Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 22:18:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FrSky LBT Firmware for EU Users

Started by quadfather, Thursday,December 31, 2015, 23:37:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Two-Six

Actually I just tried my quad, it did bind and I can control it....

BUT

I get RSI critical and then RSSI lost.....RSSI Critical......  The alarms are set at 45 low and 42 critical.  The actual RSSI level is reported as 22.

What';s up with that? :help:

Edit: After re-binding both my quad and heli, they now show a strong RSSI Link/  However when I am close to the models the RSSI link drops...Perhaps I am getting too close..(less than a foot or two).

I still need to range check them.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

quadfather

Yes, if you';re too close RSSI will drop.  It';s the same when binding, you should have at least two feet between radio and receiver.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Cheredanine

Interesting time today, over the last day or so I upgraded my taranis to open tx 2.1.7, upgraded the internal module and all my x4rsb  all seemed good, models had updated, I uploaded Amber voice pack etc
Today went to fly, first lack seems ok, then I try a roll.

Quad reacts about a second late to extreme stick movement.about 1-2 seconds after I do it, fortunately muscle memory is good, therefore about 1-2 seconds after the roll command on the stick, the quad suddenly executes an almost perfect roll
Very strange, I rebound at the field and that seemed to sort it
I also have RSSI on a switch and sent down aux8, it wasn';t appearing on the osd and switch wasn';t working, I figured I would have to rediscover the sensor but I just tried resetting the track on the switch and it works, will try resetting the channel, see if that fixes the osd bit too

Not sure I trust the upgrade,may recreate my models

Pinx

Well,
since upgrading my firmware, all my telemetry settings have gone, even though i saved my model files before hand, so now my taranis no longer tells me anything  :angry:
Have tried setting them back up, but things have changed in the menus and i cant get it to read my battery voltage. I have tried using the S port yellow wire from my XSR reciever on the S port pin on my FLVSS Frsky voltage sensor but nothing, so i then shorted pins 5 and 6 on the Naze32 Rev6, connected the yellow wire to that and then set up soft serial 1 in cleanflight and selected smart port under the telemetry section, but still nothing  :(
Is anyone else having these problems ?

andi mack

Quote from: Pinx on Wednesday,May 04, 2016, 21:29:20
Well,
since upgrading my firmware, all my telemetry settings have gone, even though i saved my model files before hand, so now my taranis no longer tells me anything  :angry:
Have tried setting them back up, but things have changed in the menus and i cant get it to read my battery voltage. I have tried using the S port yellow wire from my XSR reciever on the S port pin on my FLVSS Frsky voltage sensor but nothing, so i then shorted pins 5 and 6 on the Naze32 Rev6, connected the yellow wire to that and then set up soft serial 1 in cleanflight and selected smart port under the telemetry section, but still nothing  :(
Is anyone else having these problems ?

I don';t have a frsky voltage sensor, so can';t help with that part.

If you use soft serial on the naze, you need to add a 10k resistor between pins 5&6 before you join it to the s.port wire or it doesn';t work (at least it didn';t on mine till i added the resistor).

It also won';t send all the sensor data till it';s armed. Once it';s armed go to the telemetry screen and then discover all sensors and it should populate them.

In open tx 2.1 battery voltage is now called VFAS and it';ll probably need to be calibrated before it';s accurate.
Andi

wobblybob

Iv';e not been on for over a day . Doing a new build with salvaged bits . And decided to upgrade my Taranis Plus and flash myX4R Rx with all the latests firmware . I did flash the Rx with EU F/W when it arrived 8ish months ago using the Taranis . Long story short 9 hours later haven';t managed to flash the RX and bind successfully , and I';ve been messing downloading re flashing or hours but still haven';t managed it  .
I have put it away , I';m that confused now I honestly don';t know what version of what is installed on XJT , Tx or RX   :laugh:
Only one model on it so I think I';ll format my SD and start again with the last known good
Alien frame,Emax 2213 935 KV motors Emax 30amp ESC,AMP2.7,X8R Rx,

GrahamC

Pinx, Yes I had that issue.. Load up the model, power everything on, and then on the Taranis Press MENU, Goto the Telemetry page, and scroll down and select "Discover New Sensors", you';ll then see all the telemetry items pop up.

