a very good session indeed ~~
  • #1142 by iRobot on 10 May 2017
  • More nice weather again today,,,, so why not  :smiley:

1080p
  • #1143 by Jake Bullit on 10 May 2017
  • Maidened my Mini Drak.
    Apologies for crap editing.

• #1144 by Hozza on 11 May 2017
  • Armattan Chameleon following my mates Vampire. Footage is from a Runcam3, not done much video editing in the past so another new learning curve.

• #1145 by Cheredanine on 11 May 2017
  • Test flight on scx200 with gemfan maverick escs, zmx fusion x25 and new hq5x4.3x3v1s:
  • #1146 by hoverfly on 11 May 2017
  • Armattan Chameleon following my mates Vampire. Footage is from a Runcam3, not done much video editing in the past so another new learning curve.

Nice colour balance with fast exposure adjustment. Looking good. :smiley:
  • #1147 by hoverfly on 11 May 2017
  • Took the Mavic  out for a spin, it's been playing up a bit  with I.M.U.  calibration warnings but it's settled down and flew as normal. :sweating: :sweating: Stayed in G.P.S. mode as didn't feel up to sport.. :whistling:

• #1148 by apollo7 on 11 May 2017
  • I took p3 to field yesterday, but the air space was rather congested, Russ had a 2m pheonix and a radjet 800 plus his old F450, there was a few new flyers joining in with mavic, a 250 racer and a couple more phantoms, so i stayed and watched, had visions of a mid air crash and tonight the rugby people are on there.........need a new field
  • #1149 by teslahed on 12 May 2017
  • I haven't been doing much flying or multirotor stuff recently, but I have been out every day this week as I just couldn't pass up the good weather. Wednesday was the best with no wind and warm weather. Here's a video I edited together from 4 packs I flew;

• #1150 by hoverfly on 12 May 2017
  • Ace flying, but horrendous background noise... :hmm:
  • #1151 by DarkButterfly on 12 May 2017
  • Flew 4 packs on my mini HX200

Think I got the tune to where I want it to be, its flying much better no more motor glitching ~~
  • #1152 by Jazzz on 14 May 2017
  • The armattan frame is holding up really well the carbon fibre is not de laminateing like other cheaper frames I've had
    And today a very fast crash head on in to a wall .
    Caused 12 snapped stand offs .or all standoffs ..
    And a bent motor shaft .
    It's the first time I've ever bent eny motor shafts
    And it took out the top bearings.
    New bell fitted new bearings fitted 12 new standoffs later
    I flew another  5 batteries very carfully

• #1153 by Cheredanine on 14 May 2017
  • Had great fun, we put a tail on a wing and had three quads trying to cut it off, live streamed by one of the guys, excellent fun but I can see what the BBC worry about, at one point I hit the 2 inch wide crepe paper tail with my quad and it did not break the tail, sure it would do much more damage to a plane !

Vid from one of the other guys:

• #1154 by iRobot on 14 May 2017
  • Climbing to 35,000 feet,,,, and I didn't see any drones, not a DJI in sight !   

• #1155 by Bajadre on 14 May 2017
  • Lol iRobot on plastic bag watch out the wing  :laugh:
  • #1156 by hoverfly on 18 May 2017
  • Woooo Hooo, SUNNY,WARM,DRY,  Went to Deddington castle, no walls but the earthworks still visible.
    Had to avoid some doggy people but stayed on the other side of the site.
    Must say the Mavic is really good for stealth missions,4 mins from case to air.. and quiet.
    Still can't fly sport mode  :sweating:  but it's not what i bought it for. :smiley:

• #1157 by Bad Raven on 18 May 2017
  • Unable to go anywhere this morning, and "work" this afternoon, so decided to fly the Martian round the garden. 

Ran two batteries LOS blasting around the space close to shrubs, etc, and then transferred to FPV.

And...........

