Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by richardg6paj on 27 Feb 2017
  • Just getting parts for my new folding Teecopter build. Based on a KK2.1 fc. Motor centres are equally spaced around a 450mm PCD. Motors will be DJI 2212/920KV swinging 8" or 10" props. Body plates will be from 1.5mm G10, front booms are experimental as I'm going to try 3mm polycarbonate, if it's unsuccessful, Beech will be used with polycarbonate motor mounts. The tail boom will be laminated from two pieces of 6 ply Birch. Tail servo is a digital EMAX ES08II. PDB Matek. Not sure on the ESC's might go for the 20A Little Bees or may try three of the four DJI ESC's I have from the 450 Flamewheel I've just stripped. Going to use helicopter skids from a Trex450 for the undercarriage. I think I'm about ready to cut the plates etc. Just checking to see if I've missed anything.

• #2 by apollo7 on 28 Feb 2017
  • It should work fine, but will the front arms have a bit of flex in them, only one way to find out
  • #3 by DarrellW on 28 Feb 2017
  • Looks pretty good to me should be OK, if you do get flex think about rotating the arm layup 90 degrees then the flex should be eliminated. I've done something similar with a quad, the downside is that it's more difficult for mounting to the plates and the motor mounts.
  • #4 by richardg6paj on 28 Feb 2017
  • Yes, flex, the drawing doesn't show the vertical section on the boom. So in cross section it looks like or rather it is an "I" beam. So don't think should flex as much as it looks it would. And the length of boom from motor centre to pivot point is only 144mm.  We shall see.  :smiley:
  • #5 by DarrellW on 28 Feb 2017
  • I beams work well, should be ok then.
  • #6 by apollo7 on 28 Feb 2017
  • The I section should work well, look forward to seeing this built
  • #7 by richardg6paj on 16 Mar 2017
  • Had a rethink on my Teecopter. And have now made the arms from 4 pieces of 3mm  6ply, Immensely strong, no flex and very light. Reshaped the body as I want it to fold. Arms are finished and about to cut the body. Tempted to go with 3mm ply to make it all wood, or should I use G10. Decisions!  Not strictly a Teecopter now, but very close.

• #8 by apollo7 on 16 Mar 2017
  • Looking good, maybe one day i will get to finsh and fly a tri/Tee
  • #9 by richardg6paj on 19 Apr 2017
  • Coming together now. PDB and esc's are installed, just wants wiring up and setting up.

• #10 by hoverfly on 19 Apr 2017
  • Very tidy ,,what happened... ::)
  • #11 by richardg6paj on 19 Apr 2017
  • what happened... ::)

Not sure what you mean H.  :-)
Pages:
Actions