User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Who's In The Chat Rooms

User in Chat:

Author Topic: Possible build plan (judge me)  (Read 210 times)

Offline TwoFourty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 11
  • Quad madness
    • View Profile
Possible build plan (judge me)
« on: March 23, 2017, 21:01:28 »
So my plan is to build two identical top of the shelf 5' quads. why two? because i am really looking forward to start traveling around England and fly in epic spots. So having a spare one, cuts down all the hassle about field repairs, so i won't have to carry a lot of extra tools. Here is my part list and price list gathered around ebay, bangood ant local websites.

PART LIST

========== MUST HAVE ==========

FRAME            QAV210 3mm                 15.00
MOTORS         Tornado T2                     56.00
ESCS              Spedix 30A                      35.00
FC                   Flip32 F4                         22.00
PDB              MATEK 5V &12V UBEC       6.00
CAMERA         Foxeer Monster               31.00
VTX                TBS Unify Pro                  25.00
RX                  FrSky X4R-SB                 25.00

Total:-------------------------------     215.00   x2=430.00                             

========= OPTIONAL ============

GOGGLES       Skyzone V2              200.00

my plan is to run those beasts on HQprop 5x4x3 V1S props and feed them power from Tattu 4S 1300mAh 75C batteries. Lay me your judgment now please. personally i think the only place where i am bit cheaping out is FC. but i don't need much from it. just to run telemetry, beeing F4 to be future proof and maybe finally i will put a buzzer on my quad.

Online Cheredanine

• Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 242
  • Liked: 591
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
    • View Profile
Re: Possible build plan (judge me)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 21:47:59 »
So my plan is to build two identical top of the shelf 5' quads. why two? because i am really looking forward to start traveling around England and fly in epic spots. So having a spare one, cuts down all the hassle about field repairs, so i won't have to carry a lot of extra tools. Here is my part list and price list gathered around ebay, bangood ant local websites.
Oki doki understood
PART LIST

========== MUST HAVE ==========

FRAME            QAV210 3mm                 15.00
Liar liar pants on fire, is realacc or Lisam isn't it?
No arguement, given a lot of new flying locations I think I would go for too mounted lipo, can't fault
MOTORS         Tornado T2                     56.00
ESCS              Spedix 30A                      35.00
You only need 25a mate, running two quads with returner R4 and one with oomph with 25a without issue
FC                   Flip32 F4                         22.00
Personnaly I would run a lux v2, you can then ditch the matek and run a lumenier bare 4power with a single 12v pololu for the fpv - the lux takes battery voltage and pads are more sturdy
PDB              MATEK 5V &12V UBEC       6.00
as above, otherwise oki doki
CAMERA         Foxeer Monster               31.00
So,done been watching kebab? I would use Foxeer arrow v3, having voltage displayed by cam is really useful
VTX                TBS Unify Pro                  25.00
RX                  FrSky X4R-SB                 25.00

Total:-------------------------------     215.00   x2=430.00                             

========= OPTIONAL ============

GOGGLES       Skyzone V2              200.00

my plan is to run those beasts on HQprop 5x4x3 V1S props and feed them power from Tattu 4S 1300mAh 75C batteries. Lay me your judgment now please. personally i think the only place where i am bit cheaping out is FC. but i don't need much from it. just to run telemetry, beeing F4 to be future proof and maybe finally i will put a buzzer on my quad.
LEDs and buzzer if you are flying in strange places, lumenier tail board fits well but matek have a h shaped tail board with LEDs and a buzzer

Offline TwoFourty

• Thank You
  • Quad madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 22:10:38 »
I chose foxeer monster because of 16:9. Intending to get akyzone goggles witch are 16:9 aswell. Arrow was my first choise, but then i started getting intobresearch about goggles

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Online Cheredanine

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 22:15:57 »
So what you using for voltage? Logical switchon taranis and audio alert?  Don't like that approach matek it can go cos of voltage sag, if you are sticking with that orientation and no reason why not to, you ought to be able to put a piggy osd on the back of the monster and use that to display voltage

Offline TwoFourty

• Thank You
  • Quad madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 23:01:17 »
To be honest i am not using anything at the moment. Just timer. At the moment i am running runcam swift and using eachine vizor which is 16:9 so maybe going with arrow might be an option. But at the moment i got around 120° FOV with it, i am a bot scared to lower it 4 times and get just 30° that skyzones are offering. Never tried fat shark type of goggle, so got no clue what to expect.  The only thing that is putting me of getting pair of those sleak looking goggles.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Online Cheredanine

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 23:19:59 »
With fatsharks complained to visors:
I got given a visor to test, to I packed a drone, the visor, my dominators and the missus
She has never flown fpv and never looked though goggles in flight, so it was a good blind test.
Her conclusion was the doms were more immersive, with the visor you felt like you were behind the drone or watching tv with the doms you felt your were in the quad

I then tried myself and agree with her, obviously you are using skyzone not doms but would expect it to be similar.

For is more about the lense
And last thing you want to do when flying away from home somewhere strange is drop out the sky cos your battery died and not know where it is

Which cam I wouldn't criticise either way but I would want voltage on screen, swift and arrow both do that neater
Although to be honest if I was doing what you intend I would take my dronewolf which has tbs elite vision bundle, osd has access to cam menu, can control the vtx settings and can change pids etc

Offline Ern Stock

• Thank You
  • -Given: 58
  • -Receive: 7
  • Liked: 38
  • s devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 21:47:32 »
Two identical quads good.
If poss , use obvious marker (tape / tie wraps ) to differentiate .
I've ended up writing the model number on the props.
Still have those " why won't it arm ?" moments when got the wrong model up on tx.