User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Who's In The Chat Rooms

User in Chat:

Author Topic: Xiaomi Yi Action Camera  (Read 501 times)

Offline nate80

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 17
  • Liked: 173
  • Fly like you stole it.
    • View Profile
Xiaomi Yi Action Camera
« on: June 03, 2016, 14:55:46 »
I recently picked one of these up for all kinds of uses from flying, to holidays and car dash cam recording.  Turns out it's potentially really good at doing it all.  I only have a 16GB microsd at the moment, which records about an hour and a half of high quality footage, and the batteries last about as long, but the footage quality is great and the official iPhone app works really well too.

I upgraded the cameras firmware and that added a lot of new useful features.  The WiFi connection is really impressive, but I wouldn't use it when flying in case of interference.  But that's cool as it turns out it's easy to adapt the Yi into an 2.5K FPV camera too - something I'm going to do when I get the time.

I'm really impressed with the little thing, especially at the price of £40 odd.   ~~

Offline ds123

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Liked: 2
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • View Profile
Re: Xiaomi Yi Action Camera
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:33:15 »
I've been looking at getting an action camera I can strap onto my quad for a little while now. I'd be keen to learn which ones people are using. Not interested in GoPro as I'll most likely crash and break it but £40 is an acceptable risk.
Where did you get it for £40?

Offline nate80

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 17
  • Liked: 173
  • Fly like you stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:34:16 »
I bought it a while back from Gear Best or Bang Good I guess, when prices were lower and before the Yi II became the standard.  Looks like the price of the original is closer to £50-60 now.  Here's one for pretty cheap and it's in the UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Yi-16MP-Action-Camera-with-High-Resolution-WiFi-and-Bluetooth-Full-HD-/222409376967?hash=item33c8a1c4c7:g:sToAAOSwx6pYouid

Offline nub

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 102
  • -Receive: 184
  • Liked: 1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 14:44:58 »
used one for a wee while until i smashed the lens in good style,  now it doesn't power up but aye a pretty decent camera/Gopro knock off or the price.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.