Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 23:27:00

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CC3D won't connect

Started by James.D, Saturday,January 31, 2015, 19:39:39

Previous topic - Next topic

James.D

Hoping someone will have some idea what to do or try.
I have a CC3D fc for some reason I can';t get it to connect with openpilot to set it up.
When I plug it into usb Port power led lights up and the status led flashes but when I run setup it won';t connect.

Any ideas?

knobbler

Have you tried plugging fc into your PC without launching gcs ? See if the drivers install properly ? Then launch gcs

Dino

I had this problem with mine, a different USB cable sorted out for me.  Worth a try.

Friskle

Quote from: James.D on Saturday,January 31, 2015, 19:39:39
I have a CC3D fc for some reason I can';t get it to connect with openpilot to set it up.
When I plug it into usb Port power led lights up and the status led flashes but when I run setup it won';t connect.

Any ideas?

Same as me, mine was not the cable though, i hadnt installed the Drivers :)

but it can also be a dodgy cable.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

James.D

Quote from: Friskle on Saturday,January 31, 2015, 20:09:32
Same as me, mine was not the cable though, i hadnt installed the Drivers :)

but it can also be a dodgy cable.
Lol it may be I haven';t installed drivers  :shrug:
Don';t suppose you have a link for the driver

Cheers James

Jake Bullit

Try uninstalling the gcs software then reinstalling, the cdc drivers should install unless you deselect the option to install.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

James.D

Quote from: Jake Bullit on Saturday,January 31, 2015, 20:40:08
Try uninstalling the gcs software then reinstalling, the cdc drivers should install unless you deselect the option to install.
uninstalled gcs and reinstalleed gcs again including the driver, still not connecting so must be the cable I guess.

flybywire

Yeah, it';s probably a driver issue, is it 7?  Mine refuses to work with Win 7, but luckily i have a Mac, and that does work!
Sorry, probably no help to you James.  Have you looked in device manager, see if it shows up at all?
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

bazzerh

Mine used to work with Windows, and now they don';t. Have 3 boards and all the same. Different versions of Windows on different machines doesn';t solve it either. Installed ubuntu on a cheap old netbook and they';re all as happy as Larry talking to that. Gave up trying to figure it out now. Not good though is it?
Round By Round Qualifying and Finals For All.

it just makes sense

James.D

Quote from: flybywire on Saturday,January 31, 2015, 23:41:25
Yeah, it';s probably a driver issue, is it 7?  Mine refuses to work with Win 7, but luckily i have a Mac, and that does work!
Sorry, probably no help to you James.  Have you looked in device manager, see if it shows up at all?
Yeah My pc is running windows 7  :banghead:
nothing shows up in device manager either.

James.D

Quote from: bazzerh on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 00:28:49
Mine used to work with Windows, and now they don';t. Have 3 boards and all the same. Different versions of Windows on different machines doesn';t solve it either. Installed ubuntu on a cheap old netbook and they';re all as happy as Larry talking to that. Gave up trying to figure it out now. Not good though is it?
Think I';ll just scrap it and buy a new FC, If you were a  beginner like me what fc would you buy?

bazzerh

Quote from: James.D on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 00:39:26

Think I';ll just scrap it and buy a new FC, If you were a  beginner like me what fc would you buy?

Probably a naze acro. Seems where the smart money is. Good price  nowadays too.

I will try again with a board that I thought was bricked cos I got it to speak to ubuntu the other day. Will read through the openpilot wiki again and reinstall the boot loader and see  where I can go from there. Have u tried the rescue approach in the firmware menu within gcs? Does erase all settings unfortunately

it just makes sense

Friskle

if im honest, though i got my CC3D working ok, i could never stop some oscillations on it, no matter what alterations i did, was starting to think it was either an ESC or motor problem, then decided to say sod it, and ordered an Acro Naze from Phil, benn swapping out the CC3D for that tonight,  left it all at default settings and it literally came straight up, no oscillations as i could see, so very pleased, will get another, then replace the other KK2 with it.

as far as first tests go, the Naze was far more successful, i also found Baseflight, easier to use than the Openpilot GCS, but then a have always been used to DJI`s plug n play.

so long as you can get it sorted to connect though, you may find it ok, but i have now given up with the CC3D, either sell on or Bin it...it flew fine, but the oscillations were just to damn annoying lol
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

James.D

Quote from: bazzerh on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 01:05:09
Probably a naze acro. Seems where the smart money is. Good price  nowadays too.

