User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • shawdreamer: so another foreign power stuffs the uk suipply lines by blocking antwerp harbour..... 70yrs and we still havnt learnt <sigh>
    August 16, 2017, 08:49:53
  • DarrellW: Oh ow....... HK deliveries stuffed for a while........
    August 15, 2017, 21:40:05
  • hoverfly: Rhubarb superb stuff, always gives you a good run for your money.... ::)
    August 15, 2017, 21:21:47
  • Bajadre: mmm  rhubarb cider :)
    August 15, 2017, 21:15:29
  • DarrellW: Old Rosie is THE stuff, definitely floats my boat ::)
    August 15, 2017, 19:01:06
  • ched999uk: No breaks allowed  ::)
    August 15, 2017, 18:48:45
  • atomiclama: time for a break.
    August 15, 2017, 18:00:22
  • atomiclama: Yeay my post count matches the year.
    August 15, 2017, 18:00:06
  • Bad Raven: Talisker, on prescription??   ::)   ::)
    August 15, 2017, 17:04:34
  • Bajadre: lol atomiclama
    August 15, 2017, 13:21:52
  • atomiclama: I find Talisker does the job quite well ;;)
    August 15, 2017, 08:46:54
  • Bajadre: THC always gets me to sleep lol
    August 14, 2017, 12:59:20
  • hoverfly: C17H27NO2 .. :o
    August 14, 2017, 09:24:57
  • DarrellW: @BR Venlafaxine now :-/
    August 14, 2017, 08:26:46
  • atomiclama: Flying in the rain, it's gota be done ::)
    August 14, 2017, 08:16:28
  • Bad Raven: Amitriptyline? Prescription, non-addictive.
    August 14, 2017, 05:49:56
  • DarrellW: Can'tsleep.com  :-/
    August 14, 2017, 01:05:26
  • Bajadre: Ohh nice mate
    August 13, 2017, 20:59:14
  • DarrellW: Trusty old dx7 has gone phut........ Just won a Futaba T8J though!!!
    August 13, 2017, 20:34:49
  • atomiclama: Dynamic filters, mmmMMMm  me likey likey  ::)
    August 13, 2017, 20:32:43

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: need bigger esc for my t2 motors are im rubbish at soldering!  (Read 270 times)

Offline greggmaN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • Liked: 23
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • View Profile
hello i have the tornado t2 motors on my quad with the spedix esc lite 20a ....problem i got the wire off the motor is pretty big and the esc is really small making it difficult to solder on any 30a esc out there that you recommend to run these t2s on electricwingman.co.uk ....i would mind a bigger esc so its not to tightly done thanks

Online Saleem

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
  • Liked: 153
    • View Profile
Re: need bigger esc for my t2 motors are im rubbish at soldering!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 14:57:09 »
If the esc have them solder/attachment tabs that stick out surely you can solder to them.have you bought 30a esc,if so which if not what type you gonna buy,spedix again?

You gonna have to brush up and learn your soldering skills,simple motor wire to esc soldering is probably the most basic of the things that need soldering on a quad.
 :smiley:

Offline Cheredanine

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 304
  • Liked: 768
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 17:19:28 »
The spedix es25 work fine, you could use 30amo spedix if you want.

If you are struggling with soldering motor wires sunrise cicada 30a are pretty big

Otherwise may be worth hanging on as blheli32 escs are now available (I have a second set of wraith32 on the way but solder pads are not the largest)

Offline greggmaN

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 21:27:56 »
its not really size of the pads, i can solder them on fine...its just the gap inbetween are really small...someone pointed out i could solder the 2 outsides on the top and then solder the middle wire underneath is this possible??....im thinking of the spedix 30a esc £8.50 on electricwing

Offline greggmaN

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 21:32:26 »
also once you answered my question above....im thinking of ditching my old zmr250 that i have learnt on and just want to carry my t2 motors and rx, cam, vtx etc over to the TSX220 frame...it has its own pdb...i was wondering when i get my new esc i will put it in my new 220 frame where do i put my signal leads from usb (i have the seriously pro f3 cloned board) do i just put the plug directly into the pins for the motors on the f3 board? then power it with the 5v on the pdb?

if thats correct how does the rx connect...just exactly the same was as it does now? (the rx gets its power from the fc, which gets power from pdb) is that right.

also i have the hs1177 cam and it solders directly to the pdb but i dont think you can do this with the tsx220 pdb where would you solder that?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 21:38:33 by greggmaN »

Offline Cheredanine

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 21:57:15 »
also once you answered my question above....im thinking of ditching my old zmr250 that i have learnt on and just want to carry my t2 motors and rx, cam, vtx etc over to the TSX220 frame...it has its own pdb...i was wondering when i get my new esc i will put it in my new 220 frame where do i put my signal leads from usb (i have the seriously pro f3 cloned board) do i just put the plug directly into the pins for the motors on the f3 board? then power it with the 5v on the pdb?
So a bit garbled, I assume you mean signal (and ground) leads for the ESCs? Yes, the sorf3 has 3 banks of holes for the motors, they are labelled (ground near the edge of the board, 5v in the middle and signal towards the centre and each set is numbered, this corresponds to the motor number, you connect the esc ground to the ground and the signal to he signal for the corresponding motor. I don't usually use pins but if it has be pre pinned you can see where they go
Yes power from the 5v off the pdb
if thats correct how does the rx connect...just exactly the same was as it does now? (the rx gets its power from the fc, which gets power from pdb) is that right.
Yep
also i have the hs1177 cam and it solders directly to the pdb but i dont think you can do this with the tsx220 pdb where would you solder that?
This is an interesting one, it depends on what the input voltage of the hs1177 is (it carried a bit), typically I would look for a 12v reg to power the vtx and cam

If you run them direct from battery you run the risk of burning them, particularly the cam but also potentially the vtx.

Your vtx may provide 5v for the cam, if the cam runs on 5v then cool. I would still rather run the vtx off a 12v reg.i would suggest getting a 12v pololu, something like this:

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/pololu-12v-600ma-step-down-voltage-regulator-d24v6f12

Connect that to to the battery (vin and ground) and use it (vout and ground) to power the fpv kit. Don't forget to connect shutdown to vin and cover it in a bit of heat shrink when you are done

Yes you can do under/over the motor connections,  doesn't make a difference

Offline greggmaN

• Thank You
    • View Profile

Offline Cheredanine

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 22:25:20 »
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tsx220+pdb+camera&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjk8Ji16vfTAhXnJ8AKHW8FD9IQ_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=950#imgrc=iUiWrxYvsNW4HM:

thats the pdb its got 5v and 12v pads on there :/ so can find out what mines on now...
No mate, that is the pdb off a tsx200, you said tsx220
If you have a 12v on the pdb should power both the vtx and the cam
this is my pdb where it says cam i use the + av - ....i dont use the one next to + which says 5v...so does it mean im using 12v

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zmr250+pdb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiR-ub76vfTAhUHLcAKHakuCkoQ_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=950#tbm=isch&q=zmr250+pdb+vtx&imgdii=Hst-vzqUJ158vM:&imgrc=FxqQ7kLbkTRVGM:
No idea without putting a multimeter on it, probably means you are running battery voltage (nowerdays most bog standard hs1177 will take 5-22v, it can take a 4s lipo, the problem arrives when you have a good power system and active breaking cuts in causing a power spike, these are brief but pretty high, would expect your t2 will get up to 50v on a hard stop, because it is brief it tends not to be a problem for all but the most sensitive of kit such as cams and vtx, a reg will protect that sort of kit.