User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Hozza: yeah all good thanks
    Today at 05:12:48
  • Gav: hi hoz ok thank you. u ok.
    June 27, 2017, 21:58:39
  • Hozza: Hey Gav hows it going?
    June 27, 2017, 21:39:18
  • Gav: Hello from Germany
    June 27, 2017, 21:20:31
  • Bad Raven: Wasn't a dog, cat in drag, 1 life gone, eight left....
    June 27, 2017, 12:59:16
  • shawdreamer: tell that to the dog :laugh:
    June 27, 2017, 12:37:54
  • JeremyE: The surface is constantly changing and you have way less time to react.
    June 27, 2017, 10:55:22
  • JeremyE: F1 requires way more skill!
    June 27, 2017, 10:54:31
  • ched999uk: Rally is great to watch and they display amazing control and skill. The problem for me is only seeing very limited clips of cars and it's a tie trial only. OK so the surface changes and they don't get to try the track before it matters. I like to see F1 drivers overtaking, OK so before anyone says what overtake in F1, it is getting better :)
    June 27, 2017, 10:35:24
  • shawdreamer: dont mean to take anything away from F1 drivers but when they race they rely on the road surface being dependably and consistently the same everytime..... a rally driver has to has to adjust his technique on every single turn and bend and take account that everytime another vehicle go's through that turn and bend ahead of his it changes the nature of the surface, F1 drivers are skilled, Rally drivers are skilled and brave..... and more than a little nuts
    June 27, 2017, 06:27:19
  • Hozza: BTCC is a good one to watch also, after all rubbing is racing
    June 26, 2017, 15:24:51
  • ched999uk: true
    June 26, 2017, 10:31:03
  • shawdreamer: "once ina while" is all very good with F1 but you watch a rally and everytime its a spectacle.
    June 26, 2017, 09:10:35
  • ched999uk: I assume you missed the F1 today. It was ore like rally cross!!!
    June 25, 2017, 23:45:50
  • shawdreamer: thats why Rally motorsport is the only motorsport ill even entertain anymore, those guys display almost inhuman skill levels everytime the go out, compared to driving round and round a flat tarmaced race track in a F1 is just a piece of pi55
    June 25, 2017, 19:27:05
  • DarrellW: Yep I thought the X5 was pretty amazing, overall really good.
    June 25, 2017, 16:54:12
  • hoverfly: Best I've seen for ages,  :smiley:
    June 25, 2017, 16:09:30
  • DarkButterfly: that dog at the beginning and the X5 at the end, epic wins ~~
    June 25, 2017, 14:54:27
  • DarrellW: Some really lucky escapes here ::) 
    June 25, 2017, 10:27:43
  • Hozza: Squalor is at large in tidy suburbia
    June 24, 2017, 18:43:25

MultiRotorUK Test

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Who's In The Chat Rooms

User in Chat:

Author Topic: Tyrant 150 4s rocket build  (Read 573 times)

Offline Cynabal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 4
  • Liked: 28
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
Tyrant 150 4s rocket build
« on: April 05, 2017, 21:58:23 »
Got carried away starting the build forgot to post before I got going

Diatone Tyrant 150mm frame kit
Brother Hobby Tornado 1407 3600kv
Spedix 20a lite blhelis ESC's
Furious FPV Radiance FC
Tattu 75c 850mah 4s packs

Still havent decided to go with an AIO micri Camera or seperate camera and vtx?

Will try and keep post updated

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Offline Revs

• aka Paul
  • Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 130
  • -Receive: 181
  • Liked: 1034
  • If it ain't broke... it will be soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrant 150 4s rocket build
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 14:40:21 »
That should indeed go like stink. Cam/VTX wise I'd go for separates. IMO the lenses on the AIOs are far too wide and they don't usually have D-WDR. Check out the TBS Unify Pro HV Race Ed, it's light, cheap(ish) and super awesome. Light weight 600TVL cam with D-WDR and you're set.