Was a complete and utter failure, could not hold a line to save my life................ :rolleyes:

Funny how it goes, the other day on FPV could do no wrong, ace'd everything....................... today?  Nothing to see here, pass on by.    :shrug:  :banghead:

Well, there's always tomorrow (or not if you believe the forecast!)   :cry
  • #1158 by apollo7 on 19 May 2017
  • I took the new build AQ600 up to the field for its maiden flight, i was fairly confident as i had been checking and double checking every thing  ;)
    So i did the Naza compass, made sure i had home point and sats, armed the motors, as i eased the throttle open i spotted it taking its weight of the landing gear, nice and evenly, so a tad more throttle and a clean lift of, flew about for maybe 5 mins and the rain started so good time to test RTH, all good.
    went home then a mate tx to say he was over field so went back for a second flight, it flew even better, totally locked in, very agile with good speed in Atti, so now i can go to stage two of the build and fit LED`s and maybe a gimbal . Very pleased with this build, its quiet for a big quad thanks to the superb sunnysky 3108 motors, it looks good, flies good, i am a happy builder/pilot  :cool:

• #1159 by hoverfly on 19 May 2017
  • Very tidy build, nice turtle top. ~~
  • #1160 by apollo7 on 20 May 2017
  • Climbing to 35,000 feet,,,, and I didn't see any drones, not a DJI in sight !   

Was the camera gimbal mounted  ::) you seem to have got a lot of prop in the frames....big props :laugh:
    I am amazed that you did not see any DJI`s in that air space, maybe they were busy bouncing of the nose cone  :smiley:
  • #1161 by apollo7 on 21 May 2017
  • Flew the AQ600 again, did one lipo, this is after fitting LED lights to it and mobius camera, decent footage with near zero jello......decided to fly on second lipo and forgot to wait for sats and home lock...........minor crash but ripped most of the lights wiring, so just ordered super bright lights, at least quad survived
  • #1162 by LuMan on 23 May 2017
  • Just threw the CX10 and X11C around the back garden. Now sat, reading this forum, in the garden, with a beer.  :beer2:
  • #1163 by hoverfly on 23 May 2017
  • Took the Falcon evo out  to try some new settings after a  tweaking session. Put it into circle mode  and it began to circle nicely, what a shame the motor  reduced power,thankfully I managed to glide it home.  It's getting a major reprogramming  when my brain unfolds tomorrow. :whistling:
  • #1164 by iRobot on 24 May 2017
  • I'm getting frustrated not having a quad to fly,  so having to head for the hills.... And fly through the mist......
  • #1165 by apollo7 on 25 May 2017
  • irobot, whats happened to your quad, i thought you had the hubsam 501 ?
  • #1166 by iRobot on 25 May 2017
  • irobot, whats happened to your quad, i thought you had the hubsam 501 ?

I've still got it, fpv has stopped working . I'm waiting for gearbest and paypal to make a desicion on what's happening.
  • #1167 by hoverfly on 25 May 2017
  • I'm getting frustrated not having a quad to fly,  so having to head for the hills.... And fly through the mist......
    The way the sheep scattered the obviously knew how frustrated you were, brilliant way to catch one, i find chasing them on foot really hard work. ~~
  • #1168 by hoverfly on 25 May 2017
  • Took a 2mtr plank out for a soar, nice hot day.  I gave a m8 a go on the sticks as its only rudder/elevator ,  and very docile.  It went well until it was heading towards him, brilliant classic reaction , "brain freeze".. Went home with head like a Swan Vesta, time to get some sun block. :embarrassed
  • #1169 by Saleem on 25 May 2017

It dint half pick up some speed there near end!
     :confused:
  • #1170 by Saleem on 25 May 2017
  • Yes and no,my rotorx atom flew off,think due to me not having gnd wires on the esc,power applied itself and it flew off!

Well technicaly i was flying it and technicaly i wasnt,its ok i am completely fine jennifer!
     :popcorn:
Pages:
Actions