Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 22:46:00

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Arco Naze32 w/Cleanflight won't arm - Please help *SOLVED*

Started by Revs, Friday,February 13, 2015, 09:04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Revs

Hi guys, I';m struggling to get the FC on my Trifecta to arm. As far as I can tell I';ve gone through the settings and it looks right.

So far I';ve;
- Installed the latest firmware for the Naze32
- Plugged in the (pre-bound) Spektrum Sat, done the settings in CLI and it';s showing up in the ';Receiver'; tab as working
- Tested the motors in the ';Motors'; tab as working and calibrated the ESCs
- Adjusted the end-points to 1150 low and 1850 high, 1500 mid on the TX (DX8)
- Set the modes in the ';Modes'; tab. Acro, Horizon and Horizon/AutoTune on the 3pos AUX2 switch
- Tried using the AUX1 to arm by setting up the ';Arm'; mode in the ';Modes'; tab

When I switch between modes, the active mode lights up green on the left in the ';Modes'; tab as it should. When I switch to the ';Arm'; pos with AUX1 I don';t get the green box on the left.

When the ';Arm'; option in the ';Modes'; tab is not used and the board should arm with right yaw, that does nothing also.

Can anyone suggest what I might have missed? This is my first go with both the Naze32 and Cleanflight.

Cheers :smiley:

atomiclama

As it';s your first time have you

Calibrated the ACC
keep the quad level when you try and arm
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Revs

Ah yes I forgot to mention that. Yes I';ve done the cali on level ground. I noticed that when it';s tilted one of the LEDs lights up, but that goes out when level.

Cheers

Revs

In CLI I also did the ';set serial_port_2_scenario = 5'; command as suggested for Spektrum Satellites. As it';s working I assume that';s correct...?

Revs

I';ve also read something that suggested I use ';set serial_port_2_scenario = 3'; for Spektrum Serial RX. Not really sure what the scenarios are...

atomiclama

what';s the minimum value of the throttle from the rx tab. That needs to go below the
min_check value, not sure of defaults, otherwise it is not seen as a stick command.

CLI stuff from me sorry.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Revs

It';s at the default setting which IIRC is 1150/1850/1000. I set the end-points to 1149/1850 on all channels.

Revs

Reading further on the port has lead me to believe I may have the ports set wrong. These are the available scenarios..

0   UNUSED
1   MSP, CLI, TELEMETRY, SMARTPORT TELEMETRY, GPS-PASSTHROUGH
2   GPS ONLY
3   RX SERIAL ONLY
4   TELEMETRY ONLY
5   MSP, CLI, GPS-PASSTHROUGH
6   CLI ONLY
7   GPS-PASSTHROUGH ONLY
8   MSP ONLY
9   SMARTPORT TELEMETRY ONLY
10  BLACKBOX ONLY
11  MSP, CLI, BLACKBOX, GPS-PASSTHROUGH

My SpekSat signal wire is connected the pin-4 on the board, but I';m not sure which serial port that is in Cleanflight... port 2..?

atomiclama

Soz can';t help you there. I';m on PWM in from the RX.

But you said it was getting values from the RX, well the AUX anyway :shrug:

One thing the min value 1149 from the TX seems a bit close the 1150

mine bounce all over the place +/- 5us so I have

set min_check = 1040

and get ~1000 from the TX.

That gave me reliable arming.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Revs

Yeah I';m getting 6ch';s all working fine. I';ll try increasing the end-point, cheers :smiley: though the readings are steady, no bounce.

flybywire

Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Revs

I think that might well be it buddy, cheers. I';ll have another go on my lunch break.

Say what you want about setting up APM, at least there';s a comprehensive manual in one place. I can find no such thing on Cleanflight :( just 100 page long threads with scattered info.

kilby

Arming issues usually come from

Not increasing the endpoints for throttle & rudder I have mine @ +125% => -125% but some people have gotten away with a smaller increase.

the sticks not being centred (zero in via the transmitters subtrim functions NOT the regular trim switches)

If values jump around you can add a deadband value so the Naze ignores the small value changes (shouldn';t need a value larger than 3)

There is also what timecop charming called moron_threshold which can prevent arming if the machine is moved while the gyros are calibrating after power up (happened to me when I powered the 250 up while it was sitting on the car boot)
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Revs

Limits set to 1095-1905 all round and it arms fine :D Just had a little fly!

Thanks for the help, guys. Much appreciated. I';ll get some vids up this weekend all being well :smiley: