blheli_s firmware, not blheli
I don';t think A-H-15 is the right hex, are all 4 of them showing the same hex?

A - pin layout of processor
H - BB2 chipset
15 - latency value

they come flashed with a hex out the factory, you should continue to use that hex, just later versions, you can, however use a hex with a higher latency, for example if they came with A-H-30 you could flash with A-H-50 but not A-H-15

I have a vague recollection littlebee recomend 30
Also what signal are you using?oneshot?

Cheredanine

Also you are showing the screenshot for motor 1
Please show motor 4
(See the four boxes at the bottom, click on each in turn until only motor 4 has a number in it

bossy202

yes its showing the same hex for all the escs. I cant figure out why its showing me A-H-15 and not FVT littlebee 30A.
Yeah im using oneshot

bossy202

Here';s a quick video showing what happens when i try to start the motor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtl8oNA5Jbs

Cheredanine

Quote from: bossy202 on Saturday,January 21, 2017, 00:26:49
yes its showing the same hex for all the escs. I cant figure out why its showing me A-H-15 and not FVT littlebee 30A.
Yeah im using oneshot
Because they are blheli_s escs, not blheli.  Blheli_s uses that type of name, not names with the escs on them
As above, please provide screenshot of motor4

bossy202

ah! so that makes sense about the A-H-15 hex for these escs. I';ve attached screenshots for all the escs and an overview. The throttle settings are after a calibration.

So, the million dollar question, how do I go about making this esc happy again?

Cheredanine

Ok mate
So that all looks ok
First issue is 16.3 had a nasty habit of bricking or blowing escs, can';t remember which off the top of my head,

Upgrade blheli_s
Just accept everything (it will offer you the same hex name - A-H-15
That should get you to 16.6
Then try again

If you are still beeping not spinning then check physical connections for that motor and if that is fine, try flashing with a hex with a higher number such as A-H-30

bossy202

Ok, thanks for the help. I';m hesitant to flash firmware though, when the other 3 are working fine, and this one was also working fine until I switched the motor wires.

Cheredanine

Flashing firmware is trivial, i would want off 16.3 anyway, it has known issues
But if there is nothing physical then flashing with a larger quiescence would be the next step

bossy202

so I was unable to flash directly to 16.6 from 16.3, so I went down to 16.1 and was able to flash 16.6 to the unhappy esc. (decided against trying it on the working ones yet)

It';s still making unhappy noises at me when i try to run the motor :(
I';m able to write new values of max/throttle etc to the esc, it just wont run!

Any ideas?
dodgy motor?

GdLookinMingeR

sounds like a bad solder joint TBH
Might be worth checking the motor mounts as well.

Good Luck
Jay
Carbon Tricopter with KK2 mini because you have to own a Tri and Falcon Evo FPV (rebuild again) with fatshark 600mw vtx & pz2040 cam. New addition (hidden from the missus!) 250 quad.

Cheredanine

Tend to agree, something physically not well connected or something connected or touching that shouldn';t be

bossy202

Quote from: GdLookinMingeR on Sunday,January 22, 2017, 13:25:32
sounds like a bad solder joint TBH
Might be worth checking the motor mounts as well.

Good Luck
Jay

Motor mount? do you mean check that i haven';t screwed into the bottom of the windings? I';ve double checked the screws are short enough.

As for solder joints, i';ve resoldered the motor to the esc and im happy with those joints. I think the other esc joints are fine as well, seeing as the motor has previously run, before i changed the direction.

bossy202

So you guys were right!
Under investigation (with magnifying glass) i found a tiny piece of solder bridging two of the surface mount components. the lightest touch with a soldering iron caused it to flow and clear the gap.
HEY PRESTO
working motor!

Thanks for all the help guys. no doubt ill be back in the future with more stupid questions!