Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by zeratul on 19 May 2017
  • Hi. I got BAL ERROR on my Turnigy Reaktor 300W 20A when I connect the balance plug. Lipo is fine and happens to all my lipos. I think I shorted something cus I accidentally touched the the side casing with the red live and it crackled a bit!
    My question is - is this repairable? And if not what's an good lipo charger to get nowadays- I usually charge 4 x 3s 1300s at a time at the most?
    Cheers

• #2 by Hozza on 19 May 2017
  • I would think it's repairable, but would depend on a couple of things, firstly fault finding then sourcing the part or parts required, it would also depend on your soldering skills as some SMD work can be fiddly.

I'm slowly switching over to the iSDT brand of chargers, very pleased with the 2 I have so far.
  • #3 by zeratul on 19 May 2017
  • Thanks Hozza. Soldering skills are good enough - its just knowing what to solder to repair it!  :cry I was hoping someone would have had the same issue before.
  • #4 by zeratul on 21 May 2017
  • Has know one had this issue before?
  • #5 by ched999uk on 21 May 2017
  • Unfortunately doesn't look like it's a common issue. Sad to say in this day and age too much is just thrown away. SSM stuff is very difficult to repair unless you have the correct tools plus normally getting a circuit diagram with test voltages is nigh on impossible.

Might be worth opening it up and posting some images. You never know it might jog some memories.
Pages:
Actions