Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,April 29, 2024, 02:50:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,196
  • Latest: Skyflix
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 19
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naze32 Acro + 300 Folding + Frsky + OSD + Bluetooth + Ultrasonic - Build

Started by Jumpy07, Wednesday,December 03, 2014, 12:37:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumpy07

New to Naze.. so apologies for noob questions.. been googling.. but havent really found the answers..

I intend to use some old Frsky rx';s and 9x to use with new mini Quad.. so would be good to use the FrSky Telemetry..  seems pretty straightforward..

Have ordered a standard MinimoSD which I will flash with KV OSD, having look at various threads.. I believe the Naze will transmit flight pack voltage data to the MinimOSD..   so no need for voltage dividers etc.. ?

Rssi is a bit trickier.. as FrSky doesent output analogue RSSI.. so a small filter is required (did this before for APM so ok with this)

Simplified diagram below.. does this look ok ?

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

kilby

Afraid that I can';t help with the RSSI side (I unfortunately went for Spektrum kit when I bought a TX)

The battery side worked for my OSD with no tweaking whatsoever, though I did suffer from not being able to connect to the Naze via USB while the OSD was plugged in, but until I get goggles I won';t be reconnecting the OSD so I put that irritation away until later
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

barneyg

I know this has been posted before several times but I can';t find them now :

[attach=1]

This would seem to suggest a 10k and a 1k resistor and a 47uF cap

Jumpy07

Yeah saw that barney. but looks way too complicated than it needs to be.

I just want to monitor Rssi and main pack voltage....

Wasn';t sure if Naze communicated main pack voltage to OSD.. but appears it does.. so sorted ..  save me making up a resistor network for OSD.

Jumpy07

Managed to flash KV OSD to a MinimOSD board I had..     had a couple of issues.. but this was due to having old firmware on the board..  used the sketch to wipe eeprom... sorted..

The OSD app connects fine.. and have configured it..  no GPS so turned all that off.. and using main pack voltage from Naze32...

OSD is only going to be used for Rssi, Flight Mode, and Main Lipo pack voltage.. so super simple..

Next step is to sort out Bluetooth module and Ultrasonic.. have these left over from my APM days.

More to follow...

barneyg

quick question about the kvosd ... when I flashed that onto my board and connected the config tool I could see no way of configuring the screen ... do you need to have a video signal going through it before you can get to that bit ?

Jumpy07

Quote from: barneyg on Friday,December 05, 2014, 14:19:58
quick question about the kvosd ... when I flashed that onto my board and connected the config tool I could see no way of configuring the screen ... do you need to have a video signal going through it before you can get to that bit ?

Not done it yet.. but you need to use your TX sticks and cycle through the on screen settings..

ericb

Will you be launching this from some of your other stuff Craig ?

Eric
Alien homemade , 330 homemade wonderful little thing oh and the 250 mini that is wonderful

Jumpy07

Quote from: ericb on Friday,December 05, 2014, 16:43:35
Will you be launching this from some of your other stuff Craig ?

Eric

This is just to get me back to FPV Eric..  spending too much time doing AP these days with BIG hex';s..   looking forward to having a bit of fun and not worrying about the amount of money I have in the air   :laugh:

Jumpy07

Above is the frame that';s on it way from Phil http://makeitbuildit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=30&product_id=224

Phil is supplying it pretty much built with motors, esc';s and Naze Acro.... so just have to add my FPV gear, WDR camera, the OSD with KV firmware.. and my FrSky Rx...   Mobius also on its way... still have some work to do.. so aint got it all easy  :laugh:

This is hopefully what is should look like when done..

Will run it with some 2200 3S lipos I already have...

ericb

that';s about what I';m using bar osd, great fun and yes great price, have fun

Eric

Alien homemade , 330 homemade wonderful little thing oh and the 250 mini that is wonderful

Panther

I use the D4R-II Rx and no probs with RSSI or GPS but I haven';t got Cel or Cels to work yet but I haven';t spent time on that. Just finished my quad with final flight tests yesterday.

Jumpy07

Quote from: barneyg on Friday,December 05, 2014, 14:19:58

This video is an excellent guide to configuring OSD using sticks.. 1min:15sec

How to Setup KV OSD MinimOSD Naze32

Jumpy07

Mini arrived from Phil today.. (Thanks Phil)

Bound the RX - D8R-XP in PPM mode.. calibrated and was flying in about 10mins..

Back to workshop.. have wired up FrSky telemetry .. and configured on TX.. all working.. alarms for voltage and RSSi.

Mounted Ultrasonic on front of frame in 3D printed mount.. looks like  a bumper on front lol

Mounted Mobius on top..

As I am using PPM will need to wire in some 1k resistors inline with Sensor as pins I need to use on Naze32 are not 5v..

WDR camera mounted.. as well as mini VTX.... just got to get OSD wired u and will be good to go..

I had good intentions of mounting everything in 3D printed cases.. but decided against that to keep weight down..
More to follow..

Jumpy07

AUW weight..  with 2200mah Lipo  is 762g... not sure if this is good or bad ?

teslahed

It';s a bit on the heavy side for 5 inch props. I recommend checking motor specs and then going up to 6 inch props if possible.

Coming from flying larger quads you';ll probably prefer the feel of 6 inch props in flight as well.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.