Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Davie12 on 21 Oct 2017
  • Hi guys
    for quite sometime I';ve been attempting to test some dji 4114 pro KV:400 motors by using the DJI a2 flight controller without the use of RC transmitter.

I';ve got my taranis and pixhawk their way.

has anyone got information on these motor';s and esc';s

input voltage to power the esc/motor';s
    input signal to trigger the motor';s
    many thanks

So I';ve taken this control board apart and found "S800 EVO- BLDC v8"
    i can also see what looks like jtag pads are these for firmware updates or just factory test pads?

thanks again
  • #2 by ched999uk on 21 Oct 2017
  • I believe the motors are rated 4-8S.
    As for getting the motors to spin the signal you need depend on the esc you are using.
    I would wait till your pixhawk and tx arrive.
  • #3 by Davie12 on 31 Jan 2018
  • I now got myself a pixhawk flight controller and taranis x9plus and using mission planner

still no look with getting the motors to spin up.

any ideas
  • #4 by AmiSMB on 31 Jan 2018
  • With the Pixhawk it will refuse to arm unless it passes all of the pre flight checks. If you run the mission control software it should show in red why it is not able to arm. There is also a button you may need to push to enable it to arm. I had a similar issue on my Pixracer running PX4 or Ardupilot.
  • #5 by Davie12 on 31 Jan 2018
  • Thanks for getting back to me Amismb.

I disabled the pre-check in mission planner and I can get it to arm but nothing from the motors.

Are DJI products compatible with pixhawk.

• #6 by ched999uk on 31 Jan 2018
  • I know nothing about mission planner but normally in Flight Controller config software there is a system where you can test and calibrate esc and motors.
    Is there something like that in mission planner?
    On BetaFlight you normally have to tick a box saying props are off and I know what I am doing!!!!

Remember PROPS OFF.
  • #7 by Davie12 on 08 Feb 2018
  • thanks for the input guys.
     I must be doing something wrong as i still cant get the motors to spin up.

could anyone recommend some lightweight ESC's that work well with the pichawk

cheers again
  • #8 by ched999uk on 08 Feb 2018

cheers again
    I know this means a bit or rewiring but it would prove if the esc and motors are working.
    Basically you need to plug the esc control wires directly into your rx (as long as it does pwm, you will need appropriate power fro rx) and connect power to the esc. Then you should be able to get the tx-rx to make the motor spin. Remember NO PROPS.

If you can get that working then the motors and esc are all working. So its just the FC to sort out.
  • #9 by orfordness on 09 Feb 2018

cheers again

What ESC's were you using before?
  • #10 by Davie12 on 09 Feb 2018
  • @ched999uk:
         It didn't even dawn on me to try that. I am right in thinking that the frsky x8R receiver is pwm output.

@orfordness:
         The escs are the ones that DJI have attached to the 4114 pro motors.
      After pulled the motor off the only markings where S800-evo.
     There is no power lead so I have to supply it myself.
  • #11 by ched999uk on 09 Feb 2018
  • @ched999uk:
         It didn't even dawn on me to try that. I am right in thinking that the frsky x8R receiver is pwm output.
    Looks like it. Normally ch3 is throttle, so that might be easiest to try. I assume you have a way of providing 4-10v to power the x8r? Check everything before attaching power as it's easy to make a mistake and blow something up.
    Sorry but I assume you have bound the tx to rx?
  • #12 by Davie12 on 11 Feb 2018
  • Chad999uk:
      Yes I've bound the Rx to TX, the only thing I've been able to do without having to ask for help (LOL).
       I've tried connecting the motor and esc to the frsky x8r still no luck. I tried all 8 motors and nothing.
       I was able to connect mini servos and they worked just fine.
       thanks again for all your help

• #13 by ched999uk on 11 Feb 2018
  • OK so you now know by testing with a servo that you are bound and the sticks make the servo move. So that proves tx/rx. I would be very surprised if all 8 motors and esc were dead.
    Any chance you can wire up the rx - esc - motor (plus battery) and show us a picture in case there is something you have missed?
    Dont worry about asking questions, we all started somewhere plus the thread may help others in the future. I enjoy trying to solve issues as I learn as well, so its all good  ::)
  • #14 by orfordness on 12 Feb 2018
    @orfordness:
         The escs are the ones that DJI have attached to the 4114 pro motors.
      After pulled the motor off the only markings where S800-evo.
     There is no power lead so I have to supply it myself.

I could be being stupid here, but are you sure the DJI 4114 Motors have built in ESC? I can see the E1200 Pro system does but it uses 4216 motors?

These 4114 motors have no ESC https://www.heliguy.com/dji-s900-part-22-4114-motor-with-red-prop-cover-p257
  • #15 by Davie12 on 02 Mar 2018
  • sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys.
    below are the photo of the dji motor setup.

I now know that the motors are fine a bought a cheap 35A ESC from ebay and tested them one by one.
    they spin up fine when attached to the substitute esc however nothing when attached to the dji escs.

on the photo i've marked four pads and was wondering if these might be for re-flashing?

thanks for any help guys

<br /><br />
Pages:
Actions