Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 11:25:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

DronesForLess.co.uk are they legit?

Started by PropsToYou, Wednesday,July 20, 2016, 15:40:40

Previous topic - Next topic

PropsToYou

Has anybody bought anything substantial from them or got any experience with them?
Some of their items seem to offer considerable savings over anyone else online and I just wonder how they can offer such deals without being 2nds stock or something.

dronesforless.co.uk
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Nazgul Evoque F6D V2
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

Portfolio Site: \www.JoshForwood.co.uk
Online Store: \www.ByteTech.co.uk

kilby

Certainly a fantastic price on the 3DR stuff
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

apollo7

Never heard of them, just followed link and a banner kept popping up asking me to enter details to win a parrot, i would tread with care
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

No company details given in the contact us dept, looks like its just an office address.  . I looked at similar sites when i was looking for my Phantom ,  if they are grey imports if  anything goes buns up  i don';t think  they would be much help. SLR Hut  offer similar deals but  for me customer service is  really important.
Treat with caution. :hmm:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

PropsToYou

Well spotted. I just did a quick google of the phone number on their site and it came up with listings for another ';drones'; website, rockawaydrones.com which has subsequently closed down but was operating from the same address with the same contact details to they obviously got closed down and re-opened under another name.

They shall not be getting my money.
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

apollo7

Quote from: PropsToYou on Wednesday,July 20, 2016, 18:05:17
Well spotted. I just did a quick google of the phone number on their site and it came up with listings for another ';drones'; website, rockawaydrones.com which has subsequently closed down but was operating from the same address with the same contact details to they obviously got closed down and re-opened under another name.

They shall not be getting my money.
Does this mean you have decided what Quad to buy? how would the 3DR perform for you?
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

PropsToYou

Quote from: apollo7 on Wednesday,July 20, 2016, 18:27:50
Does this mean you have decided what Quad to buy? how would the 3DR perform for you?

I';m going for an Inspire Pro and will upgrade to the 5XR next year :)
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

apollo7

sounds good, post some pics when you get it, the good ole unboxing thread

Hozza

Interesting who is search :

WHOIS RESULTS
    Domain name:
        dronesforless.co.uk

Registrant:
        Mapleleafphoto LLC

Registrant type:
        Unknown

Registrant';s address:
        2 Toronto Street, Toronto
        Toronto
        Ontario
        M5C 2B5
        Canada

Data validation:
        Nominet was not able to match the registrant';s name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 27-Aug-2015

Registrar:
        GoDaddy.com, LLP. [Tag = GODADDY]
        URL: http://uk.godaddy.com

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 26-Aug-2015
        Expiry date:  26-Aug-2016
        Last updated:  26-Aug-2015

Registration status:
        Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
        ns45.domaincontrol.com
        ns46.domaincontrol.com

WHOIS lookup made at 22:03:56 20-Jul-2016

nub

na fek that buy it from some where well known even if it';s going cost you a little more.

no where localish you could walk in with cash?

i';d deff be trying to strike up a deal of some sort spending that kind of cash.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

PropsToYou

Probably my favourite part of their site is in the Terms and Conditions section where it explains that you may have to pay by ';alternate means'; if your order "is in access of £3000"

Quote from: nub on Wednesday,July 20, 2016, 22:32:43
na fek that buy it from some where well known even if it';s going cost you a little more.

no where localish you could walk in with cash?

i';d deff be trying to strike up a deal of some sort spending that kind of cash.

I don';t think I';ve ever seen an inspire for sale in a highstreet store lol.
DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

nub

:laugh:

meant a localish hobby shop/DJI dealer, that';s what i ended up doing and got a 7% discount ::)

or what about an Educational discount if you have any student friends was reading about it the other day but means you need to order direct from them though i think :(
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

PropsToYou

DJI Inspire 2 X5s
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
GEPRC CineLog20
iFlight Nazgul 5 HD
iFlight Chimera 7 HD
QAV-Pro Whoop 5
----------------

guest325

Quote from: PropsToYou on Thursday,July 21, 2016, 13:00:10
Unfortunately, they don';t sell the Pro
They used to but didn';t move any so discontinued them.

