User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • DarkButterfly: ::)
    April 22, 2018, 15:02:21
  • DarkButterfly: Met up with my mate, flew 4 packs on 2 on the wing and 2 on the thug quad
    April 22, 2018, 15:02:13
  • Bad Raven: Good News, Kent, didn't.
    April 22, 2018, 12:56:10
  • hoverfly: Bad news Corfu  just sank. ::)
    April 22, 2018, 09:19:28
  • Hozza: All checked in including 15 lipos :)
    April 22, 2018, 05:16:36
  • Wyntrblue: 8 packs through the hornet today. Only my cam connection failing stopped play. Need a new cam and wiring harness. Roll on payday!
    April 21, 2018, 20:48:20
  • Bad Raven: and proud of it.......  :evil
    April 21, 2018, 20:24:09
  • hoverfly: Squirrelist  :nananana:
    April 21, 2018, 18:55:58
  • Bad Raven: Hyperdog catapult, very good for squirrels (greys of course)
    April 21, 2018, 15:09:33
  • hoverfly: Well summer was nice while it lasted.... clouded over and the evil darkness has returned.  feels like a thunder storm is pending.... :shrug:
    April 21, 2018, 15:07:32
  • hoverfly: Superb bit of kit,that will keep the cats off my veg patch.  ~~
    April 21, 2018, 08:34:52
  • Bad Raven: [link]
    April 21, 2018, 05:54:26
  • Bad Raven: For recovery, I keep tucked away in the car a pair of overalls, a tennis ball with long string, and a dog ball catapult (from hyperdog)
    April 21, 2018, 05:52:53
  • Andy7: Hmph.... didnt have enough points to qualify. Thunderstorms tomorrow too.
    April 20, 2018, 22:29:44
  • ched999uk: Now all you have to do Andy7 is lay the slabs for even more brownie points.
    April 20, 2018, 21:03:53
  • hoverfly: Well O.T.T . .. Andy  you should have made her make do with a bag of chips. ::)
    April 20, 2018, 17:08:39
  • Andy7: Earned an early evening fly - points gained by collecting two carfuls of paving slabs for the Missus ;)
    April 20, 2018, 16:56:28
  • LuMan: <ouch> I feel your pain HF. I retrieved a quad last Summer from a blackberry bush. Only noticed how damaged I was when I got in the bath that night. Never realised that blackberry thorns could get 'THERE'.. :O
    April 20, 2018, 16:17:31
  • hoverfly: Just found out you can walk through knee high nettles in shorts  to retrieve a treed quad , the pain only developes when you sit down to inspect the damage... :cry :cry
    April 20, 2018, 16:04:03
  • mo_miah: i need to change jobs and work nights, missing out on all this lovely weather stuck at work playing freerider on my phone
    April 20, 2018, 14:41:41

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 62
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: vector build issues.  (Read 4237 times)

Offline jayjay

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 27
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
vector build issues.
« on: January 15, 2015, 18:44:27 »
Hi,
Ok I';m going through this build and for my first build it';s proving rather painful.

I';ve got an issue whereby I can';t scroll through the menu on the osd using the elevator. I can select the first option using the mode switch but can';t get beyond that. I can';t scroll to elsewhere on the menu.

I can arm it but the motors aren';t spinning up.

I';ve correctly selected my frame. Calibrated.
I can get gps lock.
My switches are configured correctly I assume. At least I went through the set up wizard easy enough. And the channels have been inputted.
I';m using a frsky taranis
Many thanks.

Offline dp106

• Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 307
Re: vector build issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 19:06:01 »
Hi,
Ok I';m going through this build and for my first build it';s proving rather painful.

I';ve got an issue whereby I can';t scroll through the menu on the osd using the elevator. I can select the first option using the mode switch but can';t get beyond that. I can';t scroll to elsewhere on the menu.

I can arm it but the motors aren';t spinning up.

I';ve correctly selected my frame. Calibrated.
I can get gps lock.
My switches are configured correctly I assume. At least I went through the set up wizard easy enough. And the channels have been inputted.
I';m using a frsky taranis
Many thanks.
Make sure you have run the rc configuration wizard as the final step.  If you made any changes on your radio you should re-run the wizard.

