User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • atomiclama: Cheers, already have bog standard rucsacs, looking for something with a bit easier access to the internals
    February 15, 2018, 13:12:41
  • CornishMule: Atomiclama, I also had the CS300 but recently got [link] It's big enough to put the Taranis X9D case inside, fatshark case, Lipo bag, a couple of tool bags, launch pad, monitor, laptop and copious props. 2 quads strapped to the front.
    February 15, 2018, 11:29:36
  • atomiclama: Cheers Hozza
    February 14, 2018, 09:00:06
  • yama: hooked on 90mm brushless drones now:)
    February 11, 2018, 15:45:24
  • Hozza: Not found it uncomfortable, but I've probably only walked a mile :laugh:
    February 10, 2018, 17:44:20
  • atomiclama: I'm looking for a new pack as my current one is falling apart.
    February 10, 2018, 11:29:39
  • atomiclama: Don't like the look of the padding on the back.
    February 10, 2018, 11:28:50
  • atomiclama: Hozza, how comfortable is it for a long hike?
    February 10, 2018, 11:28:24
  • Hozza: I have the CS300 [link] bloody good back pack, everything I need inside and 2 quads straped to the front.
    February 10, 2018, 10:13:43
  • Andy7: Sweet! Fixed the USBs on my laptop - been hitting DRL sim with my QX7 all weekend
    February 04, 2018, 21:18:03
  • Bad Raven: Hope the fish are alright........   :laugh:
    February 04, 2018, 18:50:14
  • shawdreamer: hmmm Im feeling a little underwelming here, sorta lacking.... I stubbed my toe earlier on the fishtank stand.... that sorta counts right?
    February 04, 2018, 18:40:09
  • Friskle: Buggered more than Anything atm, struggling walking, getting badly out of breath, hopefully next stent in a few weeks will cure that :)
    February 04, 2018, 15:51:59
  • Andy7: Yikes! Sounds like it'a worked. How you feeling?
    February 03, 2018, 10:49:59
  • Friskle: just had stents fitted in the heart..rather a serious heart attack.. never saw it coming at all :(
    February 03, 2018, 03:58:02
  • VaNDAL_UK: Check the photos and see who is wearing to jacket with the most pockets!
    February 02, 2018, 17:02:23
  • DarkButterfly: Had a quick look at it
    February 02, 2018, 14:09:26
  • Gaza07: So who's enjoying reading the new BMFA mag  :hmm:
    February 02, 2018, 12:10:53
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh: :laugh:
    February 01, 2018, 18:44:11
  • hoverfly: Thanks D.B.  they just put a catheter  in ,I think they are taking the pi$$.... :rofl:
    February 01, 2018, 18:28:41

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 75
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Advice to buy Racing Drone  (Read 413 times)

Offline dayanpad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Advice to buy Racing Drone
« on: November 11, 2017, 15:36:03 »
Dear All
Have a nice Day

I have a Pixhawk Flight controller and Radiolink AT9 Transmitter and receiver and also ArduFlyer flight controller

My Requirement is to make a racing drone indoor flying and GPS control Drone that mean I should send the GPS coordinates to the Drone then Drone flying to given GPS coordinates

So please advice the Drone frame and Motors that I need to buy and GOOD GPS module and any other thing

Hoped you will help

Thanks in advance
Dayan

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 925
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
Re: Advice to buy Racing Drone
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 16:30:43 »
Hi,
Racing drones don’t use GPS
GPS won’t work indoors

Offline dayanpad

• Liked: 0
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:05:03 »
Yes I agreed sir

I am expecting to use this drone indoor as well as out door that is way i should decided to fix GPS too but my main requirement is racing

Please advice
Thanks in advance
Dayan

Offline Cheredanine

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:59:47 »
Then strongly recomend you ditch the gps plan, take a look through the 250builds section of the forum

Offline Quad_Frames_UK

• QuadFramesUK
  • Liked: 1
  • Quadframesuk.co.uk (UK Quad Frames)
    • QuadFramesUK
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 19:33:52 »
Yeah the GPS function will be a waste on a Race quad and its also a seriously heavy FC, i would get a 450 / 600 size quadcopter for the GPS flight controllers and a 250 size race frame something like the SXQ5 Stretched X Quad Frame. i would recommend the following for a race drone.

