Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,May 04, 2024, 20:46:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 46
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 17
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CGO2 cameras-what phone to use

Started by philtyone, Tuesday,February 24, 2015, 17:24:00

Previous topic - Next topic

philtyone

Having bought a Blade 350qx3 AP combo I find that you need a phone that works in Europe on 5.8MHz but having looked up most tech specs on mobiles cannot find one that fits the bill. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a Galaxy Note but these will not connect with the camera and having spent enough on the drone didn';t really want to spend more on a new phone. Any advice out there for a Noob. Thanks in advance.

Fletch

Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Note III
Samsung Note IV
Samsung Note Edge
Apple iPhone 5
Apple iPhone 5C
Apple iPhone 5S
Apple iPhone 6
Apple iPhone 6+
LG G3
LG G Vista
Motorola Droid Turbo
Motorola Moto X
HTC One M8
HTC One E8
HTC One Remix
HTC One M8
Sony Xperia Z3v

Which Nexus do you have ... the recent models have Dualband Wifi

kilby

On android WiFi Overview 360 (free version) will show channel usage in 2.4 and the 5 GHZ bands, so that should tell you if your kit is capable

What you are looking for is 802.1n capability

Btw they';re not 5.8GHz they';re below that and amongst other things can be susceptible to ATC radar systems.
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

philtyone

Thanks for your prompt reply. I gather the list of phones you listed seem to work in USA, but will they work in the UK? Otherhalf has a Samsung S4 but couldn';t get it to connect to the CGO2 app. My Samsung Nexus is just over 2 years old and won';t connect, I know ancient by todays standards! Are the Apple phones the only ones to run to the 5.8MHz? As I said before didn';t really want to run to even a second hand i5 (which I understand is dualband wifi) just to act as a controller/monitor. Anybody else having the same problems? What has been your solution if any?

philtyone

Thanks Kilby for trying to answer my query. Answer was a little too technical for me. Are you saying that if the phone specs advertised say 2.4 and 5MHz they will run the CGO2 camera on 5.8MHz which is what the Horizon Hobby videos say you need?

kilby

On their website they state 802.1n (though they so mention 5.8GHz in the app but 5GHz wifi definately isn';t 5.8 so a mistake on the part of the web monkeys is likely.

Quote:  CGO2 GB Compatible Devices
The CGO2 is compatible with any iOS or Android mobile device that has 802.11N Wi-Fi connectivity. This includes, but is not limited to, the following devices:

This is a worldwide standard (although the actual number of available channels can vary depending on country)

According to the Web page their camera should create an access point called CGO2 GB.

This should be visible from your wifi configuration within android.

If you install the app I mentioned you can choose the channel radar option and it will show the options for every access point the device is capable of communicating with
Taranis+

kilby

The image shows 8 access points in 2.4GHz and 0 in 5GHz (I don';t run 5GHz because it doesn';t carry through the walls of our house)

If you can select the 5GHz tab that means your device can work on the ';n'; channels and if you switch on the camera transmitter it should appear as an available access point.

I installed the camera app and it dowels not whine about my S4 not being capable.
Taranis+

philtyone

Hi Kilby. I appreciate your efforts with my problem. I have downloaded both the CGO2 app on both phones and the wifi overview 360 app. On the Ch. Radar section it does show me the 5GHz channels on the Samsung S4 but not on the Galaxy Nexus so I';m guessing this confirms that the S4 is dualband, It also shows no channels available on 5GHz. On the 2.4 GHz both phones fluctuate between 7 to 13 connections available. However CGO2 GB does not appear on either phone as an available access point in the wifi section in the settings menu or on the overview 360 app. When you go into the CGO2 app it goes to the control screen, but, then comes up with a message ';not a CGO2 wifi'; and then the final box just says ';network error';. Then if you leave the app open for a while it says ';camera connection has a problem....camera connection is lost. Please restart camera';. Any ideas anyone?

quadfather

There are about 20 different Galaxy Notes. But even the first generation N7000 has dual-band Wifi and so has the Galaxy Nexus.  If there';s one good thing to say about Samsung it';s the amount of features they cram into their devices.

I suspect that your devices are set up for 2.4GHz only.  If you go to advanced WiFi settings there should be an option to select 2.4GHz, 5GHz or both.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

kilby

Quote from: philtyone on Tuesday,February 24, 2015, 23:28:01
Any ideas anyone?

From their description on the UK site it';s a regular 5GHz WiFi connection for camera connectivity, but when WiFi plays up it can get irritating.

