Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 03, 2024, 14:15:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,196
  • Latest: Skyflix
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 20
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Delta Build for Rommie

Started by Doug, Thursday,October 08, 2015, 13:20:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

This is the start of the Build Log for Rommie';s Delta printer that he has asked my to build

This is to show all parts that arrived this morning from HongKong (We got away with any Duty as well Yay)

all parts

Will start to update as the Build progresses but won';t be before next week (Away for my Son';s birthday this weekend and I';m working tonight).

Build volume will be in the order of 275 mm diameter by 350 mm high with a rapid heating bed

Doug

Rommie

Check out RCmungo - new site just getting ready to be launched for all your RC needs
Bit like ebay but for RC
rcmungo320x200.png" border="0

philtrum

interesting, what are you using as the carriage slides ?
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Doug

Quote from: philtrum on Thursday,October 08, 2015, 13:38:16
interesting, what are you using as the carriage slides ?

600 mm long mgn15 linear rails all carriages Extruder and Corners are extruded Alluminium.

That little lot in the photos came to around £240 (We didn';t get stung for custom';s I';m glad to say)

Doug

Here are the Electronics Touch Screen Controller and Heated bed components.

Silicon bed heater is a 250 mm Dia   running at 220V 400W so should heat to ABS Temps in around 4-5 mins top';s

Alluminium bed is 5mm thick ECOCAST tooling plate (Surface milled on both faces) and will be 300 mm Dia

Controller is a Duet and Touchscreen is from Dave Crocker (PanelDUE Controller combined with a 5 inch Diag touch screen TFT Display module from China).

Doug

JeremyE

philtrum

Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

PaulJC

Rommie

in other words paul start buying more stuff lol, left email too buds other stuff all done
Check out RCmungo - new site just getting ready to be launched for all your RC needs
Bit like ebay but for RC

forest

subed in: having just built a delta,(thanks to rommie for plastics)not runing yet but turning on today  )  i already want a bigger one lol 

what are the diagonal rods made of carbon? and if so is carbon better than threaded rod? if so why ?
In the hanger: Husban X4, Syma X3, 
DIY wooden H quad 450
Emax night hawk 250 low rider, 4s
Qav 250 4s
Fat bee 180 4s

Doug

Quote from: forest on Wednesday,October 14, 2015, 10:27:51
subed in: having just built a delta,(thanks to rommie for plastics)not runing yet but turning on today  )  i already want a bigger one lol 

what are the diagonal rods made of carbon? and if so is carbon better than threaded rod? if so why ?

OK in a delta the mass of the moving parts are pretty critical to the printer';s performance in terms of speed and print artifacts so using Carbon tube is lighter and generally stiffer as well both plus points and the other very critical point is that all 6 Diagonal rods need to be Exactly the same length and have as little play in the rods ends as possible hence on this build I am using 300mm long 6od 3 id Carbon tube along with alloy rod ends that have a m3 thread and 3mm hole.  The ends will be fastened into the carbon tube using an engineering epoxy (Milliput 2 part epoxy putty) and distance between the centre holes of the rods will be set using a jig with 2 M3 Screws mounted in a length of extrusion so that all the Rods will be exactly the same (This is probably the longest job in the build as each on takes about 12-24 hours to cure).

Which one have you built and good luck with Commissioning it.

Doug.

forest

i built the semi u 3dr http://semiu.co.uk/product/richraps-3dr-complete-kit-with-e3d-hot-end-lcd/ Doug and i really struggled with it but im there now well almost i turned it on yesterday  and it seemed ok, ive not made any bits move yet im at a bit of a loss where to start so im doing a bit more reading today

the carbon rods sound good ,  im defo going to bu8iold a bigger one or maybe just print the bits to make this one wider as it been done already

do i need a heater bed doug? all my reading says i do,  im just printing pla for now well i will be hopefully  if i get the thing to work

regards George 
DIY wooden H quad 450
Qav 250 4s
Fat bee 180 4s

Rommie

for printing ABS forest you will need a heated bed buddy
Bit like ebay but for RC

Doug

Quote from: Rommie on Wednesday,October 14, 2015, 12:57:41
for printing ABS forest you will need a heated bed buddy

And even for PLA it helps though not absolutely essential You will need to find a good bed prep though?
apparently painter';s masking tape works well but I';ve not tried it.