SXQ5 Stretched X Quadcopter Frame
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/sxq5-stretched-x-race-and-freestyle-quadcopter-frame

SXQ5 3D Printable POD
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2611539

RaceFlight Revolt V2 F4 Control Board
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/raceflight-revolt-f4-control-board

Matek Power Boad
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/matek-mini-power-hub-5v-12v

Spedix IS 30A 4 in 1 BLHeli S 30A ESC
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/spedix-is-30-4-in-1-blheli-s-30a-esc

Lumenier MB2206-9 2450kv Freybott Brushless Motor
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/lumenier-mb2206-9-2450kv-freybott-brushless-motor

Frsky XM+ receiver
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frksy-micro-xm-receiver

ImmersionRC Tramp or TBS Unify Vtx
https://www.quadcopters.co.uk/immersionrc-tramp-hv-58ghz-v2
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/tbs-unify-pro-5g8-hv---race

Race whip UFL antenna or AXii Ufl Antenna
https://www.quadcopters.co.uk/fpv-antennas-58ghz/tbs-linear-antenna-58g-for-unify-pro-ufl-connection
http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/lumenier-axii-58ghz-antenna-rhcp-ufl

Runcam Mini or Micro FPV Camera
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/runcam-micro-swift
http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/runcam-swift-mini-ccd-600tvl-camera

Offline Cheredanine

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 20:55:21 »
Whilst I agree on the bps, that frame is heavy for a race frame, the freybott motors I am unimpressed with, both the freybott and the standard lumenier 2206 2450kv have developed vertical play very quickly on my quads, I wouldn’t touch again.
Raceflight is more niche than bf and there are cheaper bf controllers, not to mention all the drama earlier this month over rf.

Offline Quad_Frames_UK

• QuadFramesUK
    • QuadFramesUK
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 21:06:09 »
Whilst I agree on the bps, that frame is heavy for a race frame, the freybott motors I am unimpressed with, both the freybott and the standard lumenier 2206 2450kv have developed vertical play very quickly on my quads, I wouldn’t touch again.
Raceflight is more niche than bf and there are cheaper bf controllers, not to mention all the drama earlier this month over rf.

its all personal preference.

Personally never had a problem with the Freybott motors or the standard, lost a bell once but that was after a hard crash into a pole, ive always used bf until recently when i won a RF flight controller at an event and put it into my spare build, i really like it. i was very anti RF until i tried one.

Also frame weight, ultra light frames feel too floaty to me, not very good on UKDS or technical race tracks where you have to drop down and lose a lot of height immediately after a grav gate. frames around the 90 - 100g mark feel the best to me for all round racing and they are alot stonger as well. not broke anything on it yet, Plus a slightly heaver quad is a faster quad lol.

3 of the Top UK race pilots are using that frame from a prototype stage who finished in the top 5 this year and they all love it so it cant be making to much of a difference with that extra 5 - 10g of weight.  :tongue:

But as i said its earlier it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day and its what you know and what you feel comfortable using.

Offline Cheredanine

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 21:23:18 »
Well I have had 10 of those lumenier 2206 2450 (4 freybott and 6 of the standard) and they all developed vertical play, within the specification (0.5mm) but it makes tuning out oscillations, particularly prop wash, impossible. The origional 2206 2350kv lumeniers dont, nor do any of the many (ball park 100) motors I have (t-motor, who were OEM for lumenier, Brotherhobny, ZMX, EFAW, Rotorgeeks, Armattan) not a one. I woukd not buy or recomend the lumenier 2206 2450.