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 14:45:55 »
Got everything in place last night but the Furious FPV Radiance is a duff one, Overheating badly! hadn't even plugged in the battery was just plugged via USB and it gets very hot! so hot you cant even touch it! then crashes in betaflight, really bummed about this so I took the Rotorgeeks FC out of my other quad will hook that up instead until I get a response from my supplier of the Furious FC.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 21:16:30 by Cynabal »

Offline LuMan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 21
  • Liked: 228
  • Aviation G33K
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 15:10:51 »
Looking good, Cynabal.  ~~

Tidy bit of cable management with the PDB > ESC > motors as well.  :notworthy:
550 Hex
STOL-500
Huajun HJ816 (broken)
250 Quad (in planning)
Cheerson CX-10/A
Syma X11C
RC IR Chinook
RC Bug thing...
...and lots of broken stuff!

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 20:17:00 »
Ok its together temporarily with another FC until i can return the furious fpv FC, 321g auw not to bad, gemfan 3035x4 seem good but got some DYS tri blades coming from bangood will see how they compare, has mad power punches hard and gains altitude quickly didnt go to mad as im not so good at LoS and had limited space.

I made this with the intention of flying around our work car park complex but it just get about to quick lol. I think im going to struggle to put a camera and vtx so might have to lump it with one of the aio's with a 2.5 lense or something, will try and get some video soon.

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 34
  • Liked: 141
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 20:40:01 »
I fly a diatone 150 lizard with tornados,so pretty similar to you.its my fav flyer and yep its super crazy for punchs.funny as i even got a radiance fc here and had trouble with it when daisy chaining 4 esc on a rotorx atom frame.it works fine but decided to use something else,then i saw this thread and because the pdb is in the frame i am interested in buying one now to put this radiance to good use.
 :smiley:

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 20:44:11 »
I fly a diatone 150 lizard with tornados,so pretty similar to you.its my fav flyer and yep its super crazy for punchs.funny as i even got a radiance fc here and had trouble with it when daisy chaining 4 esc on a rotorx atom frame.it works fine but decided to use something else,then i saw this thread and because the pdb is in the frame i am interested in buying one now to put this radiance to good use.

Its a great frame, I don't think many frames are this bullet proof, 4mm carbon bottom plate is insanely tough for this size quad some may say over kill, but i wanted something bullet proof to practice flying in AIR mode and improving my FPV flying.

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 19:56:07 »
A test flight around work, still some issues the sound is horrible need to look at that. need to take the training wheels of and switch to air mode.

Binned the Furious FPV radiance it was crap, doesn't even support Dshot 600, so I bought a cheap F3 omnibus from banggood and I'm really impressed even has OSD! and half the price of the Radiance.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 20:07:47 by Cynabal »

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 21:28:55 »
I fitted my radiance to a 250 frame,running a pdb,ran battery power wires to radiance from the power in on the pdb and its got 4 seperate esc on arms.cant try it as windy and wet so cant get to the park,it arms ok and other systems seem fine so will be interesting to see how it flys.

I been looking at the diatone pdb/fc all in 1 for a 150 build in progress,it will run racestar 1407 to see how they fair up to the tornados on a different 150.

I like and prefer smaller quads for some reason,perhaps its just me or the way i fly,i certainly aint a race guy.

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 21:50:26 »
I fitted my radiance to a 250 frame,running a pdb,ran battery power wires to radiance from the power in on the pdb and its got 4 seperate esc on arms.cant try it as windy and wet so cant get to the park,it arms ok and other systems seem fine so will be interesting to see how it flys.

I been looking at the diatone pdb/fc all in 1 for a 150 build in progress,it will run racestar 1407 to see how they fair up to the tornados on a different 150.

I like and prefer smaller quads for some reason,perhaps its just me or the way i fly,i certainly aint a race guy.

I'm really liking the small quads, similar feel to the 250 only downside really is no room for a gopro, keep us updated if you do make a new 150 build i'd be interested to see its progress.

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 22:01:43 »
I am building the y150,thinks its a y150,its the frame off banggood which is the diatone crusader clone.i robbed it of its fc/pdb to put in my atom so got to buy a replacement fc for it.its got racestar 1407 on it but when i got it nearly there i post finished pics.might have posted pics of it in the builds in progress thread in general discussion.

