User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • DarkButterfly: @shawdreamer, don't know..
    Today at 00:45:30
  • Saleem: Wheres pinnochio when you need him?
    October 22, 2017, 23:44:37
  • shawdreamer: DB...what did snow white say when she heard all but one of her mates were having a gay gangbang?
    October 22, 2017, 22:07:49
  • DarkButterfly: Having fun with the Tiny6 ::)
    October 22, 2017, 18:26:41
  • Wyntrblue: Still don’t know what to build. Big or small? All I know is I have a powercube and 4s lipos..... been looking at frames for ages. I just want to get started! Arrrrgggghhhh
    October 22, 2017, 18:09:08
  • Saleem: Yep them slow pron sites
    October 21, 2017, 14:54:23
  • hoverfly: Using old clam mobile, and waiting 2 mins for web page to load...its slower than dial up... :cry
    October 20, 2017, 18:40:42
  • atomiclama: how will you survive
    October 20, 2017, 15:29:29
  • hoverfly: Broadband down to  .19mbs no phone..   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:..
    October 20, 2017, 13:59:07
  • ched999uk: Like the flags, thought I better show rest of UK  :N-Ireland: :scotland: :wales:
    October 20, 2017, 13:22:26
  • Gaza07: :england:
    October 20, 2017, 11:24:13
  • Gav: :uk:
    October 20, 2017, 11:05:19
  • Gav: hello peeps
    October 20, 2017, 11:05:03
  • Bajadre: lol hover
    October 17, 2017, 15:14:13
  • hoverfly: His grandfather was called onehunglow ,there was an accident when he tried jumping a fence... :o
    October 16, 2017, 16:26:06
  • Wyntrblue: ok i will get mycoat and go away now
    October 16, 2017, 14:43:56
  • Wyntrblue: is his grandfather called li puffed?.....
    October 16, 2017, 14:43:44
  • Bad Raven: Chinese guy, goes by the name of Li Po
    October 16, 2017, 14:06:32
  • hoverfly: I don't where does he live??
    October 16, 2017, 10:13:48
  • Bad Raven: Yes, do you......   :rolleyes:
    October 16, 2017, 05:49:43

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: First goes on my new flyingwings.co.uk Flacon wing - Blackstone Edge (again)  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Chippercheese

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 36
  • Liked: 297
    • My Blog
Really beautiful day today, so I thought I'd best get my (second-hand) Falcon wing. Gotta say, I'm loving it -  sideways launching took a bit of getting used to, and daaaaarn the thing is responsive (50% throws on elevon mix, 30% expo). Bit hard to fly LOS due to not being totally certain how much input to use, FPV was a real treat though.

Video:

Can not wait til my Venturi (54" wingspan FPV offering also from FlyingWings) arrives (got the electronics, snazzy black and blue laminate film, Storm OSD - just waiting for the frame delivery) - reckon it will be a fantastic Winter project.

TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, Flyingwings.co.uk FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

Offline Hands0n

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 258
  • -Receive: 606
  • Liked: 2665
  • Did the Wright brothers feel this amazing?
    • Technoratia
Nicely done sir ~~  That all looked rather tidy.  I'm liking the countryside you've got to play in.  Spectacular.

What hap to the video at the end, black screen?

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Online DarrellW

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 257
  • -Receive: 411
  • Liked: 2357
  • Living on an island!!!
Like it!!! Scenery stunning!!!
Can't beat Flying Wings models they are very good.
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Offline nub

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 102
  • -Receive: 184
  • Liked: 1119
nice, so you went with the Ventrui, will be interesting to see how you get on with that.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Offline Chippercheese

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
    • My Blog
Nicely done sir ~~  That all looked rather tidy.  I'm liking the countryside you've got to play in.  Spectacular.

What hap to the video at the end, black screen?

Thanks! I love how it handles, even if I did have a few aborted launches haha!

Mobius battery went, couldn't be bothered to splice a landing in because it was already getting too long (although I underestimated how long the fade-to-black would be with music added  :whistling:) :P
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, Flyingwings.co.uk FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

Offline Chippercheese

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
    • My Blog
nice, so you went with the Ventrui, will be interesting to see how you get on with that.

Yeah - I was gonna go with Rommie's nice Z2, but Rob finally got back to me after months of pestering about venturi coming back in stock - as much as I'd like a Z2, it was going to be a bit awkward to ship it and I'd kinda rather start from scratch (so I could learn something)

If the falcon is anything to go by, the venturi is going to be fun

Offline dp106

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 33
  • Liked: 305
Anyone know how the Falcon compares to the Teksumo?  The Teksumo is only £20 vs £50 for the Falcon, just wondering if its twice as good...

I've got a Teksumo on 4s and it's great fun, will do pretty much unlimited vertical  :laugh:

Haven't tried it with FPV yet just LOS, wondering whether to convert it or if the Falcon would be better

Offline Chippercheese

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
    • My Blog
Anyone know how the Falcon compares to the Teksumo?  The Teksumo is only £20 vs £50 for the Falcon, just wondering if its twice as good...

I've got a Teksumo on 4s and it's great fun, will do pretty much unlimited vertical  :laugh:

Haven't tried it with FPV yet just LOS, wondering whether to convert it or if the Falcon would be better

Dunno how they compare, from FPV vids of the teksumo I'd say it handles the gear well.. I'd try it out, duct tape some FPV gear on and have a play! Think the only benefit the falcon has is a dedicated camera box and what looks like thicker foam so parts can be embedded/mounted flush and laminated for strength :)

Offline dp106

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 33
  • Liked: 305
I have a mini camera and transmitter on order so may just do that.  Although I bought them as I fancy "FPV'ing" my Funcub, just to see what that's like  ::)