I previously used RSSI as an INPUT and send it back to my FC on channel 16 rather than messing with analogue or PWM filters, and after upgrading my FC just showed 0% RSSI, and vanished as an option from the TX... But after doing the discover new sensor thing it all comes back, I can see the telemetry screens, and once again shows up as INPUTs too.

Pinx

Cheers Graham,

i';ll give it a try today :)

Heres a video of my maiden flght:

https://youtu.be/RHEm7H6eTrI

Its alot quicker than my QAV250 and feels alot nimbler too... just need to work on the PID';s now..

AndyKay

Am I right in reading that if I upgrade my XJT firmware to the latest that works with new EU receivers, I will no longer be able to bind to my existing D8R-ii plus receivers?

It says on here http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/view.php?sort=Firmware&down=232&file=Firmware-XJT

QuoteThis firmware is only Surpot D16 mode, no D8 and LR12 mode;

Is there any work around for this? I have about 4 or so D8R-II plus';s, but would also like to use X4R-SB';s too on some models. Or will I now have to get rid of D8R';s?

gb0wers

Quote from: AndyKay on Friday,May 06, 2016, 12:17:38
Am I right in reading that if I upgrade my XJT firmware to the latest that works with new EU receivers, I will no longer be able to bind to my existing D8R-ii plus receivers?

It says on here http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/view.php?sort=Firmware&down=232&file=Firmware-XJT

Is there any work around for this? I have about 4 or so D8R-II plus';s, but would also like to use X4R-SB';s too on some models. Or will I now have to get rid of D8R';s?
I have installed the latest EU firmware and I can confirm the D8 option is no longer offered.

As far as I can tell, the only way to continue using the D8R II';s with a Taranis is to fit an external XJT module that is flashed with appropriate XJT firmware.

There was a version of EU XJT firmware that did support D8, or there is the option of installing non-EU - at the moment. I';m not sure anybody knows the implications to RC gear of the next (imminent) version (2014/53/EU) of the R&TTE Directive that brings software and firmware in to scope.

I too have D8R II';s and also have some V5D';s so need to get an external XJT.

Graham

quadfather

You can install the non-EU version of OpenTX and regain all protocols.

See my replies #6 and #23 in this thread.

AndyKay

Quote from: quadfather on Friday,May 06, 2016, 17:40:37
You can install the non-EU version of OpenTX and regain all protocols.

See my replies #6 and #23 in this thread.
Sorry what do you mean by ';EU version of Open TX';. I thought it was just the module and receiver that had EU and Non-Eu versions. I can';t find reference to EU Open TX on the main Open TX website or Open TX university
Do you have a link?

quadfather

It';s in the options for the companion software.   There';s an EU check box.  Make sure that it';s not ticked and download  the firmware.  That';s all.

AndyKay

OK so I am really stuck here.
I';ve upgraded the firmware (checking the EU button) via OpenTX companion.
Flashed the internal module with the EU firmware from FrSky website.

I create a new model, select Receiver Mode but it still shows D8, D16, LR12

Anyone any advice? What am I doing wrong?

I now have 3 new EU receivers I can';t bind to

kilby

The previous post says make sure it is NOT ticked

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

AndyKay

Quote from: kilby on Wednesday,May 18, 2016, 22:28:08
The previous post says make sure it is NOT ticked

Yes that was when I asked if it was possible to install the Non-EU version.
This time I was trying to install the EU version to see if I can see the D16-EU mode options.

Are there some Taranis versions out there that can';t be updated to the EU firmware? No matter what I try, what guide I follow, it just doesn';t seem to work for mine.

If there is anyone in the Yorkshire area that can do this, I wouldn';t mind bringing it to you and paying for an upgrade.

Paul01

Quote from: AndyKay on Tuesday,May 24, 2016, 12:56:38
This time I was trying to install the EU version to see if I can see the D16-EU mode options.

Are there some Taranis versions out there that can';t be updated to the EU firmware? No matter what I try, what guide I follow, it just doesn';t seem to work for mine.

If there is anyone in the Yorkshire area that can do this, I wouldn';t mind bringing it to you and paying for an upgrade.

Hi Andy,

I could possible help, where about in Yorkshire are you, I';m in Scarborough myself.
TBS Tango 2
FatShark Dominator V3 with RapidFire Module
Armattan Chameleon-BF3.5.7
TBS Source One, KL100 Micro, Mobula7 HD
DJI Mavic Pro
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01"]https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01[/url]

AndyKay

Quote from: Paul01 on Tuesday,May 24, 2016, 13:23:38
Hi Andy,

I could possible help, where about in Yorkshire are you, I';m in Scarborough myself.