Doug

JeremyE

First off, Doug you have been slacking on the pics  ;D An exctiting thread like this needs more  ::) (not that I';m greedy).

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Wednesday,October 14, 2015, 13:04:53
And even for PLA it helps though not absolutely essential You will need to find a good bed prep though?
apparently painter';s masking tape works well but I';ve not tried it.

I have used the 3M blue painters tape. Works well with the bed cold and heated up to 50 degrees. What doesn';t work well is when the cat tries to attack a printing printer.

Doug

Quote from: JeremyE on Wednesday,October 14, 2015, 13:33:31
First off, Doug you have been slacking on the pics  ;D An exctiting thread like this needs more  ::) (not that I';m greedy).

I have used the 3M blue painters tape. Works well with the bed cold and heated up to 50 degrees. What doesn';t work well is when the cat tries to attack a printing printer.

Unfortunately Jeremy I have been busy with work / Son';s birthday trip over the weekend am hoping to get a little done tonight and foto';s will of course follow.

One of my cat';s likes to sit on the bed while it is not being used which means it needs a little extra care to make sure it is spotless lol.

Doug

Rommie

Bit like ebay but for RC

Doug

Quote from: Rommie on Wednesday,October 14, 2015, 17:14:15
super excited for it yay

Will have an update later tonight I have the upper part of the frame assembled along with the Belt Idler';s.
I hope to get the Rest of the frame including motor';s mounted this evening.

Piccies to follow soon

Doug

ps E3D Hotend on it';s way should be here in the Morning

Doug

Current progress

Top Frame corners

Top Frame Corners with Idlers installed

Completed top Frame

Single Bottom Frame Corner with Motor installed plus other Motors with 16 tooth gears  (0.9 Degree motors)

Completed bottom frame with all motors fitted and verticals installed

Completed Frame waiting for Linear Rails to be fitted (Tomorrow';s Job) along with carriages and belts.

So it is coming on there is about 1.5 - 2 hours work in it so far

Doug

Rommie

That is looking B E A Utifull  even more excited now
Bit like ebay but for RC

Doug

Quote from: Rommie on Wednesday,October 14, 2015, 20:58:19
That is looking B E A Utifull  even more excited now

Just wait till you see it with  the Display on it and working but that may be a week or two off yet.

just as a teaser

Doug

Doug

Postie just delivered the E3D Hotend

tony

great bit of kit i now own the 3mm and the 1.75mm well worth there cash

Doug

Quote from: tony on Thursday,October 15, 2015, 11:51:50
great bit of kit i now own the 3mm and the 1.75mm well worth there cash

Yeah I have several earmarked for various builds that are on going all 1.75mm mind but have a couple of V6';s a V6lite a Chimera and a kraken.

Had to ring them re this one mind as they appear to have packed a heater block for a PT100 sensor instead of the std Thermistor one.

They have already packed the replacement blocks for me and will have them in the morning.

Just need to get DC42 to add PT100 support to the Firmware now and I can upgrade to them at a later date.

Doug

forest

DIY wooden H quad 450
Qav 250 4s
Fat bee 180 4s

PaulJC

Quote from: Rommie on Tuesday,October 13, 2015, 16:32:01
in other words paul start buying more stuff lol, left email too buds other stuff all done

lol, email received ;)

Doug

Linear rails installed and on with ROD assembly.

Carriages also fitted to Linear Rails.

Photos to follow once Rods and effector fitted.

Doug

Doug

Well as promised photo are here

Rod on a Build Jig (Ensures all rods are same length between centres of IGUS DRYLIN Rod Ends)

Carriage installed on Hywin linear rail slider

Linear Rail assembly on a Vertical leg

Effector installed

Printer as it stands at the moment

Rommie

Bit like ebay but for RC

Doug

Quote from: Rommie on Saturday,October 17, 2015, 10:48:27
Looking better everyday buddy

Belts are going on later also start wiring the motor looms and need to get mine going to print of some parts for it I assume you want them in Black to match the Metal parts although the Screen mount may look better in some other colour? What do you Think? any Preference I have loads of different colours available.

Doug