Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by aburn09 on 16 May 2017
  •  My three 200-250 size outdoor quads have the old style Eachine 200mw vtx';s in which I have had no problems with but space is always an issue with building quads and I have seen the latest reincarnation of the Eachine VTX  on BG which is much smaller so I want to order three of them......... now there are two that I';m interested in one which is switchable from 25/50/200mw or the 200mw there is only just under a pounds difference per vtx  so am i better to get the switchable over the fixed one.......I fly outdoors and usually alone......... but if I do fly with others would the switchable be better or is 200mw fine and won';t interefer with others ? Is really 25/50mw worth me considering anyway as I know it';s reduced power/range so why would I really need it anyway or for less than a pound I might as well have it just in case I use it on an indoor quad ?
    Forgot to mention I will be using a ipx to sms adapter so I can use my normal size antenna  ;)
    https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-VTX02-Super-Mini-5_8G-40CH-200mW-FPV-Transmitter-p-1114204.html?rmmds=search

https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-VTX03-Super-Mini-5_8G-72CH-025mW50mw200mW-Switchable-FPV-Transmitter-p-1114206.html?rmmds=search
  • #2 by Hozza on 16 May 2017
  • You do know that the UK legal power output for 5.8GHz is 25mW right :laugh:
  • #3 by aburn09 on 16 May 2017
  • Yes......... but i think most fly 200mw outdoors ';illegally'; ......... but until someone official with a mw  detector pulls me up I';ll take the risk.......however I suppose with the switchable one I could plead ignorance and have the option of switching it back to 25mw  ;)
  • #4 by hoverfly on 16 May 2017
  • As with the new pest control, weed killer ,wood preserver,cb radio ( remember that)  products,they are only allowed if they don';t work. :laugh:
  • #5 by Hozza on 16 May 2017
  • #6 by ThomRC on 16 May 2017
  • It';s worth noting that regardless of the laws, if you ever want to race, the rules usually say that you must be using 25mw. If your VTX can';t do 25mw, you won';t be able to race.

Even if the rules don';t say you have to be using 25mw, if you';re flying with mates in the park that do race in those places, your 200mw vtx could cause problems if they';re only on 25.

For the sake of a few quid, you lose nothing and gain the option to race, fly with others and be able to say "Sorry officer, I';ll just switch it over".
  • #7 by aburn09 on 16 May 2017
  • I think it makes sense to get the switcher it';s only a few pounds more for the three and it will mean I';ll have the choice then to choose what channel according to the environment  :smiley:..........I';ve never used 25mw before I only park fly my quads around  a 150-200 meter range so maybe I';ll try the legal 25mw to see if I still get a signal which I assume I probably will depends what break up I get I suppose ?
  • #8 by Cheredanine on 16 May 2017
  • Relevant points:
    1. As above legal limit
    2. As above, racing - common for it to be tested now at meets rather than just check it is 25mW or set to 25mW,
    3. Flying with others - people don';t like it when you fly your quad closer than theirs and their fpv switches to yours
    4. Quality/accuracy - without making specific references I have been told some race meets banned specific switchable vtx as the output wasn';t accurate

For my money the best vtx by a country mile is the tbs unify pro hv race
  • #9 by Digit on 16 May 2017

• For my money the best vtx by a country mile is the tbs unify pro hv race

Seconded, any of the unify pro range for me.
  • #10 by Paul01 on 17 May 2017
  • For my money the best vtx by a country mile is the tbs unify pro hv race

Any reason why the unify is a country mile better than the Tramp? not used a unify yet so interested to know (other than the obvious cost difference).
  • #11 by Cheredanine on 17 May 2017
  • Any reason why the unify is a country mile better than the Tramp? not used a unify yet so interested to know (other than the obvious cost difference).
    Tramp is dependent on a wand (which have a reputation for not working) or getting comms working, if there is a problem you can';t troubleshoot it

Unify is easy to change settings with the button, is a smaller form factor.

On face value I prefer the unify, I wouldn';t criticise anyone for getting a tramp, but i would say the same is true for the whole flight line I fly on, all using unify over tramp
  • #12 by Paul01 on 17 May 2017
  • Tramp is dependent on a wand (which have a reputation for not working) or getting comms working, if there is a problem you can';t troubleshoot it

Unify is easy to change settings with the button, is a smaller form factor.

On face value I prefer the unify, I wouldn';t criticise anyone for getting a tramp, but i would say the same is true for the whole flight line I fly on, all using unify over tramp

Little misleading, the Tramp can be configured easily with its button, can easily be set using the Betaflight OSD and/or the Taranis using a script!

So just the price then thats a difference and the issue of not being able to use audio and smart audio at the same time, i';ll probably pick a Unify race up at some point as they are well priced.
  • #13 by Digit on 18 May 2017
  • You can use audio and smart audio at the same time. You get a clicking type sound until you arm and then it goes away and you get the normal audio.
  • #14 by Paul01 on 18 May 2017
  • You can use audio and smart audio at the same time. You get a clicking type sound until you arm and then it goes away and you get the normal audio.

Trappy said otherwise in a video I watch about a month ago, good know know you can though.
Pages:
Actions