User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Who's In The Chat Rooms

User in Chat:

Author Topic: This Christmas and New Year I have mostly been ....  (Read 319 times)

Offline Hands0n

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 257
  • -Receive: 597
  • Liked: 2805
  • Did the Wright brothers feel this amazing?
    • Technoratia
Re: This Christmas and New Year I have mostly been ....
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 16:55:23 »
each daughter board will handle 2 thermocouples I personally would convert the Bed to a know Thermistor such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modular-Screw-on-M3-Stud-Metal-Thermistor-for-Reprap-Prusa-3D-Printer-Hot-End-/221892120007?hash=item33a9cd0dc7  or one of E3D's semitec 104 thermistors  there are lots of options there and stick with the Hotend Thermocouples

Ha!  I didn't think of only updating the Heat Bed to Termistor and only use a single daughter board for the incumbent hot end Thermocouples!  :slap:   Brilliant!  Ta!  :beer2:     

That'll save a few quid...

Thinking that'll be the upgrade I'll go for first.  And a 24v upgrade if I can make it all work together - or at least a much higher wattage 12v supply than the one it shipped with.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Offline Dougal1957

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 34
  • Liked: 109
Re: This Christmas and New Year I have mostly been ....
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 17:02:27 »
24 Volt all the way Danny board will handle it easily (I run mine on 24 Volt as well)  don't forget to do that you will need to swap out the hotend Heaters and the fans to 24V as well

The Board can handle upto 15Amps on the Bed heater circuit as well.

If you are thinking of swapping the Bed then a piece of Ecocast Ally with a silicon heater under it is the way to go.