I will try again with a board that I thought was bricked cos I got it to speak to ubuntu the other day. Will read through the openpilot wiki again and reinstall the boot loader and see  where I can go from there. Have u tried the rescue approach in the firmware menu within gcs? Does erase all settings unfortunately

Yep tried using rescue in gcs, it just times out and won';t connect.
I';ll try the boot loader but not holding out much hope for it.

James.D

Quote from: Friskle on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 01:07:17
if im honest, though i got my CC3D working ok, i could never stop some oscillations on it, no matter what alterations i did, was starting to think it was either an ESC or motor problem, then decided to say sod it, and ordered an Acro Naze from Phil, benn swapping out the CC3D for that tonight,  left it all at default settings and it literally came straight up, no oscillations as i could see, so very pleased, will get another, then replace the other KK2 with it.

as far as first tests go, the Naze was far more successful, i also found Baseflight, easier to use than the Openpilot GCS, but then a have always been used to DJI`s plug n play.

so long as you can get it sorted to connect though, you may find it ok, but i have now given up with the CC3D, either sell on or Bin it...it flew fine, but the oscillations were just to damn annoying lol

I heard a few reports of the oscillations you had with the cc3d. Think I';ll just throw it and start over with a naze.
Thanks for all the replies 

James.D

I gave in and ordered a nice new naze32 from phil.

quadfather

Quote from: James.D on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 02:36:48
I gave in and ordered a nice new naze32 from phil.

This is the point when you realise you used a charge-only USB cable.  :nananana:

Before you toss the CC3D send it to me.  I';ll pay the postage.  ;)
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

Dino

Quote from: quadfather on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 04:19:21
This is the point when you realise you used a charge-only USB cable.  :nananana:
That';s what I did :banghead: wasted a fair bit of time trying to work that one out!

James.D

Quote from: quadfather on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 04:19:21

Before you toss the CC3D send it to me.  I';ll pay the postage.  ;)

I found another cable this morning, Thought I might as well give it one last go before i gave up.
I uninstalled GCS, plugged in the CC3D straight away a driver install on the pc so I knew something was different from the last few attempts.
Then I installed GCS again and once again it connected straight away, I ran the setup wizard all worked correctly. After I saved the settings  and disconnected from GCS motor 4 won';t spin as it should it just jerks about. I tried running setup wizard again but just got same result. Wiring all seems ok has anyone got any ideas what the problem is?

Cheers James

Friskle

i never had that problem, some problems i had, it stopped saving settings odd times, the Arming setting would never work, and after 15 attempts of doing the exact same thing over and over it finally "worked".

speaking for myself, also to many settings to deal with lol.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
ZMR 250

James.D

Quote from: Friskle on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 14:28:52
i never had that problem, some problems i had, it stopped saving settings odd times, the Arming setting would never work, and after 15 attempts of doing the exact same thing over and over it finally "worked".

speaking for myself, also to many settings to deal with lol.

I';ll take the CC3D out and fit the naze when that turns up. Will have a play around with the CC3D on my next build maybe see if I can get it working properly.

Thanks everyone for your help  ~~

quadfather

One thing of note is that when you save settings to the CC3D give the board some time to reboot.  Unlike the Naze, which tells you that it has applied the settings and rebooted, the CC3D doesn';t give you that indication.  So if you click save and then yank the cable you might well find that your settings haven';t been applied when you plug it back in.
-rw-rw-rw-  –  The Number of the Beast

hoverfly

Quote from: James.D on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 13:02:57
  motor 4 won';t spin as it should it just jerks about. I tried running setup wizard again but just got same result. Wiring all seems ok has anyone got any ideas what the problem is?

Cheers James
If a motor starts twitching it usually means it  has lost a phase, this can be a dry joint or one of the windings bust,. Best way to test it is plug the esc directly into a receiver  without the board and try to run it, It might help to reset the min/ max throttle settings for the  esc first.
Hope this helps.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

James.D

Quote from: hoverfly on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 18:51:27
If a motor starts twitching it usually means it  has lost a phase, this can be a dry joint or one of the windings bust,. Best way to test it is plug the esc directly into a receiver  without the board and try to run it, It might help to reset the min/ max throttle settings for the  esc first.
Hope this helps.

