Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 12:01:02

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Mark 4 Teslaquad mini H

Started by teslahed, Wednesday,October 22, 2014, 00:16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

teslahed

I may get myself one of these cut from carbon over the next few weeks or so to test. It';s basically the same as my mark 3 mini H only rebuilt smaller to take advantage of new smaller ESC so i';ve shaved a bit off the mainplates accordingly. It';s designed for the same sunnysky / cobra / airbot titan 250 quad motors as i';ve always been using. I recommend anything chunky with a good M3 16/19mm mounting pattern;

http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/airbot-t2204-motor-2300kv.html Micro Titan Airbot 2204

With the new ESCs i';ve got so much room left in the old one it felt rattly and empty inside so i thought rather than a total redesign i';d just take 5% of all the sides and reshuffle a few holes take out some unnecessary space and materials. It will save on expensive carbon fibre as well if i don';t use more than i need.

Any suggestions i';m all ears as i';ve only just got started on this stage. So far i';m just looking at losing a bit of weight and shortening the plates down whilst i get them cut from carbon but anyone has any positive suggestions to make i';m all ears.

It';s a 240 sized circle if anyone is wondering.

Specs in the Above pic;
KISS 18amp ESCs Oneshot enabled
Micro Titan 2204 Motor 2300KV Light Version
5040 HQ props
Naze32 acro
Cleanflight with Oneshot
Current Sensing PDB
MinimOSD with MWOSD firmware
LC Filter
200mw 5.8ghz video with sony 600TVL cam
OpenLRSng 459mzh control
1600mAh 4 cell Turnigy Nano-Tech LiPo
Total Flying Weight 525 grams (plus HD cam)
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Gav

Oh wow mk4 hehe . Thought you said it was the end of an era with the final mk3.? 
Never say never  eh
Don';t forget the hole for a vertically mounted sma connector for the vtx antenna :-)
Looks good.

JAB1a

This looks great Teslahed, the Mk.4 its been fun watching the changes over the last year and this one now looks excellent, the size change has got to of saved some excellent weight. I look forward to seeing your maiden flight  ~~

teslahed

Tempted to ditch the longer arms and go with a mid length arm to allow 6 inch props to ';just'; fit on the mainplates without increasing the size so much. At the moment adding the longer arms ruins the looks a bit. It';s just 4 blue M3 bolt holes on the main deck that the prop tips would try to cut at the moment if you flew the thing with 6 inch props and shorter arms. I';ve heard such good reports of everyone else flying on 6 inch props i don';t want to design a mini H quad that can';t fit them on.

Then the choice would be short or medium length arms with 6 inch props and minimal clearance for the people that really want both max stunt performance and max power to weight ratio on the medium length arms and then smallest possible with lightest weight on the short arms.

Don';t worry Gav; i will design the top deck to fit both your 5.8ghz antennas as well as FrSky bunny ears from the outset.

My thinking is top deck for LiPo with antennas at the back for max CoG adjustment options and clearance for the RF with better aerodynamic results (drag at the back flies better in a fast dive) with an HD camera at the front, same anti-jello system as before.

Underneath of top deck for FrSky receiver and FPV camera.

The middle deck for all the circuitry, OSD, Naze32, RF filter.

The bottom decks for all the power wiring, ESCs, power meter, etc.

Hopefully there will be space for everything short of a brushless gimbal but i am thinking of trying to do something clever with a servo at the front and a tilting camera system. 

kilby

I can';t see the image as most image sites are blocked in work :(

One thing I would suggest is perhaps the ability to give the FPV board camera a little more protection as mine sits a little proud of the front of the Mk3 (and with my attraction to rugby posts)

I could probably change the camera mount but the current one allows me to tilt the camera (can point you towards the mounting details if you want)

Something like the board cam mount on the Hobbyking ripped off hex would be even better
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

teslahed

[smg id=501]

Here you go Rob :smiley:

Yeah i think i';ll set the FPV camera back slightly from before. It will get more protection and i should have a few mm';s to play with before i see prop tips on 2.8mm lenses.

I';m building the front end just to take these cameras with plastic cases from the outset as they work so well and are so cheap;

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/RunCam-600TVL-Plastic-Housing-FPV-Camera.html

So the tilt will already be provided.

I imagine a GoPro will fit on the thing but it';s designed for a mobius or just an FPV camera for best results.

kilby

Can see it a bit better now   :o

You may also want to include alternate spacers between the bottom frames as the caps on the EMax ESC';s are a stupidly tight fit.

I extended the gap to 10mm on mine.
Taranis+

Hands0n

Great design work going on the Mk.4 ~~

Any thoughts on having the arms foldable [by some means] for transport? Could even help with shaving a few grams of weight off. 
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

teslahed

Quote from: Gav on Wednesday,October 22, 2014, 04:41:29 Don';t forget the hole for a vertically mounted sma connector for the vtx antenna :-)Looks good.

