Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 11:54:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 26
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What did the postman bring today?

Started by PaulJC, Wednesday,May 27, 2015, 16:08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenboy

Just arrived ,something for the weekend ! Skyline32 board and buzzer for my 130 build and thought I';d try a different antenna on my Shuriken 180 don';t like the big mushroom one that comes with it. Got this wizard one bit shorter and more protected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reman

Quote from: ched999uk on Thursday,January 05, 2017, 20:13:11
Sorry I have to ask. 10 rolls of duct tape????

Its nice to see that MacGyver';s still fit and well. LOL !!!
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Thursday,January 05, 2017, 21:08:18
Its nice to see that MacGyver';s still fit and well. LOL !!!

And he';s running a school RC club that starts 11 year olds off with 1/12th cars, which run on a special "for the purpose" carpet track with square drainpipe edging which all has to be taped together every week.  (Quads and Heli';s come later when the extra dimension is not QUITE so much of an issue)

shawdreamer

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,January 05, 2017, 21:44:39
(Quads and Heli';s come later when the extra dimension is not QUITE so much of an issue)

add 10 crash helmets, 10 first aid kits, 10 full cricket pads.

postie dropped my 2 sets of Daldrop 4x blade 5040';s through the door earlier (only ordered them yesterday afternoon!)

havnt been a fan of 4 blade props till now, always found they made my frames to twitchy which mucked up the general handling but these daldrops are evil.

most people assume increasing blades increase frame ability which isnt always the case but with these my tough250 frame go';s from ground to "where the feck did that go?" in about 3 seconds. :laugh:

550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

hoverfly

F/wings  Hornet arrived , going to cover it with 42 micron laminate, not recommended but the fpv kit going on it is  very light so weight won';t be a problem. Fitting an 1806 / 2300kv multirotor motor so it should be quite nippy. ::)

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Paul01

I got a replacement Dronlab lipo for the one I received with a dead cell

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

TBS Tango 2
FatShark Dominator V3 with RapidFire Module
Armattan Chameleon-BF3.5.7
TBS Source One, KL100 Micro, Mobula7 HD
DJI Mavic Pro
[url="https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01"]https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01[/url]

Revs

Lots of goodies landing today..

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

No import charges on the VRX order either :smiley:

Doug

Quote from: Revs on Friday,January 06, 2017, 15:06:35
Lots of goodies landing today..

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Is that an extra Taranis or an upgrade to your old Radio Paul?

Those XSR RX';s are tiny arent they mind the new XM and XM+ are even smaller I believe

Doug

Revs

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Friday,January 06, 2017, 15:09:36
Is that an extra Taranis or an upgrade to your old Radio Paul?

Those XSR RX';s are tiny arent they mind the new XM and XM+ are even smaller I believe

Doug

Currectly running an 18mo DX9 Doug. It';s always suffered from poor range (<150m) so I';m gonna send it in for looking at. But I like the extra features of the Taranis, telemetry etc, so I';ve finally taken the plunge. I';ve been reading Fletch';s recently posted thread which was both timely and helpful :smiley:

apollo7

Yay, postie brought the 20amp little bee pro i needed for my F330, now i can solder up
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Doug

Quote from: Revs on Friday,January 06, 2017, 16:11:46
Currectly running an 18mo DX9 Doug. It';s always suffered from poor range (<150m) so I';m gonna send it in for looking at. But I like the extra features of the Taranis, telemetry etc, so I';ve finally taken the plunge. I';ve been reading Fletch';s recently posted thread which was both timely and helpful :smiley:

Yeah i';ve had a Taranis for a couple of years now and seriously thinking about a Horus but will go pay Richard at T( a visit to see one in the flesh so to speak

Jaffy

Man I love the postman!
Fatshark Attitudes
New props, new pbd, motor bolts
Fx805 camera for my E010
Green spacer kit
Lipo bag, soldering iron and heatshrink.
Its gonna be a good weekend :)

Paul01

Quote from: Revs on Friday,January 06, 2017, 16:11:46
What took you so long [emoji1]

TBS Tango 2
DJI Mavic Pro

Cheredanine

The new ssd flight controller rotorgeeks sent me one to test.
I have to say, if it works with dshot then this thing is beaut. It isn';t aio, if you want a combined pdb or osd fc then you probably want to get hold of the new betaflight fc, but at about $20 this is looking very good, no silly jst-sh plugs, decent gyro chip, ad card reader for troubleshooting.  Motolabs cyclone is coming out my shrike and this is going in

Also some xsr and x4r silicone wires and dal cyclones to try out

Revs

Quote from: Dougal1957 on Friday,January 06, 2017, 16:30:19
Yeah i';ve had a Taranis for a couple of years now and seriously thinking about a Horus but will go pay Richard at T( a visit to see one in the flesh so to speak

It looks a quality item, but I just can';t get enthused. Heavy, expensive and full of features I won';t use. I really like the screen and the fact that it';s at the top of the tx. If they did a cut-down version.. 8 ch, 3 switches and a knob, same gimbals, smaller and lighter, I';d be all over it.

Quote from: Paul01 on Friday,January 06, 2017, 17:19:24
What took you so long [emoji1]

I know, right  :laugh: Was tinkering last night, I';m really impressed with everything but the feel of it.

Revs

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 11:47:19

ooh nice. What';s the SSD about? Not solid state drive I assume..

Cheredanine

No mate, think it is just the name.i believe.