DronesforLess

This comes up from time to time.

Here @ Dronesforless our goal is to make buying a drone the same as buying some milk from the corner store EASY. So we offer a large selection of all major drones at discounted price points. Everything we sell is brand new original merchandise as you would purchase from your local drone shop.

One area we pride ourselves in is the after sales process. From our experience believe it or not most drone customer service issues are not because a first time drone user decided to fly into a brick wall. 98% of the drone related problems are Due to the following.

1. connectivity issues (drone not pairing w/ remote, camera not connecting to remote, the app cant find drone ect

very fixable but requires up to an hr to diagnose and fix

2. Firmware issues- Help! cant upgrade my firmware in the drone , remote, gimbal or all(you can see how many times this comes up in the forum)

Again fixable but up to an hr to diagnose and fix

Being these are common issues not isolated to one manufacturer we have found that getting the manufacturer to repair any of these issues within a 2 week timeframe is like winning the lottery. We have gotten many complaints of 2-3 month turnaround time.

With that said we have implemented a full in house service facility were certified drone technicians are available to troubleshoot or even walk you through the process of any problem that may arise.

So not only do we sell these at a discount you get full support as well.

So are we legit? The answer is YES we are the real deal. If you still have doubts we only accept two payment methods on our site credit cards or paypal. Worse case scenario if your really not happy or we don';t deliver paypal or your financial institution has you covered regardless. So why not? give us a try you will be happy as you';ve got nothing to loose.

Feel free to reach out with any query';s and we will be happy to address your concerns.

DronesForless.co.uk   

miniconverter

Quote from: DronesforLess on Friday,August 30, 1974, 05:25:53

With that said we have implemented a full in house service facility were certified drone technicians are available to troubleshoot or even walk you through the process of any problem that may arise.

Certified by who???

MichaelM

I went ahead and ordered a Phantom 3 Pro bundle from DronesForLess on Saturday, thinking that what I was getting was a pretty good deal (and I still think that) . I decided by Sunday that I couldn';t really afford the outlay and tried contacting them through Facebook to tell them I wanted to cancel the order, as it was Sunday and I expected their store to be closed. I got a reply soon after to say that due to a holiday, they were closed and would reopen on Wednesday 19th. I tried ringing them yesterday (Monday) but got a recorded message saying the same thing,but the message also recommended that I should email them if the matter was urgent. As I was already on the site, I checked my order status and it had already been shipped. I was shocked to see that even though they have a .co.uk website and their phone number is a London code, the order was shipped from Rockaway in New York. A DHL tracking number was included and when I checked it out, the shipment had been made on Sunday. When they were meant to be closed for a holiday. I emailed them about this, but have had no reply. Then I got a text message from DHL this morning to say that the delivery would be made tomorrow, the 19th. You can';t knock them for expedience.

I really can';t afford the £825 I paid and want to cancel the order for a full refund. When I made the purchase, it said that the order would be shipped in 4-5 days. But now I am going to have to return the order to the US. Will DronesForLess cover the cost of return shipping? I know that UK rules on "distance buying" covers me for changing my mind, but I';m not so sure about return shipping costs.

Any ideas?

insx

This is a summary of the UK law on returns. I';m not sure what applies if this company is not based in the UK.

"Under the new regulations the retailer must pay the postage cost of returns, unless their terms and conditions state otherwise. However, the regulations also state that the retailer must inform the customer in advance that they (the customer) must bear the cost of any return."

JonC

I am interested to see if they pay the import duty at their end, or does the customer risk getting stung.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

MichaelM

Quote from: insx on Tuesday,October 18, 2016, 12:30:21
This is a summary of the UK law on returns. I';m not sure what applies if this company is not based in the UK.

"Under the new regulations the retailer must pay the postage cost of returns, unless their terms and conditions state otherwise. However, the regulations also state that the retailer must inform the customer in advance that they (the customer) must bear the cost of any return."

