User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Who's In The Chat Rooms

User in Chat:

Author Topic: New Taranis Q X7  (Read 260 times)

Offline TwoFourty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 9
  • Quad madness
New Taranis Q X7
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:51:03 »
Hey guys. A lot of new products showing up lately. What are your opinions on this? I was always thinking about getting a taranis but i was put off by design and too many switches that i'm not gonna use it. This one looks pretty good, fair enough pricing, and with frsky protocols my quad should fly like a dream ^^

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 23
  • Liked: 78
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Re: New Taranis Q X7
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 23:58:50 »
Whats great about the taranis?i fly flysky what will this give to me a general park flyer who dosnt trick?i dont fancy changing rx,i aint bothered about gaining milliseconds of response,is it wirth it over fsi6?
 :smiley:

Offline Cheredanine

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 181
  • Liked: 388
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 00:14:38 »
Whats great about the taranis?i fly flysky what will this give to me a general park flyer who dosnt trick?i dont fancy changing rx,i aint bothered about gaining milliseconds of response,is it wirth it over fsi6?
If you are flying flysky and happy with it then there isn't a point in changing mate.

The reasons the taranis was more popular included:
Functionally far more rich, if you can think of it, you can do it with a taranis
Full telemetry
Cheap, small, light 16 channel recievers with diversity antenna
Better build quality, most importantly better gimbals although there are better ones out there still hence the aurora 9 gimbal mod and the upcoming Hall effect gibal upgrade

Some of those gaps such as telemetry, are closing, for my money the benefit is the size of the rx. But as above, with what you are describing, there isn't a lot of point, you are building ultra tight racing quad builds where the Rx size is critical, flysky telemetry has come on leaps and bounds and you are happy with the feel of your radio

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 22:49:38 »
Might buy one just to have,although i will use it,even though i aint a bells and whistles guy i am finding i dont have a need to build any more quads,so might just upgrade or add this to my tx options although i dont by any means intend to build a tx collection  :blink

Just getting to that point for me where i dont want any more quads,i got all the quads i need/use and used all the excuses to have em.
 :rolleyes:

Offline Cheredanine

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 23:35:40 »
Might buy one just to have,although i will use it,even though i aint a bells and whistles guy i am finding i dont have a need to build any more quads,so might just upgrade or add this to my tx options although i dont by any means intend to build a tx collection  :blink

Just getting to that point for me where i dont want any more quads,i got all the quads i need/use and used all the excuses to have em.
 :rolleyes:
I got an answer for that too :) look at this, the words "want one" will go through your head:
http://www.dquad.nl/Obsession.html

Offline DarkButterfly

• Wings in the sky
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 91
  • Liked: 915
  • Got the Hexfactor
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:35 »
I got an answer for that too :) look at this, the words "want one" will go through your head:
http://www.dquad.nl/Obsession.html

Looks good,

However the battery is still underslung which means you have to land on it :laugh:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

Offline Cheredanine

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 09:07:05 »
Looks good,

However the battery is still underslung which means you have to land on it :laugh:
Not sure I would dare fly it, it's a thing of beauty!
Scratch that, so is my dronewolf and see below :)

However for reference mate. I resisted flying the small-x underslung for the longest time, they didn't appeal to me and I had the same concern about landing, however in the end I gave in, since then I have built an SCX, a shrike, a TSX and a QAV-X. They are all of that type, the agility is superb and I have never damaged a battery landing them (and on most of them the use of the word "landing" is stretching it, even with a GoPro2 lense I can't see the ground when level as the cam angle is a little on the insane side)

All that said I recently rebuilt my dronewolf (short x alien type) and I have to say it flies just as well

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 21:20:33 »
I got a cf battery thing on the frame i got and use it,it might help ot might not but it tends to dig up dirt but thats not a prob,just wash it away.

I find the battery underslung makes me wanna fly low all the time,i find it different for sure from flying with battery ontop.i like my 150 with battery ontop,its fast,agile and bags if fun and i just upgraded the motors today to tornado 1407,weather permitting i maiden it tomorrow,new kombini fc also  ::)

When i build up the 250,which was my furst frame,i got it up and running i just need to replace the rx with a (what i think is better) rx with failsafe as its current rx has no failsafe inbuilt so i am shy to take it to park for los hovering before fitting the fpv stuff.

After my 250 is done and this new micro brushless build i am just gonna upgrade the fc on my rotorx atom and i think i am happy with what i got.

So nah,i am happy me with what i have.