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 23:18:11 »
so got to buy a replacement fc for it.

http://www.banggood.com/Betaflight-F3-AIO-V1_1-Flight-Controller-with-Integrated-OSD-p-1086563.html?rmmds=search

Can't recommend this enough, cheap as chips fly's fantastic supports Dshot600 out of the box and has OSD it's brilliant.

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:30 »
I need pdb/fc all in 1,the frame i build now is realy tight,its not long body,its a xframe with build area not much bigger than the components.diatone one is around £25,i bought an holybro akute by accident,incidently its like the radiance so should be interesting to see how it holds out but no esc power onboard,will see what it like once i get it but i go with diatone pdb/fc all in 1 when i got dosh.

I fly all pdb/fc all in 1's me bar this radiance i fitted in my 250 other day,yet to give it a whirl though.

I got a thing for pdb/fc all in 1's!
 :laugh:

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 23:55:48 »
I need pdb/fc all in 1,the frame i build now is realy tight,its not long body,its a xframe with build area not much bigger than the components.diatone one is around £25,i bought an holybro akute by accident,incidently its like the radiance so should be interesting to see how it holds out but no esc power onboard,will see what it like once i get it but i go with diatone pdb/fc all in 1 when i got dosh.

I fly all pdb/fc all in 1's me bar this radiance i fitted in my 250 other day,yet to give it a whirl though.

I got a thing for pdb/fc all in 1's!
 :laugh:

http://www.banggood.com/F3-V4-Flight-Control-Board-AIO-25mW-200mW-600mW-Switchable-Transmitter-OSD-BEC-PDB-Current-Sensor-p-1102946.html?rmmds=search

I've been lookign at this for my next build possibly?

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 01:49:44 »
http://www.banggood.com/F3-V4-Flight-Control-Board-AIO-25mW-200mW-600mW-Switchable-Transmitter-OSD-BEC-PDB-Current-Sensor-p-1102946.html?rmmds=search

I've been lookign at this for my next build possibly?

Yep,looks good and considered it but that was months ago,now they brought out a v5 of the same board for round same price.ontop that i got soo many vtx from banggood flash sales i need to put em to good use so need right hardware.i have mainly 7v vtx and most pdb/fc only have 5v becs so had to start buying 5v vtx,theres very little choice at banggood but i got with more coming.

Some of their fcs i had probs with,the pikoblx micro fcs i bought only 2 and each developed faults so got trashed.also i bought hglx pdb/fc for like £27 and it was alright at first then stuff stopped responing,like the rx,so lights on board but no rx inputs,think it was battery,heat related,maybe even soldering heat related and a weak component,binned it!

So sceptical on fcs from banggood,i got the radiance hovering out front where i live but not done a park fly yet but,i think i defo buy the diatone pdb/fc.

Offline Mr Finch

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 9
  • Liked: 31
  • I'm Dreaming of a two-fifty...
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 18:10:53 »
Really like the look of this and fancy building one.  What props will you be running?

Offline Cynabal

• Thank You
  • ESC Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 22:01:32 »
Really like the look of this and fancy building one.  What props will you be running?

Been running Gemfan 3035x4 Bullnose but they are quite aggressive, got some DYS 3030x3 Bullsnose on and they seem to be a good balance for punch and efficiency but are hard to get in the UK, got some RotorX 3040x3 on order to try and some HQprop 3030x4 to try

had my first major crash today trying to do flips was a pretty hard impact, quad survived fine fudged a new set of props and I ripped the SMA connector off the VTX so will have to repair that

Offline Saleem

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 12:44:16 »
I got some of the dys 3030 tris on a diatone lizard 150,running same tornados,i think it flys on rails and has decent puch but straight line i am not too sure,am thinking the hqprop 3030 standard gave more straight line speed,which is obvious as they are meant to give top end.just an observation,am running dinogy 800 4s 65c but,i like the dys,they even fit on my atom (just) so got more inbound from banggood.

I got some gemfam 3530 bullnose (just normal 2 blades) and the lizard didnt fit em.