I think you need to make sure your aileron, elevator, throttle and rudder controls are on the first four channels so if you don';t have them that might be the issue.  Why not hook it up to the computer and do it through the software.  You can check it is seeing the correct inputs from your transmitter as well.

Offline tectic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 19:42:26 »
Yes connect it up to the computer and re-do the setup
650-Hexa-copter, 450-Quad-copter,Xugong 10 Quad-copter

Offline jayjay

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 20:04:31 »
Hi,
Yeah I';ve gone through the wizard, I';ve gone through it several times but I';ll do it again and make sure I don';t change anything. The first four channels are preconfigured, throttle etc on the taranis.
I guess they don';t have to match with esc setup through the vector. (I.e throttle on my frsky might be channel 3.
 and esc throttle through the vector might be motor number 1 for arguments sake?

Offline tectic

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 20:10:47 »
I may be able to send you the model file for my taranis/vector set up if you want to try it

Offline jayjay

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 23:56:17 »
I may be able to send you the model file for my taranis/vector set up if you want to try it

Oh yes please. I';m really battling here. I ran it through the wizard again but no dice. It all appears fine. Just won';t spin up, and can';t shift that bloody cursor. It';s almost like it';s not seeing the elevation stick.

Offline jayjay

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 14:15:49 »
Hi, I think I';ve solved this issue. It appears I had the signal wires and grounds around the wrong way going into the vector.
I corrected them, plugged it in. And got the motors spinning in idle. Then I got a puff of smoke from one of the motors followed by the esc catching fire.
Changed that over for new ones. Plugged it into the computer and reinputted everything.

But now I';ve a wandering throttle. I touch the throttle and it increases rpm as you expect, but without further input the rpm continues to increase, all the way to max? Closing the throttle is all that it recognises and it goes back to idle?

Offline Ynot6

• 4 motors are not enough!
  • Liked: 61
  • well it seems to fly.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 17:24:25 »
that maybe because the FC sees itself standing still, so applies more speed to go up. my nazas do it to an extent.
440 Y6 with vector, F330 quad with naza, hammer 240 with flip32, and watch this space.

Offline tectic

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 18:16:48 »
Im away for the weekend and will send you the model file on Monday

Offline jayjay

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 20:25:02 »
Ok many thanks.
I';ve opened a ticket with eagletree and there been very quick to get back to me each time. What they';re saying about this wandering throttle is that they believe it';s acting normally. It';s kinda unnerving and I';m not convinced.
The motors will be at max power and no input from the throttle will change anything until the throttle is closed completely at which point it dies to an idle. I can';t see me flying this but they';ve suggested I see what it';s like in the air, so that';s what I';m gonna try and do tomorrow morning. Many thanks and I';ll keep you updated.

Offline jayjay

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 16:24:37 »
Well she flies, she flies pretty damn well. The gps hold I think isn';t too grand but it was very very early testing and only had the one opportunity to try it.

But anyway, everything is working as it should except being able to scroll through the menus on the osd. 

One more thing, on my d4r2, I';ve only got the brown yellow and red wires plugged into the vector. The designated plug socket with the green and black wires that I used in my mini aren';t being used in this at all.
 To power it I';ve hooked up to that 5 volt clear plug that sits next to the two red 12 volts sockets that power the vtx etc.

That sound ok?

Offline s2art101

• Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 18:56:45 »
Hi I am still having problems with setting up the vector.
On the OSD on start up I am getting 3 faults:
Rth engaged Rx: failsafe detected
Outputs off return to wizard

Needs new gps mode/submode

I have ran the wizard countless times set up an devention 7 standard set up and a futaba 8fg controler on sbus. Set the channels and switches I need. Wired and rewired the quadcopter twice Read the manuals countless times. I have went through the on screen menu with both controlers. I must be doing something wrong of missing something out on the set up.

I think it has something to do with the throttle failsafe but I an not 100% sure.
I have had nothing but problems trying to set this quadcopter up.
Has anyone set up this flight controler before and can help me?
Any suggestions on what I an doing wrong?

Thanks Stuart

Marty McFly

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 19:31:32 »
This may help.go to saftey set up at the top of the page presuming your using a switch for RTL select mode switch,Marty and the borrowed doggie, :scotland: