Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by nate80 on 15 May 2017
  • Out of the blue I took a punt on the bay and placed a low bid on a new RTF Walkera Rodeo 150 - and won it.  I don';t remember ever seeing the Rodeo 150 mentioned here, but I';ve heard and seen lots of great stuff said about them on the net.

I do like the funky design and their meant to be a laugh and good little flyers.  Most importantly they';re meant to be fairly crash proof (once the fixed antenna is replaced with something bendy). I want to learn how to fly in acro mode properly without worrying about hitting the deck and wasting time carrying out repairs, and I';m hoping the Rodeo 150';s the tool for the job.

Be good to get it working with my Taranix X9D+ rather than the included Devo 7.

Hopefully turning up by the end of the week or beginning of next.   :smiley:
  • #2 by Saleem on 15 May 2017
  • They do kinda look nifty i have to say,at one point a few months ago i was up for a frame rpund 150 and started putting a cart together of all the rodeo parts but it was a bit expensive,the gibbins are more suited to the rodeo aldo,so getting your iwn gear in there i wouldnt realy know if you can just wang a fc in,i like its front camera hood and its kinda insecty!
     ~~
  • #3 by nate80 on 17 May 2017
  • Yeah, I think there are a few mods that might be worth doing.  The battery compartment seems pretty small so I may try and buy a larger door or get one 3D printed to get bigger batteries to fit.  The camera is a bit rubbish apparently, but there are cam upgrade mods and OSD install guides online.  Other than that the fixed arial can snap on impact, or even snap the connector on the board, so a bendy one is advised.  Oh and putting LED lights on the rear is something quite a few owners do.  Other than that it';s meant to be pretty amazing as standard - a great flyer straight out the gate. The FC is an F3 model (don';t know which) running cleanflight, so it';s easily tuned and re-configured.
  • #4 by Saleem on 17 May 2017
  • How much i dare to ask?
       :smiley:
  • #5 by nate80 on 17 May 2017
  • #6 by nate80 on 18 May 2017
  • Well, it arrived earlier than expected (sold by one of TomTop';s ghost eBay accounts, believe it or not).  It';s so diddy (my first 150mm quad).  So far I';ve only tested it using the half charged battery provided but can already see its amazingly stable with really sharp throttle response.  The Rodeo 150 is fitted with an EC2 connector - which I';ve just realised I don';t own any charging cables for.  Doh!

Looking forward to trying it out properly on the weekend.   :smiley:

• #7 by hoverfly on 18 May 2017
  • Charging cables :rofl: :rofl: Snob whats wrong with bare wire and matchsticks :whistling:
  • #8 by nate80 on 18 May 2017
  • Charging cables :rofl: :rofl: Snob whats wrong with bare wire and matchsticks :whistling:

Bare wire and matchsticks?!?  Only a filthy savage would use such primitive methods!   ;)  :laugh:

I';m actually using bullet connectors for the moment.   ~~
  • #9 by hoverfly on 18 May 2017
  • [quote?  Only a filthy savage would use such primitive methods!   ;)  :laugh:
    [/quote]

Oops sussed. :embarrassed
  • #10 by Saleem on 18 May 2017
  • Yep 150 size quads are the bomb!!!

Looks kinda like a cricket taking a dump like but i like the looks of it.
     ~~
  • #11 by nate80 on 19 May 2017
  • The Rodeo';s a proper laugh!  It';s really stable and with pin sharp responses.  Real quick too.  Flew it in horizon mode, too close the the ground.  It took a minor tumble and no damage at all.  So far so good.  Batteries don';t last long though.  Got about 3-4 minutes out the last one.

It came with a Devo 7 TX, but I already have my own so I used the wireless transfer method to copy over the model file.  Worked like a charm.  I didn';t actually know it could do that until I came across it whilst reading the Devo 7 manual.  Saved quite a bit of setup time.   :smiley:
Pages:
Actions