Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 05:31:38

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Simonk ESC keeps beeping a tune :(

Started by mike245, Tuesday,January 10, 2017, 19:03:25

Previous topic - Next topic

mike245

Hi guys , I wounder if you could help me out with my problem please, i finished my f450 build so i tried to do the ESC all at once Calibration it seemed to work ok but when i plugged battery back in to try it out one of the ESC was making a beeping tune , now i cant do anything with it, it just keeps beeping this tune the other 3 seem to be ok, I ve tried it through the FC and on it`s own through the tx throttle channel, also changed the motor nothing seems to work it just keeps playing a beeping tune, i dont get no startup beeps just constantly playing a tune as soon as i plug a battery in.

https://youtu.be/rQAXEXUyL3w

mike245

Nobody as any idea why this ESC is making this Nose , I`ve taken the shrink wrap off and there dont seem to be anything wrong with the soldering looks prity good to tell the truth.

Jazzz

Quote from: mike245 on Thursday,January 12, 2017, 23:42:16
Nobody as any idea why this ESC is making this Nose , I`ve taken the shrink wrap off and there dont seem to be anything wrong with the soldering looks prity good to tell the truth.
Ive had a listen .i don';t know but I';m sure some of the old timers will have come across it before .
If the esc are cheap enough get another and keep that one for a spare till you can figure it out ..
Have you tried calibrating your esc one at a time it seems funny that only one has got stuck in the program mode

trebor

How have you done the rotation of the motor ? Through crossing the wires or through flight controler. Those wires look wrong to me.

hoverfly

Sad to say i think the esc is  flocked, if it';s doing it straight from the receiver,  i  have had similar problems doing the all at once calibration , not all esc fire up at the same rate it might have got stuck in a program mode. p.i.t.a but i always calibrate my esc seperatly now.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Paul01

Try re flashing it with simmonK firmware, or better still BLHeli.
TBS Tango 2
FatShark Dominator V3 with RapidFire Module
Armattan Chameleon-BF3.5.7
TBS Source One, KL100 Micro, Mobula7 HD
DJI Mavic Pro
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01"]https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01[/url]

mike245

Quote from: trebor on Friday,January 13, 2017, 04:12:19
How have you done the rotation of the motor ? Through crossing the wires or through flight controler. Those wires look wrong to me.

The wires look a bit of a mess because i took them off another frame and they was abit short but they are wired correct Thanks m8.

Thanks guys, I have orderd 3 more but from the slow boat :(, i`ll carry on playing around with it but i think it is broke, cheers again..

trebor

No worries, it just looks like the black wire coming out of the motor is in the centre and crosses with the yellow instead of having the two outside wires crossed.

Jazzz

Try typing in to you tube  ...quadcopter esc continually beeping on start up .
Or somthing smiler There might be a solution there
I';ve watched a few myself but nothing concrete

hoverfly

Had another thought   :o check the signal wire is good, if you have a multimeter ring it through. Although its not the normal tone it might mean the ESC is not getting  a signal.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Fletch

There are 4 main beep frequencies used at different intervals and lengths to signal the various operation and fault states. These beep frequencies are labelled here as f1 through f4, where a higher number indicates a higher frequency. Repetition indicates longer beeps.

If CHECK_HARDWARE is enabled (default on the Afro and TBS boards), the drive and sense circuitry will be tested for correct operation at boot. This check will prevent beeping if it would be unsafe to do so (for example, if beeping would end up completing a short circuit), and so may prevent further damage in some cases.

Error conditions from CHECK_HARDWARE are flashed through the LED(s), if present, or beeped (if possible) before anything else, in a looping pattern, for as long as the error condition(s) persist. All conditions cannot be checked on some hardware due to pin routing, but will be indicated by beeping or flashing a particular count followed by a pause. If more than one error condition is present, each error will be reported in sequence. The error conditions are:

1: Phase A stuck high
2: Phase B stuck high
3: Phase C stuck high
4: AIN1 stuck high
5: AIN0 stuck high
6: Phase A low-side drive broken
7: Phase B low-side drive broken
8: Phase C low-side drive broken
9: Phase A high-side drive broken
10: Phase B high-side drive broken
11: Phase C high-side drive broken

Note that if the ESC resets while the motor is still spinning (such as after a brief power cut), it is possible that the induced current will cause some transient errors that will clear once the motor stops, and then operation will continue.

During boot, the MCUCSR register is checked to see the reason for reset. For exact behaviour, see near "Check reset cause" in tgy.asm. Here are the expected beep sequences:

f1 f2 f3: Regular startup with nothing special detected

f3 f1: Voltage brown-out bit was set (MCU voltage dropped below 2.7V/4.0V)

f4: External reset (via the reset pin, as in after programming)

looping f1 f1 f3 f3: Watchdog reset (previous execution locked up)

looping beeps (8) of f2 or f4: Unknown (beeps out all MCUCSR bits, LSF)

fast repeating beeps of f4 while idle: Noise on PWM input detected

Once a valid input source is found and receiving idle throttle, f4 f4 f4 (a long f4 beep) indicates that the ESC is armed and will start the motor when throttle goes non-zero. If you are unable to start the motor and are not hearing the forth, long beep, try lowering the throttle trim, or raise it all the way to start throttle calibration (above).

If no input command is received for about 1 second, f3 f2 is beeped and the ESC returns to disarmed state, waiting for a valid arming signal.

If no valid input is received while disarmed and BEACON is enabled, an f3 beep will be emitted after about 8 seconds and then every 4 seconds.

The various beep frequencies use different FET combinations (rather than all FETs at the same time) to try to help diagnose boards with failed FETs or possible incorrect firmware pin configuration (build target). If you hear only one or two of the usual three power-up beeps, and the board worked previously, it is likely that one of the FETs has burned out. The ESC may still start and run the motor like this, but the motor will sound bad, and power and efficiency will be reduced.