Sounds logical, I';ll definitely give that a try.
Could be my dodgy soldering  :slap:

Thanks for the tip  ~~

bazzerh

As for the motor be careful trying to spin it  up. If it';s ruined it could ruin an esc too.

Glad you got your cc3d working with windows. Think I';ll have to try again. Know my cable is fine but ill try your plugging in with no gcs running trick.

I don';t suffer with any oscillations on mine. I did spend a day tuning it for my quad tho. Quite a lot of info on the wiki how to do it. Today I maidened a hj-y3 tricopter with cc3d onboard. Bit of rough tuning for the yaw servo and it';s flying very nicely.

it just makes sense

James.D

Quote from: bazzerh on Sunday,February 01, 2015, 21:44:54
As for the motor be careful trying to spin it  up. If it';s ruined it could ruin an esc too.

Glad you got your cc3d working with windows. Think I';ll have to try again. Know my cable is fine but ill try your plugging in with no gcs running trick.

I don';t suffer with any oscillations on mine. I did spend a day tuning it for my quad tho. Quite a lot of info on the wiki how to do it. Today I maidened a hj-y3 tricopter with cc3d onboard. Bit of rough tuning for the yaw servo and it';s flying very nicely.

I was really happy to get the CC3D talking to GCS, setup was a breeze and I had a couple of batteries charged ready to maiden it. Set it down in the conservatory for a test flight and motor 4 just twitched on throttling up ahhhhh :frantic:

Bit of a slap in the face after getting it to finally connected to GCS.   

Are you 100% your cable is ok, I thought mine was but it turns out it was just a charging cable.

Think my next build will be a tri they sound great fun to fly.

Airwave45

Have been having a bstrd of a time with FC';s too.
Started with a Naze, Pretty sure 2 output channels were goosed on that FC,
Tried a CC3D, 100% sure output channel 4 was goosed on that board.
Tried another CC3D, all output channels fine on that, kept disconnecting from windows,
Tried another cable, same issue.
tried another cable (longer, but a logitec cable, good quality)
Perfect.

So, 2 dodgy FC';s, 2 dodgy cables . . . lots and lots of frustration working through that (and buried in there a dodgy esc too, but that is a different tale of woe)

The stuff I got from Phil has been spot on, the cheap stuff I got from other places, has aged me 10 years in a month.

Moral of the story, use expensive cables, buy stuff from Phil (or a.n.Other reputable dealer )

other moral, 50% of the 4 FC';s I';ve tried have been goosed . . . .

duyng_ha_i

Quote from: James.D on Saturday,January 31, 2015, 19:39:39

Any ideas?

DOWNLOAD (Previous) RELEASE – 15.02.02 – (2nd Hotfix update for v15.02 – 05/19/2015) – Revo, CC3D, Atom, CC and v9 GPS : https://www.openpilot.org/download/

OPEN GSC SOFTWARE:

Connect CC3D
Tab Firmware > Rescue > download firmware (Download the appropriate bootloader (ie CC3D - BL4 or Revo - BL5) and save it to your hard drive where you can find it again)
    Using the Firmware workspace in GCS, and with the board disconnected from USB, click Rescue and follow the onscreen instruction to connect the board
    After the board is detected, click Open and select the BootloaderUpdater (BU) file from where you saved it on your hard drive
    Click Flash to flash it to your board
    After the flashing is complete, press Boot and wait until the blue LED is on, then flashes, and finally goes off (normally ±15 seconds).
    Wait 10 seconds more.
    Disconnect the board from USB.
    Click Rescue, connect the board, click Erase Settings and wait for the erasure to complete.
    Disconnect the board from USB.
    Click Upgrade and follow the onscreen instruction to connect the board to automatically install firmware.

*****I made successfully with 3 cc3d board******
Goodluck.

crash pilot

I have had same thing blue led flashes nothing happens i found someone who did a video on how to fix that very simple it was it was on youtube type in the problem and it should come up i will see if i can find it

crash pilot

just found it here you go try this

https://youtu.be/34ec0ciHu4M link to problem with cc3d