What size should the hole be?

teslahed

Mark 4 vs Mark 3. There aren';t any real differences. I';ve brought the CoG in a bit by moving heavy things nearer the inside and that';s about it. It will weigh less because it';s carbon instead of fibreglass and there';s less material there too.

teslahed

Edited the front section of the mini H a bit more as well as smoothed the top down to a better shape;

With 5 inch props there';s plenty of prop clearance but on 6 inch props things get tight. I am pretty sure everything will still fit and fly ok though ~~

The FPV cam may have to go on the top deck with 6 inch props to get clearance of everything. I can put the mobius underneath and the prop tips will spin under the mobius. Close but it';ll be ok. Alternatively i can add longer arms and lose the perfect circular shape but that';s what i';ll do if i can';t make it fit as is.

richardg6paj

chris,
You only need to move the motors out 1/2" for 6" props to get the same clearance as 5" props. So why not extend the arms a 1/4" and extend the lugs on the frame a 1/4".
Just a thought.

Richard

teslahed

Not a bad idea which i did consider, but i am trying to avoid increasing the overall dimensions above 250 size.

I think i';ve found a solution though;

I think i can get sufficient clearence for everything if i lay things out neatly enough and if i use one of these new rather nice looking smaller fpv cams;

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/SKY-%252d-RunCam-650TVL-Mini-Metal-Casing-FPV-camera.html

So that';s what i';ve done. Of course the quad should be small and light enough (smaller and lighter than the old one) to fly well on 5 inch props if i decide i prefer those.

teslahed

And it';s arrived. So far i';ve just fitted the bits together to make sure i haven';t made any stupid mistakes (looking good so far!).

I';ll get started on the electronics tonight and hopefully get a first flight this weekend, weather permitting.

And cut from the spares space on the same sheets of material;

criticalmass

Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh. Tis a thing of beauty!!!!

I want one!!!!!
H1:
DJI F450 FW
******* Retired*******
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
Mobius on 3d Printed Gimbal
FS 600TVL FPV Cam

H2:
ZMR250 CF
Multistar Elite 2204-2300KV
Naze32 Acro
5" Gemfan Props

H3:
TBS Discovery
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam
600mW Immersion vTx

kilby

Taranis+

nub

looks pretty decent tesla, i look forward to seeing her fly!
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

teslahed

ESCs have been ordered;

http://flyduino.net/KISS-ESC-2-4S-18A-v11

Build should re-commence soon, hopefully this coming weekend.

brokenpete

Teslahed, are you going to be selling these frames?
TBS Disco 1:
EZUHF, NAZA V2, TBS CORE, TBS 69 CAM, TBS UNITY 2.4GHZ 800MW VTX, TBS V2 900KV MOTORS, TBS BULLETPROOF ESC'S, GRAUPNER 10X5 PROPS

TBS Disco 2:
EZUHF, NAZA V2, TBS CORE, TBS 69 CAM, TBS UNITY 2.4GHZ 800MW VTX, T-MOTOR 900KV MOTORS, TBS BULLETPROOF ESC'S, GRAUPNER 10X5 PROPS

And more..

teslahed

I have no plans to mass produce them. If i sell any it will be a very limited production run from the spare bits of material i have left from the carbon sheets i bought for mine.

JeremyE

criticalmass

H1:
DJI F450 FW
******* Retired*******
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
Mobius on 3d Printed Gimbal
FS 600TVL FPV Cam

H2:
ZMR250 CF
Multistar Elite 2204-2300KV
Naze32 Acro
5" Gemfan Props

H3:
TBS Discovery
E300 Propulsion System
Naza M V2
FS 600TVL FPV Cam
600mW Immersion vTx

brokenpete

Tesla, ill give you a good price if you have any become available
TBS Disco 1:
EZUHF, NAZA V2, TBS CORE, TBS 69 CAM, TBS UNITY 2.4GHZ 800MW VTX, TBS V2 900KV MOTORS, TBS BULLETPROOF ESC'S, GRAUPNER 10X5 PROPS

TBS Disco 2:
EZUHF, NAZA V2, TBS CORE, TBS 69 CAM, TBS UNITY 2.4GHZ 800MW VTX, T-MOTOR 900KV MOTORS, TBS BULLETPROOF ESC'S, GRAUPNER 10X5 PROPS

And more..

davejavu123

hiya,
         do you have the dxf for this frame, would very much appreciate it :D                                       looks like such a good frame so i`d like to, with your permission of course, produce one or two for me and my friend?

cheers,
             davejavu123

teslahed

I wont be selling any or releasing any plans until i';ve test flown mine. I may be making changes, depending on how well it all works.

I';ll let people know in this thread once that';s done but it may not happen until after xmas, depending on when my ESCs arrive.

davejavu123

Quote from: teslahed on Monday,December 08, 2014, 18:32:38
I wont be selling any or releasing any plans until i';ve test flown mine. I may be making changes, depending on how well it all works.

I';ll let people know in this thread once that';s done but it may not happen until after xmas, depending on when my ESCs arrive.

okay dokey thats cool :D
might start to design my own anyways :)

teslahed

My 18 amp KISS ESCs finally turned up so tonight I';ve started on the power wiring;

kilby

Looks like they fit a lot better than the emax ones that I used
Taranis+

JAB1a

This is looking awesome so far, nicely layed out too  ~~

Can';t wait to see that power combo on your frame in a video!  :popcorn:

philtrum

Many Thanks