Flew yesterday... A bit of a mixed bag.
First up, my new Art-Tech Diamond 1100. All prepped and ready to go, but I can't get the motor to run. The ESC beeps and chirrups like the Tom Jones of blackbirds, but the prop stays static. Luckily the 4G signal at the field is good, so I download the manual. Nothing. No mention of any arming procedure.
So, it goes back into the boot of my car, still awaiting its maiden...
Next, my pride and joy S550 Hex. This flies perfectly, despite the wind, and my father-in-law takes a load of snaps. After about 10 minutes of circuits, fig-8s, and various hovers, I notice the GPS module has come loose and is dangling on the tape used to hold the cable to the mast. No problem, I'll bring it in under Atti mode and fix it.
About 4 metres up, the tape gives out and there's now just enough loose cable to let the module clatter one of the props, which shatters, cutting the module free.
Thanks God the ZYX FC automatically adjusts to one motor not pulling its weight and I bring the hex down safely, albeit with a bump!
The GPS module may well be fixable (with a bit of soldering), but I ordered a new one anyway - along with some new 10x4.5 carbon props to cheer me up.
Finally, I threw a 3S into the Ghost 250 and got it airborne. I burned through both packs, and then the packs I charged up for the Diamond. And then a couple of 2S packs I had charged up and kicking about! For a quad that cost less than 50 quid in parts, and took only an afternoon to build, I got nearly an hour of out-and-out fun from the thing! I spent a whole pack razzing the poor blighter up and down the runway at about 3 feet! Must've sent it mental, but it didn't miss a beat. Brilliant!
So, 'no.' I didn't fly today - but I'm still smiling from yesterday!!