Thanks for clearing that up for me insx. I would imagine I would be covered for the return postage as they are a UK operation, to all intents and purposes. I couldn';t see anywhere on their site that they are US based, or that they ship from the US, or anything else to that effect.

Quote from: JonC on Tuesday,October 18, 2016, 12:38:47
I am interested to see if they pay the import duty at their end, or does the customer risk getting stung.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

JonC, as there is no mention of the items being imported to the UK I am pretty certain that they must do all that from their end and it is included in the cost of the purchase and delivery. Which makes their prices even better as you';re looking at import duty on any of the items which aren';t electronic (there is no import duty on electronic devices) plus 20% vat on the entire package, including shipping. I wonder what the shipping manifest will state.

ched

Quote from: insx on Tuesday,October 18, 2016, 12:30:21

Does that include the retailer paying return costs if the customer changing their minds?
I try :-)

insx

Quote from: ched999uk on Tuesday,October 18, 2016, 16:40:14
Does that include the retailer paying return costs if the customer changing their minds?

I believe it does, but I';m not 100% sure. In any case, it only has to say in their terms and conditions somewhere that they don';t cover it and they don';t have to.

DronesforLess

@MichaelM
Thank You For your order.
Glad we got you your drone quickly, sad you would like to return it.
In order to set up the rma process please call for a return authorization so we can arrange the return. We will cover the freight as well via a prepaid label.
Best!

cosmorogers

Hi, sorry for bringing up an old thread.

Anyone else have any experience with dronesforless?

I';m looking at getting a 3DR Solo, some how they are about half the price of everyone else...

DronesforLess

@ cosmorogers

all 3dr is in stock brand new and will ship immediately. kindly lets us know if you have any other querys.

As per your concern we are proud to announce we are officially a google certified merchant. Only a few handpicked merchants are eligible for this status. Now google will protect your order as well should anything go wrong.

Best!
Henry

Graeme

Hi - just bought a couple of X-T20 cameras with 18-55 lenses from them and all was good. Get the impression they';re a very small company - getting through to their customer service can take persistence, but they';re pretty good with emails. They didn';t have the exact model I ordered (I wanted black, they only had silver) and when they didn';t receive stock as soon as expected he ended up giving me money off and some freebies and I took the silver versions. Shipping was from the U.S (expected Hong Kong) and arrived in two days.

Wanted to leave a message here as I came across this thread when checking them out myself. Decided to take the plunge because they';re Google verified and Google provide free insurance to purchases of up to £1000 (I made two purchases of £999 each). All went well for me.

Quote from: PropsToYou on Wednesday,July 20, 2016, 15:40:40
Has anybody bought anything substantial from them or got any experience with them?
Some of their items seem to offer considerable savings over anyone else online and I just wonder how they can offer such deals without being 2nds stock or something.

dronesforless.co.uk

hoverfly

Quote from: Graeme on Tuesday,March 14, 2017, 08:55:36
Hi - just bought a couple of X-T20 cameras with 18-55 lenses from them and all was good. Get the impression they';re a very small company - getting through to their customer service can take persistence, but they';re pretty good with emails. They didn';t have the exact model I ordered (I wanted black, they only had silver) and when they didn';t receive stock as soon as expected he ended up giving me money off and some freebies and I took the silver versions. Shipping was from the U.S (expected Hong Kong) and arrived in two days.

Wanted to leave a message here as I came across this thread when checking them out myself. Decided to take the plunge because they';re Google verified and Google provide free insurance to purchases of up to £1000 (I made two purchases of £999 each). All went well for me.

That is fast delivery, did you get a tax/vat  charge??
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Cheredanine

Quote from: hoverfly on Tuesday,March 14, 2017, 09:01:46
That is fast delivery, did you get a tax/vat  charge??
Not sure you will get a response there mate

AlanD

Had read this thread first and talked to them on the phone before placing an order. The fact that DronesForLess have also posted/replied here was encouraging and after asking a few pertinent questions with satisfactory answers, I was happy to proceed. I placed an order for a Phantom4Pro kit last week and I';ve been watching the detailed DHL tracking info, so I know it';s on its way. I';ll post again to confirm if all is OK.