Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Saleem on 16 May 2017
  • Which other camera options are available that have runcam swift size and the type of connectors for bolting it into frame cam mounts,like the swivel tilt bolts and the bolts that hold the cam in posistion like on the back of a swift?

I ordered and am expecting a geprc leopard and i want to mount a cam properly (just like cherads does) rather than ghetto with cellotape and hot glue.

i got a runcam slyplus,thats the fanciest cam i own.
     :smiley:
  • #2 by Cheredanine on 16 May 2017
  • So mate. I think you need cams with two holes (or three) on the side to mount on the leopard

I tend to use ones with built in voltage sensors (they come with changeable back plates so you can lose the stuff out the back)

Either Foxeer arrow v2 or v3 or runcam swift v2

All three display the battery voltage on screen without the need of an osd, ideal for racers.
    Although I prefer the arrow v3 (better lense and the ability to calibrate the voltage)

• #3 by Hozza on 16 May 2017
  • I use puppies on fixed wing models
    https://www.banggood.com/Micro-13-CCD-600TVL-2_8mm-FPV-Mini-Camera-2525mm-For-FPV-Racer-p-1114003.html

I haven't tried them in a quads, but light correction seems are good as a HS1177 and I've opened one up and they are Nextchip 2040
  • #4 by Saleem on 16 May 2017
  • Yes hozza the prob with them is they only have the swivel nut,think correct cam i am after has that nut but a fastening/hold nut to hold the angle and fix the cam in place,so 2 bolt places.

Thanks cherads,i looked on banggood and i see some cheaper alternatives but i think realy after thinking it through the foxeer or the runcam is probably the way to go.if i am gonna build up the leopard i am gonna put (what some might think is more appropriate) the correct cam in there rather than ghetto smaller cams in.

Swift or arrow i will choose.

:smiley:
  • #5 by Cheredanine on 16 May 2017
  • No worries, both have the ability to display the battery voltage which saves the need for other mechanisms

As I say, I have several of both, I prefer the arrow v3 lense but there is nothing wrong with the swift one, the arrow let's you calibrate the voltage sensor, swift doesn't but that never bothered me
Pages:
Actions