Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Yesac70 on 13 Feb 2018
  • Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I have just finished reading through the sticky posts in most categories. Having just read http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=18848.0 does this mean that, if I purchased a £100 drone with out camera that other than being respectful for those around me that I can fly this in many more places that an I could with a drone fitted with a camera. I'm aware of the drone code but I cant find any information on the caa website that leads me to believe that the restrictions are less for non camera drones.

Could some one point me to this information?

Thanks

David
  • #2 by Cheredanine on 13 Feb 2018
  • That is a forum uses amalgamation of a number of rules from a number of sources and is all about to change when the new laws come in.

Fundamentally CAA makes no differentiate for having a cam on a UAV. It makes no difference to the safety other than the weight.

CAA makes the distinction only if the camera is used for fpv.

Those charts take account of privacy laws etc. Which is not the remit of CAA.
  • #3 by Yesac70 on 14 Feb 2018
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response and the clarification, I saw the chart and wondered if there was still a current loophole in regard to the distances stated within the drone code such as flying within the boundaries of my property. I've now joined a local BMFA club to provide me with a location where I can learn to fly.

Thanks

David
Pages:
Actions