Thanks for the offer. I';m in Leeds though so maybe a bit far  :(

AndyKay

I have managed to solve it. Seems there are 3 versions of the firmware.
- Non-EU
- EU
- EU-LBT

I managed to find the EU-LBT on an RCGroups post and it worked straight away - I was able to bind to my new XSR receiver.
Slightly annoyed that FrSky hasn';t got a download link to this LBT version on their website. :angry:

Here';s what helped: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2634376
Post from ';Sil';

quadfather

Did the link I posted in my opening post not work for you?

Paul01

Quote from: quadfather on Wednesday,June 01, 2016, 15:07:32

Working fine for me  ~~
TBS Tango 2
FatShark Dominator V3 with RapidFire Module
Armattan Chameleon-BF3.5.7
TBS Source One, KL100 Micro, Mobula7 HD
DJI Mavic Pro
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01"]https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01[/url]

Cheredanine

Quote from: AndyKay on Tuesday,May 24, 2016, 12:56:38

The latest Rx I bought all came with lbt, it sounds like you have the earlier eu firmware installed on the internal model on your taranis, if so you will need to upgrade to lbt (assuming you bought your Rx from somewhere like t9hobbysport or hobbyrc etc

AndyKay

Quote from: quadfather on Wednesday,June 01, 2016, 15:07:32

Nope. Tried various ones, even the older earlier versions on the FrSky website

AndyKay

Quote from: Cheredanine on Wednesday,June 01, 2016, 15:27:39
The latest Rx I bought all came with lbt, it sounds like you have the earlier eu firmware installed on the internal model on your taranis, if so you will need to upgrade to lbt (assuming you bought your Rx from somewhere like t9hobbysport or hobbyrc etc

yes I';ve had my Taranis for maybe 18+ months so well before this EU rubbish came out. Bought from HK too

Cheredanine

Quote from: AndyKay on Wednesday,June 01, 2016, 16:33:07
yes I';ve had my Taranis for maybe 18+ months so well before this EU rubbish came out. Bought from HK too
:) yeah we have all been through this Poltava.
Now running lbt firmware on everything (upgrade the taranis internal module and all Rx by dropping the firmware on to the sd card and flash from the radio)

Sweet Pickle

Makes not a bit of difference but I';m running the latest Open TX software.
Running non EU firmwares (as I have a couple of D8 recievers) , had to do the rediscover sensors bit which was no problem however, I don';t get VFAS I simply get Cells (on A2) and I had to repeat all the voltage calibrations. I also have to manually create Altitude (ALT sensor) as it doesn';t seem to scan for it on any of my receivers.
Everything is working and it';s not like it was a major ballache but odd non-the-less.

Snuden

Can someone please help out a noob by explaining (in plain english) exactly what files needs to be flashed where in order to make my Taranis speak to my new X4R-SB (EU LBT)??

I have struggled for three days now reading all kinds of text, flashing this and that but nothing works! I';m getting so frustrated that I';m seriously considering if my time is spent better on a different hobby.

I think I have managed to bind radio and receiver - I have solid green light on receiver when powered on and I get telemetry updates on Taranis. But I can';t arm the thing and I see no stick movement when plugged in to Kiss GUI.

I really hope someone can help!?!

Elmattbo

Sounds like it';s working and you just need to set up the kiss side. The only other thing I can thing of on the frsky side is to check the number of channels in the model menu. It';s next to the bind option.
Other than that are you sure you';re plugged into the sbus port? Serial/sbus enabled on the FC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

Bad Raven

Agree its not likely FrSky link, that looks OK  Not familiar with KISS but assume it has LEDS that indicate state? What are they saying?  What arming process are you using, TX switch or stick movement?  Are the AUX channels working, does change Mode alter LEDS on the FC?  Is anything working on FC, Buzzer?

Snuden

Hi Guys.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Well I';ve come to realise that the problem is neither Firmware og Kiss.. It seams like the problem is with the radio. Non of the channels 1-4 are responding to stick movement. It';s strange because I can see my "SA" button (which is my arm button) is moving both in the Kiss Gui and on the Channels monitor on the Taranis - but nothing when I move the sticks..