Pages:
Actions
  • #751 by iRobot on 09 Feb 2017
  • I got to watch it but without the music

Yep its there again, YouTube keep warning me about my taste in music , but I don't listen to them, I always message them back explaining the only person I listen to is the wife !

This was the last flight with this vtx,,,that was the max range I could get  :-/ its battered and bruised but if any one wants it they can have it posted for free, just pm me  :smiley:

• #752 by iRobot on 10 Feb 2017
  • A new VTX  ~~ and a new place to fly.
    Had a nice session today.
  • #753 by ched999uk on 10 Feb 2017
  • Botany Bay!! Nice, way too risky a place for me. Motorway on 1 side canal on other and Botany Bay car park.  I would have no chance.
    Looks like the vtx is good.
  • #754 by iRobot on 10 Feb 2017
  • Botany Bay!! Nice, way too risky a place for me. Motorway on 1 side canal on other and Botany Bay car park.  I would have no chance.
    Looks like the vtx is good.

Lots of water to pile in to  :laugh:
    VTX is great, I'd forgot what clear reception looks like through the goggles. No break up at distances, I think it could get even further range,,,,, and all for £14 !
  • #755 by Jazzz on 10 Feb 2017
  • Lots of water to pile in to  :laugh:
    VTX is great, I'd forgot what clear reception looks like through the goggles. No break up at distances, I think it could get even further range,,,,, and all for £14 !
    Nice spot that I used to run along the canal before I got in to quadcopters ...
    I'm sure that long boat was there then as well
  • #756 by PropsToYou on 12 Feb 2017
  • I'm currently on tour with TV's evolutionary biologist Ben Garrod on a show called " So you think you know about dinosaurs" and today had a bit of fun in the theatre with my little E010 whilst prepping.

Here's a vid :)
  • #757 by hoverfly on 12 Feb 2017
  • I'm currently on your with TV's evolutionary biologist Ben Garrod on a show called " So you think you know about dinosaurs" and today had a bit of fun in the theatre with my little E010 whilst prepping.

Nice work if you can get it ,not many people in the audience!
     :laugh:
    Here's a vid :)
  • #758 by Jazzz on 13 Feb 2017
  • took out the now old Armattan 226 very windy but thought ill fly enyway ..
    had some hard crashes ..not a prop broken .
    very happy so far with the Armattan frame
    just spent the last two hours digging mud out of the mottors ...
    And the spell check has stoped working on my new tablet ...bloody technology ..
  • #759 by iRobot on 14 Feb 2017
  • It was less windy today....

• #760 by LuMan on 14 Feb 2017
  • Flew yesterday... A bit of a mixed bag.

First up, my new Art-Tech Diamond 1100. All prepped and ready to go, but I can't get the motor to run. The ESC beeps and chirrups like the Tom Jones of blackbirds, but the prop stays static. Luckily the 4G signal at the field is good, so I download the manual. Nothing. No mention of any arming procedure. :shrug:
    So, it goes back into the boot of my car, still awaiting its maiden...  :cry

Next, my pride and joy S550 Hex. This flies perfectly, despite the wind, and my father-in-law takes a load of snaps. After about 10 minutes of circuits, fig-8s, and various hovers, I notice the GPS module has come loose and is dangling on the tape used to hold the cable to the mast. No problem, I'll bring it in under Atti mode and fix it.
    About 4 metres up, the tape gives out and there's now just enough loose cable to let the module clatter one of the props, which shatters, cutting the module free.  :blink
    Thanks God the ZYX FC automatically adjusts to one motor not pulling its weight and I bring the hex down safely, albeit with a bump!
    The GPS module may well be fixable (with a bit of soldering), but I ordered a new one anyway - along with some new 10x4.5 carbon props to cheer me up.  ;)

Finally, I threw a 3S into the Ghost 250 and got it airborne. I burned through both packs, and then the packs I charged up for the Diamond. And then a couple of 2S packs I had charged up and kicking about! For a quad that cost less than 50 quid in parts, and took only an afternoon to build, I got nearly an hour of out-and-out fun from the thing! I spent a whole pack razzing the poor blighter up and down the runway at about 3 feet! Must've sent it mental, but it didn't miss a beat. Brilliant!  :laugh:

So, 'no.' I didn't fly today - but I'm still smiling from yesterday!!  :beer2:
  • #761 by Jazzz on 14 Feb 2017
  • It was less windy today....

Good vid .I. Robot keep up the good work ...
    Can defo see big improvement in your flying
  • #762 by iRobot on 14 Feb 2017

• Good vid .I. Robot keep up the good work ...
    Can defo see big improvement in your flying

Thanks pal  ~~ wish these quads where about when I was younger, with better eye sight and faster reactions  :laugh:
  • #763 by Jazzz on 14 Feb 2017
  • Thanks pal  ~~ wish these quads where about when I was younger, with better eye sight and faster reactions  :laugh:
    still good fun though
  • #764 by nub on 15 Feb 2017
  • yup only for a couple of minutes though, my first flight in months, a quick LOS test flight of my new KISS build, went rather well no problems at all, next step get the goggles on :))
  • #765 by Jazzz on 15 Feb 2017
  • 10 batteries today the weather has finally warmed up
    To an acceptable temp were the hands work ok
  • #766 by iRobot on 15 Feb 2017
  • Revisited the wasteland today

• #767 by Andy7 on 16 Feb 2017
  • Sunny and dry today, so strolled up to my usual location to do some range checks.
    Teen son walked to the far extent of the field while I sat on the bench in the middle with the FatSharks and the TX on. Dog supervised the whole procedure.
    Hardly a glitch and lovely rich colour all the way after I'd tightened up my TX a bit. Also, no failsafe triggered on the drone, which was brilliant for confidence when flying a little further afield.
    Opened up the throttle a little more today - what a blast! Still in auto-level, but now I really do feel totally connected and don't get lost any more.

