User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Who's Online

Calendar

September 2014
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Author Topic: GoPro or Clone?  (Read 8269 times)

Online Biffa

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 140
  • Liked: 1022
  • Fly more, worry less!
Re: GoPro or Clone?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 16:32:05 »
My initial batch of 'cheap' GoPro 3's (Silver) arrived today. I was initially a little suspicious as they don't have any serial number sticker inside them so I thought they may be copies but apparently not. I've thoroughly tested one of them and it worked perfectly - I even updated the software via GoPro's site - it connected OK and the camera was verified by GoPro. I configured the wireless App and that worked perfectly too - so far, so good  :crossfingers: Still haven't got the batteries though - they arrive on Monday - very happy with this little purchase - they'll be on eBay on Moday!

Any chance of uploading a sample video?
Steve

Offline eyeflying

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 16:48:06 »
Any chance of uploading a sample video?

Yes, I wanted to fully test the video myself but I wanted to do it properly with good light so I'll do this over the weekend.

In the meantime, here's some pics of the cameras. Just bought the 'Silver' version initially (didn't want to risk buying the 'Black' ones just in case they turned out to be bogus! - but if the test go OK, I may invest in some Black Editions too (if I can still get them  :crossfingers:)

Online teslahed

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 154
  • -Receive: 176
  • Liked: 982
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 17:00:56 »
Those look very nice eyeflying. I've pm'd you about one :smiley:
One circlip short of a quadcopter..
Mini Acro Teslaquads now available; http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=2102.msg16638#msg16638

Online Smeagol

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 01:41:47 »
I'll likely be interested in one of these - perhaps black edition, just because  :nananana:

Will need to know what the package contents are, any mounting or SD card etc. So I can see what else I would need to buy to actually get it installed and running

Online teslahed

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 07:03:15 »
Silver is definitely closer to my budget, but if you can afford a black then it looks like the camera to have. I believe the silvers are being sold as camera and battery only - my plan is to use it ground side to get used to it whilst i save up for an official case. I think that if you can get them at reduced prices it's worth shopping around for the peripherals separately.

I've noticed that GoPro seem to keep a very tight control over their distribution and prices. If you look around on the internet there are very few deals at less than the recommended retail price.
Mini Acro Teslaquads now available; http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=2102.msg16638#msg16638

Online Smeagol

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 13:23:48 »
Any update on these gopro's, anyone bought one, what else is needed to be able to mount on a copter and record footage.

Saw a gopro 3 silver for £190, didn't have the money handy, should I have jumped at it ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 13:29:04 by Smeagol »

Offline micarus

• micarus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:33 »
Any test results yet Eyeflying? What price have you settled on?

Cheers  MIKE. :beer2:
fly it like ya stole it.

Offline eyeflying

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:35 »
They seem absolutely A1 and no problems. I've listed a couple on ebay for £199 plus shipping but I'll do a discounted 'private sale' to any Forum member if they're interested. Just PM me. I've only got 4 left now though and these will probably be gone by Wednesday  :crossfingers: and I'm not sure if I can get more - I'm also trying to get hold of the Black version at the 'right price' but not having much luck so far.

Online teslahed

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 11:04:08 »
I can confirm that these GoPro Hero 3 Silvers work very well - I've not encountered any problems with the one I've bought from eyeflying for myself and the video quality has been very good;

You will need to buy accessories to go with it though - All it comes with is the camera and battery so you need pretty much everything else. GoPros aren't the cheapest camera option available but the features are very nice (especially if you have the wireless working with a smartphone) and the ones eyeflying is selling are cheaper than anywhere else i could find.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:38:22 by teslahed »

Offline nosmo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 4