Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by aburn09 on 16 May 2017
  •  My three 200-250 size outdoor quads have the old style Eachine 200mw vtx's in which I have had no problems with but space is always an issue with building quads and I have seen the latest reincarnation of the Eachine VTX  on BG which is much smaller so I want to order three of them......... now there are two that I'm interested in one which is switchable from 25/50/200mw or the 200mw there is only just under a pounds difference per vtx  so am i better to get the switchable over the fixed one.......I fly outdoors and usually alone......... but if I do fly with others would the switchable be better or is 200mw fine and won't interefer with others ? Is really 25/50mw worth me considering anyway as I know it's reduced power/range so why would I really need it anyway or for less than a pound I might as well have it just in case I use it on an indoor quad ?
    Forgot to mention I will be using a ipx to sms adapter so I can use my normal size antenna  ;)
    https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-VTX02-Super-Mini-5_8G-40CH-200mW-FPV-Transmitter-p-1114204.html?rmmds=search

https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-VTX03-Super-Mini-5_8G-72CH-025mW50mw200mW-Switchable-FPV-Transmitter-p-1114206.html?rmmds=search
  • #2 by Hozza on 16 May 2017
  • You do know that the UK legal power output for 5.8GHz is 25mW right :laugh:
  • #3 by aburn09 on 16 May 2017
  • Yes......... but i think most fly 200mw outdoors 'illegally' ......... but until someone official with a mw  detector pulls me up I'll take the risk.......however I suppose with the switchable one I could plead ignorance and have the option of switching it back to 25mw  ;)
  • #4 by hoverfly on 16 May 2017
  • As with the new pest control, weed killer ,wood preserver,cb radio ( remember that)  products,they are only allowed if they don't work. :laugh:
  • #5 by Hozza on 16 May 2017
  • Personally I'd go for the switcher as I've noticed you get less reflection indoors on lower power and I know it doesn't have the discount code the 200mw has, but if you use  code: affiliate6 there is only £1.26 price difference.
  • #6 by ThomRC on 16 May 2017
  • It's worth noting that regardless of the laws, if you ever want to race, the rules usually say that you must be using 25mw. If your VTX can't do 25mw, you won't be able to race.

Even if the rules don't say you have to be using 25mw, if you're flying with mates in the park that do race in those places, your 200mw vtx could cause problems if they're only on 25.

For the sake of a few quid, you lose nothing and gain the option to race, fly with others and be able to say "Sorry officer, I'll just switch it over".
  • #7 by aburn09 on 16 May 2017
  • I think it makes sense to get the switcher it's only a few pounds more for the three and it will mean I'll have the choice then to choose what channel according to the environment  :smiley:..........I've never used 25mw before I only park fly my quads around  a 150-200 meter range so maybe I'll try the legal 25mw to see if I still get a signal which I assume I probably will depends what break up I get I suppose ?
  • #8 by Cheredanine on 16 May 2017
  • Relevant points:
    1. As above legal limit
    2. As above, racing - common for it to be tested now at meets rather than just check it is 25mW or set to 25mW,
    3. Flying with others - people don't like it when you fly your quad closer than theirs and their fpv switches to yours
    4. Quality/accuracy - without making specific references I have been told some race meets banned specific switchable vtx as the output wasn't accurate

For my money the best vtx by a country mile is the tbs unify pro hv race
  • #9 by Digit on 16 May 2017

• For my money the best vtx by a country mile is the tbs unify pro hv race

Seconded, any of the unify pro range for me.
  • #10 by Paul01 on 17 May 2017
  • For my money the best vtx by a country mile is the tbs unify pro hv race

Any reason why the unify is a country mile better than the Tramp? not used a unify yet so interested to know (other than the obvious cost difference).
  • #11 by Cheredanine on 17 May 2017
  • Any reason why the unify is a country mile better than the Tramp? not used a unify yet so interested to know (other than the obvious cost difference).
    Tramp is dependent on a wand (which have a reputation for not working) or getting comms working, if there is a problem you can't troubleshoot it

Unify is easy to change settings with the button, is a smaller form factor.

On face value I prefer the unify, I wouldn't criticise anyone for getting a tramp, but i would say the same is true for the whole flight line I fly on, all using unify over tramp
  • #12 by Paul01 on 17 May 2017
  • Tramp is dependent on a wand (which have a reputation for not working) or getting comms working, if there is a problem you can't troubleshoot it

Unify is easy to change settings with the button, is a smaller form factor.

On face value I prefer the unify, I wouldn't criticise anyone for getting a tramp, but i would say the same is true for the whole flight line I fly on, all using unify over tramp

Little misleading, the Tramp can be configured easily with its button, can easily be set using the Betaflight OSD and/or the Taranis using a script!

So just the price then thats a difference and the issue of not being able to use audio and smart audio at the same time, i'll probably pick a Unify race up at some point as they are well priced.
  • #13 by Digit on 18 May 2017
  • You can use audio and smart audio at the same time. You get a clicking type sound until you arm and then it goes away and you get the normal audio.
  • #14 by Paul01 on 18 May 2017
  • You can use audio and smart audio at the same time. You get a clicking type sound until you arm and then it goes away and you get the normal audio.

Trappy said otherwise in a video I watch about a month ago, good know know you can though.
Pages:
Actions