Might post some raw footage later if I get the time so I can keep a record of my progress.

Feeling GOOD  ;D
  • #768 by iRobot on 16 Feb 2017
  • Sunny and dry today, so strolled up to my usual location to do some range checks.
    Teen son walked to the far extent of the field while I sat on the bench in the middle with the FatSharks and the TX on. Dog supervised the whole procedure.
    Hardly a glitch and lovely rich colour all the way after I'd tightened up my TX a bit. Also, no failsafe triggered on the drone, which was brilliant for confidence when flying a little further afield.
    Opened up the throttle a little more today - what a blast! Still in auto-level, but now I really do feel totally connected and don't get lost any more.

Might post some raw footage later if I get the time so I can keep a record of my progress.

Feeling GOOD  ;D

Yea get some video up  ~~
    It's surprising how far you can get flying fpv on even basic gear,,, i can push the range a bit more nowadays, and confident the range is further than I dare, getting lost would be horrible, especially if no return to home switch  :laugh:
    Nowt up with flying in auto level while getting to grips with it, took me ages to get used to acro but really comfy with it now. Can't fly in level now, doesn't feel good anymore plus degree of camera angle is getting more and more . My new swift 2 has 150° FPV which is great, really good for when coming in to the land.
    Keep up the good work  ::)
  • #769 by iRobot on 17 Feb 2017
  • My quad didn't fly today, but I did some soaring :laugh:

Some stats

• #770 by DarkButterfly on 17 Feb 2017
  • I nearly lost an EDF motor quite literally, flying the sonic 64 at full chat having a blast, didn't notice the fan separating from the foam mount until I landed.

Lucky or what! ::)
  • #771 by Jazzz on 17 Feb 2017
  • Just 6 battery's .
    Finding the time is getting difficult can't wait for longer Days
    These short days are ,short ,

• #772 by Reman on 17 Feb 2017
  • I've managed to get all of next week off work, But it's so I can keep an eye on my chocy lab after she was spayed today......... Whats the chances I'll be looking out the window at bright/dry/windless days the whole bl00dy time? :(
  • #773 by Andy7 on 17 Feb 2017
  • Labs are cool. You might notice in tonight's video post later on, my additional spotter - 3yr black lab, Sirius.  :cool:
  • #774 by Elmattbo on 17 Feb 2017
  • 2 batteries worth of picking my quad up only to crash it into the nearest tree again. A quick 10 minute blast turned into half an hour of 'why did I bother?!' Some days, it's just not happening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #775 by LuMan on 17 Feb 2017
  • 2 batteries worth of picking my quad up only to crash it into the nearest tree again. A quick 10 minute blast turned into half an hour of 'why did I bother?!' Some days, it's just not happening!

You bother because when it DOES happen, it far outweighs the reasons NOT to bother  ;)

My father-in-law popped round with his memory card containing the pics he took from my flying day earlier in the week (see earlier post). Despite having a few bad experiences, the pics are pretty good, and remind me how much fun I was having before the S550 came down (hard!).

I think I should have made the pics a bit bigger when I converted them, but you'll get the idea (I hope)  :laugh:

First up, the S550, just milling about:
    22740-0

Then, up in the air. If you look closely, you'll see the GPS module hanging off. I hadn't noticed at this point...
    22742-1

Here I go, screaming up the strip. Only about 15deg tilt, as there was one hell of a tail wind!
    22744-2

My club has a great rule for rotorcraft - if nobody is there, or nobody objects, then you can fly circuits, instead of milling about in the heli/rotor area. Nobody else was there, but members have already said they're more than happy for me to chug a multi-rotor around the main strip if I like. LEMACS really is a great club  ~~

Hope you like the pics  :beer2:
  • #776 by Andy7 on 17 Feb 2017
  • Some footage from Thursday.

Ahhhhhh.... if feels so good.  :wack0
  • #777 by atomiclama on 18 Feb 2017
  • Ahhhhhh.... if feels so good.  :wack0

Man it will feel so much better and get so much easier if you get that quad tuned better.

• #778 by Andy7 on 18 Feb 2017
  • Yeah, I think you're right.
    I was thinking the wobbles were down to the wind that day - time to brush up on my PID tuning then.
    Looks like I need some more D.
  • #779 by iRobot on 18 Feb 2017
  • Some footage from Thursday.

Ahhhhhh.... if feels so good.  :wack0

Looks like you've got it nailed now,,,, your flying round and not panicking and crashing  :smiley:
    Give it a quick go in acro.   :smiley:
  • #780 by atomiclama on 18 Feb 2017

• Looks like I need some more D.

They are slow wobbles more likely need to up P.

But first off what FC and flight firmware are you using. If you can switch to Betaflight. You probably won't need to tune it after that.
Pages:
Actions