Raceflight flies nicely when it is set up well, but it is a swine to tune if you have anything unusual. I have he spark/millivolt on a 4 inch racer, when I used notchy motors (oomph/brother/rg 1407) getting it tuned, even with the raceflight devs on slack, was a nightmare. It is easy to set up, and when the tune is right it flies well, don’t get me wrong, but if you have problems support is not a patch on the help you can get with bf. And give the current situation between rs2k and Preston I can’t see things improving.

Please don’t spout the heavier quad is faster quad nonesense, or lighter quads are floater, the laws of physics don’t bend.

Look you are pushing the frame pretty hard. Fair enough it is your financial investment. I have a little experiance in frame development and prototyping which is entirely done out of hobby/interest, without commercial interest there is no bias.  I would be happy to give my opinion based on observation and experiance but might be better not doing it in open forum

Offline Quad_Frames_UK

• QuadFramesUK
    • QuadFramesUK
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 21:50:13 »
What would you recommend for a build cheredanine?

Offline Cheredanine

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 22:34:51 »
For your frame? For racing or acro?
Would go with xm+ and unify or tramp either way
Cam I have no preference between arrow and swift for a racer I would stay away from micro just because the increased fish eye makes gates harder.
Motors:
F40 pros for racer
Returner r5 or r4 for acro although there are a few good options there
For a racer I woukd use cam voltage sensor and a bare bones reliable fc like a bluejay or Nero (Jason’s stuff isn’t fancy but it is massively reliable),for acro I would be inclined to use osd flight controller for tuning, omnibus or one of its many clones but have no objection to many fc
Matek are a good budget pdb but not as good as pololu for clean fpv feed, add to that although I prefer individual escs on the arms for cooling and cheaper when you blow one, your frame doesn’t really support that, so we are running 4in1 escs. So would actually ditch the pdb, if I am using the Blackman fc then they piggyback 5v pololu and use a 12v for the vtx, power the cam from the vtx and everything else from the fc, if the fc is the onmibus or other that takes vbat and has its own reg then just a 12v pololu for the vtx
Escs - for acro blheli32 with motor pwm upped to 48khz (blheli_s with adaptive timing like the tbs bulletproof match them for smooth but not aware of a 4in1 version), airbot, sunrise, spedix all make suitable blheli32 4 in 1
For racer any 4 in 1 blheli-s or blheli32 30v+

Sunrise new f4/blheli32 aio might be interesting

Antenna I would use axii ufl for racer, for acro I would want something that handles multipathing better, tbs cloverleaf ufl if you wann stick with ufl direct, or triumph or pagoda otherwise

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 23:04:04 by Cheredanine »

Offline Quad_Frames_UK

• QuadFramesUK
    • QuadFramesUK
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 22:58:41 »
For Dayan who created the post, and for the SXQ5 if you have recommendations for that as well, building another when the new batch arrives, made a few design changes and I would like to have and fly the end product :)

Offline Cheredanine

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 23:28:05 »
See above, you posted whilst I was editing, however for a new person I would go acro build

Offline Quad_Frames_UK

• QuadFramesUK
    • QuadFramesUK
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 23:53:17 »
Haha sorry, sent the Tmotor F40 quite a heavy motor? What frame would you use for an Acro or race?

Offline Cheredanine

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 10:08:47 »
F40 pro is indeed heavy but very powerful and as above, your frame is already heavy.

Have a look round the 250builds section, I have 20 or so different builds there with different setups.

Nowerdays I pretty much universally fly Kinetic Aerial Air Ro, ultra light 4 inch, has the speed of a 5 inch with agility if a micro. I usually have one of my 5 inch quads with me as well but I rotate around which I take (at the moment it is one of my dquad obsessions)

For a beginner like the OP, I would suggest one of the qav210 Charpu clones, cheap, strong and stable.

Offline Quad_Frames_UK

• QuadFramesUK
    • QuadFramesUK
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 10:59:42 »
I’m not a fan of the CharpuX frame at all, I’ve had two of the original frames and one realacc clone Jonny and broke the uni plate on all of them.