Btw you guys seen the new (cheaper)7 channel taranis? (Qx7)

Revs

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 11:58:40
No mate, think it is just the name.i believe.

Interesting. At $105 it';s very well priced for the spec. Looks a bit cheapo though.

Powernumpty

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 11:58:40

Hadn';t seen that, about time too, I hate putting a Taranis in a small rucksack whereas the small FlySky i6 types are fine.
Just hope it is competitive on price because if FlySky get some more telemetry sensors going like vario, gps etc they will have cornered the value market.

I was looking at the downloads page on FrSky the other day, quite a few items I';d not heard of there.

Elmattbo

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 11:47:19
I have to say, if it works with dshot then this thing is beaut. It isn';t aio, if you want a combined pdb or osd fc then you probably want to get hold of the new betaflight fc, but at about $20 this is looking very good, no silly jst-sh plugs, decent gyro chip, ad card reader for troubleshooting.  Motolabs cyclone is coming out my shrike and this is going in

Also some xsr and x4r silicone wires and dal cyclones to try out

I took your advice and ordered the ssd too! I';ve been running dal cyclones for a few weeks and they are smooth, but I am wondering about their weight. I';ve noticed my batteries are a little saggy with them and it could be the cold or it could be a high amp draw on punchouts. Would be interested to hear your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

Cheredanine

Quote from: Elmattbo on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 12:39:25
I took your advice and ordered the ssd too! I';ve been running dal cyclones for a few weeks and they are smooth, but I am wondering about their weight. I';ve noticed my batteries are a little saggy with them and it could be the cold or it could be a high amp draw on punchouts. Would be interested to hear your opinion.

They are pretty :)

Mostly run hq5x4x3, hq5x4x3 s-tip and racekraft 5051, I used to use a lot of dal t5045 tris but I found they were a bit more power hungry but gave slightly more too end at the cost of a little agility
Will see how these go

Revs

Quote from: Cheredanine on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 12:45:45
dal t5045 tris but I found they were a bit more power hungry

Yeah me too. Good props but since upgrading to the Edge R2204 motors I';m getting a 100A draw on my 5" with those which is too much, hence getting those V1S PC props to try.

Paul01

Quote from: Revs on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 11:50:12

I know, right  [emoji23] Was tinkering last night, I';m really impressed with everything but the feel of it.

Yeah, that sums it up in a nutshell. Aurora 9 gimbals are suppose to be a good upgrade if you can find some.

TBS Tango 2
DJI Mavic Pro

shawdreamer

funny the t5045';s just came up, ebay seller emailed me last night saying they couldnt supply the colour I ordered so would I take green or prefer a refund.

I said just refund me for now as Ill re-order when they have them in again and I have spares for now anyway.

then the greens turned up this morning and the refund just after :shrug:.

550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Elmattbo

Bull nose?! That';s so 2015 of you!!

It';s funny how quickly things change in the world of mini quads. I saw a late 2015 interview with fga, Steele and charpu on flitetest the other day and all the leading edge stuff they were discussing then just seems so old hat now!

Triblades will probably go the same way in 2017!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

guest325

Not multirotor related and not what the postman delivered, but serious cash!!!
New kitchen needed  (old one 15 years old and falling apart) OMG....... £10K!!!!
After they picked me up off the floor it sunk in that we paid nearly  £6000 for the old one!!!
All spending on non essential items for the future on hold (must get my unfinished projects sorted pdq!!!).

apollo7

The 4th Emax MT2206 1500kv motor arrived today to let me finish the F330, so all parts here and just soldering and wiring up to do
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

Cheredanine

Quote from: Revs on Saturday,January 07, 2017, 13:00:13
Yeah me too. Good props but since upgrading to the Edge R2204 motors I';m getting a 100A draw on my 5" with those which is too much, hence getting those V1S PC props to try.
Test flew this afternoon when there was only fog, not rain,
Point 1 I don';t recomend this, it is disconcerting to be somewhere part way round a powerloop to discover you can not see the ground for the fog, you rapidly lose orientation and either panic or try and do it on instinct, this is not fun

So I found a couple of things, firstly I am running them on armattan oomph motors which have the torque for heavier props, I would shy away from 2204 completely and only use good 2205 at best, otherwise they are overpropped,

As expected the dal cyclones were less agile than my normal props (hq5x4x3, hq5x4x3 s-tip and racekraft 5051) and not sold that they produced any more top end although I wouldn';t say I was pushing too hard since i didn';t want to land (crash) in 6 inches of waterlogged grass. Efficiency seemed down a bit, I got the same flight time I would normally expect but as above I wasn';t flying as aggressively as I would normally

On the plus side, that lack of efficiency means it flies a lot smoother, I would think, with a good motor, these would be a very good prop for a beginner to intermediate and on the right track very good for racing. Intending to keep using on this quad but won';t be putting on others

Revs

I was out with the HQ5x4x3 V1S PC props this aft and I like them. They';re almost half the weight of the DAL';s and the response is superb. The DAL';s were giving me an overshoot which I couldn';t fully tune out. At stock bF3.0.1 PIDs it';s all but gone with the V1S. All out thrust is less but enough and the amp draw is spot on at ~70A. Also they';re crazy durable.

Also the new DAL ESCs are mint :smiley: and the R2204';s are really pokey. Cheap, light (25g) and particularly smooth, I really like them.

Jake Bullit

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."