Probably the best option is to contact the guys at http://horizonhobby.co.uk/index.html and speak to their support dept who are surprisingly helpful, it';s not admitting defeat, a proportion of your purchase price is to cover support issues so take advantage of what you have already paid for ;)

There is disturbingly little info regarding the camera/gimble, well when I say little I actually mean none.
Taranis+

kilby

Just found the CG02 manual on-line.

Do you get the red LED for 40 seconds or so while the gimble powers up which then switches to Green to show WiFi is ready?

If not then I would suggest working through the installation again http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/Files/BLH8110-Manual-EN.pdf
Taranis+

philtyone

Hi Kilby, thanks again for your replies. I like have tried to dig deeper on this and have found that all three devices I have tried are 802.11n compatible and are dualband capable also. Apparently the cameras bandwith is 5745-5825MHz. When powering on the camera I do get the green light after about 30 seconds of the red light showing and the gimble responds to the transmitter input so everything seems to be working on that front. I did speak to HH UK and they said that thought the Apple I5 works and I they think the latest Sony phone also but they were not sure. They didn';t seem bothered that I couldn';t use it and didn';t offer any solution. Was I just unlucky who I spoke to? The list kindly given in an earlier reply seems to come from the American HH site and lists the phones that are capable of connecting to the app over there, I don';t if they would all work here, but I can';t get the Samsung S4 to work. Has anybody else bought this model in the UK and if so, what phone are you using.

philtyone

Just an update for anybody that may be interested. I took the Blade on holiday and fortunately one of my friends that went with us had her Apple AirPad2 with her and it worked the CGO2 camera so I was successful in getting the shots I wanted. It appears from somewhere else I read that Apple is the only phone company to ignore certain bandwidth protocols that have been agreed about certain bandwidths being used freely in Europe. So it appears my only solution is to lay out more and buy a refurbed IPhone. Thanks to those out there who tried to help me.

Anton123

Hi philtyone, you can use your samsung devices to connect to the CGO2 camera. The problem is that the wifi connection is on 5.8ghz but the EU spec samsung devices does not support 5.8ghz. It does however support 5.1ghz like here in south africa. So...the solution...you can download EU firmware for your CGO2. You just copy it to your EMPTY sd card, insert the card in the CGO2, turn the quadcopter on, wait for the purple light to stop flashing and then turn it off again. Then you have to format the sd card and re insert it into the camera and it will connect with your samsung when the green light comes on. It worked for me. I have an EU spec samsung galaxy S4. You can download the firmware at http://www.copter.eu/yuneec-q500-typhoon-special/software/index.php

Darkwing

Quote from: Anton123 on Monday,March 30, 2015, 18:59:07
Hi philtyone, you can use your samsung devices to connect to the CGO2 camera. The problem is that the wifi connection is on 5.8ghz but the EU spec samsung devices does not support 5.8ghz. It does however support 5.1ghz like here in south africa. So...the solution...you can download EU firmware for your CGO2. You just copy it to your EMPTY sd card, insert the card in the CGO2, turn the quadcopter on, wait for the purple light to stop flashing and then turn it off again. Then you have to format the sd card and re insert it into the camera and it will connect with your samsung when the green light comes on. It worked for me. I have an EU spec samsung galaxy S4. You can download the firmware at http://www.copter.eu/yuneec-q500-typhoon-special/software/index.php

Hey Anton I am having the same problem with my CSG01 do you think this could be the same solution?

fercadiarvi

Hello, first I want to apologize for my bad English.
I am from Spain and I want to explain my experience about the wifi connection between the CGO2 and our mobiles. The problem is that many android mobiles dont find the CGO wifi signal .What do you need ?
You need one mobile or tablet with wifi dual band , with 802,11 a/b/g/n/ . The most important is to have 802,11 a . I tried not expensives phones Sony Xperia E5 or LG G4c .Its work perfectly

pkings

Quote from: Anton123 on Monday,March 30, 2015, 18:59:07

Hi everyone ! Sorry but firmware EU for CGO camera is only for range distance, nothing else.
No way to modify the connection problema in the CGO camera via firmware because that would be a miracle. Such modification woudl be only via hardware.
The problema is mine too and I already told to Yunneec "no more items from you because you did not create conditions for european buyers.
The restricction og the EU about 5.8ghz band is implemented in all devices with exception Apple who don';t follow the EU rules.
I am since middle of 2014 with this problema. I have 3 smartphones and only works in a Galaxy S4 I bought from Ebay and 2 Android and 1 iPad tablets and don';t work on them.
I only regret that a bigger company with a big market share due to us buyers don';t get a free solution for the EU CGO2 wifi problema.