User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • ched999uk: Definately follow up. I once didn't get an interview that I had all experience and quali required. So I called them, to be told they filled job internally but they had another coming up next week. Would I like to be considered for that! I said yes and got the job!!! So keep trying mate you will get there.
    May 24, 2018, 17:57:40
  • Wyntrblue: seen and replied
    May 24, 2018, 13:45:28
  • mo_miah: wb pm'd you mate
    May 24, 2018, 13:40:48
  • Wyntrblue: yea i have been. and they say thanks for your call can i call you back... then radio silence... all very annoying, still im applying for around 10 a day at the moment and the as the saying goes. throw enough mud at a wall and some will stick.
    May 24, 2018, 13:38:11
  • DarkButterfly: Best to follow them up, you may get an interview that way
    May 24, 2018, 13:06:33
  • mo_miah: with the number of applicants they don't have time to respond to everyone, normally they say they will contact you within x weeks for an interview and if you dont hear back then assume its a no
    May 24, 2018, 13:04:05
  • Wyntrblue: why do prospective employers never ever call you back. as of today i have applied for 37 jobs in 3 days (really need a new job)
    May 24, 2018, 11:29:01
  • hoverfly: My mistake the Hornet is still going...[link]
    May 23, 2018, 17:25:27
  • hoverfly: F/wings  made one called the Hornet  it's not listed now so i assume it's discontinued.  I have 3 Ravens  in various set ups , they go very well with multirotor motors . If you laminate them they are almost  indestructible,  the only bit to suffer is the wing tips. Absolute bargains... ~~
    May 23, 2018, 16:39:06
  • mo_miah: raven does look good and cheap enough
    May 23, 2018, 16:24:54
  • atomiclama: Isn't the raven small enough?
    May 23, 2018, 15:22:24
  • mo_miah: nothing around the 2ft wing span?
    May 23, 2018, 14:42:34
  • hoverfly: Have a look at the Flyingwings  web site.  they go from   32 inch upwards.. :smiley:
    May 23, 2018, 14:33:05
  • mo_miah: Im tempted by an FPV wing, they all seem huge though
    May 23, 2018, 13:40:48
  • DarkButterfly: ::)
    May 22, 2018, 17:56:49
  • hoverfly: Hit the button on a W.R.A. spec racing wing.....feeling the need for speed.. ::)
    May 22, 2018, 13:27:46
  • Bajadre: welcome to MRUK chad enjoy buddy :)
    May 20, 2018, 09:25:43
  • Andy7: Hey chad. Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it!
    May 18, 2018, 22:15:38
  • Kellarly: Hi
    May 18, 2018, 21:43:36
  • ChadB: Hello from a new member!
    May 18, 2018, 21:14:11

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Which micro quad  (Read 416 times)

Offline mo_miah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 49
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Which micro quad
« on: February 11, 2018, 23:51:50 »
So i have an echine e010 which is great to fly around the house, but no good outside, slight bit of wind and its gone.
I also have a 220mm quad that i built, no problems with that

Now im after something in the middle 90-130mm. Budget is about £100 quad only. I have receivers and will get batteries. Needs to be able to fly outside comfortably. Needs basic fpv doesnt need to be too fancy. Speed is not an issue slow or fast is fine. 2s-3s. Whats good?

Offline QuadFox

• Liked: 7
Re: Which micro quad
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 00:39:00 »
I've just built a 90mm, literally a day ago so not much flight time yet, but it seems to fly great! Tested on 2S indoors and 3S outdoors, plenty of power and control even in the wind.

All parts from banggood. Lizard95 frame, Racerstar 1104 6500k motors (wanted the DYS ones but went out stock just before ordering), Hakrc 4-in-1 Blheli_S ESC, Matek F411 mini FC, Frsky XM receiver, Turbowing OSD camera/vtx, Gemfan 2035 props. Also put on some prop guards for indoors, bought a few different ones but quite liking the black Aurora 100 prop guards, plus absorbs impacts really well. Came in around £90-100 (excluding batteries, trying a few different ones from Hobbyking). Particularly impressed with the new Turbowing camera, need to get some for the brushed micros. Extremely light and rock solid video.

Building these things is addictive, I'm already pondering what frame to build on next! Maybe something to fit the 3" props I accidentally bought.

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 562
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:08:57 »
I doubt you will better the price and features of these two below. I have two Aurora 90, very good outdoor, ideal back garden/local (legal) park bashers, but IMO ALL brushless 90's are far too powerful in the home, big sports hall maybe (I have).

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Aurora-90-90mm-Mini-FPV-Racing-Drone-BNF-wF3-OSD-10A-BLheli_S-Dshot600-5_8G-25MW-48CH-VTX-p-1114799.html

https://www.banggood.com/Kingkong-90GT-90mm-Brushless-Mini-FPV-Racing-Drone-with-Micro-F3-Flight-Controll-16CH-800TVL-VTX-p-1118870.html

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 49
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:20:03 »
ideal back garden/local (legal) park bashers

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Aurora-90-90mm-Mini-FPV-Racing-Drone-BNF-wF3-OSD-10A-BLheli_S-Dshot600-5_8G-25MW-48CH-VTX-p-1114799.html

https://www.banggood.com/Kingkong-90GT-90mm-Brushless-Mini-FPV-Racing-Drone-with-Micro-F3-Flight-Controll-16CH-800TVL-VTX-p-1118870.html

what is the law of flying in parks?

from what i've read you need to be 150m away from built up areas and 50m in all directions away from people vehicles etcs and 400ft max ceiling
that why i always drive out to the middle of the countryside to fly
or have a hover around the garden below my fence level 0-8ft off the ground

i did have a look at the lizard95 BNF and the kingkong flyegg 130, but may decide to build it myself using the frames
i'll have a look at the Aurora 90 too

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 562
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 13:43:56 »
Ultimately, Bylaws top off but do not offset CAA set rules for airspace safety.  They may allow flying at certain times, they may ban it completely.  They must be made available to users of the space, so check with your local council.

There is a park near me that permits flying electric power model aircraft but at the same time completely bans driving a golf ball or weirdly riding a bike!!  That is flying under certain minimal conditions and mainly because way back they only banned IC power because that is all there was back then and by the time they realised there was an established history of no issues arising from its use!

Offline Saleem

• Liked: 180
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 15:07:32 »
I like the look of the emax babyhawk,i got 100mm minus frames and motors,esc and fc to build a micro.i just seem to always have probs with them compared to my bigger quads,also i fly a lot of 130-150mm quads,i have several,they are no problem at all compared to the tinier stuff as they use 30x30 gear.
 :smiley:

Offline Sweet Pickle

• Liked: 144
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 18:01:21 »
Quite tempted to get an LDARC ET125.
Seen some really good reviews despite looking quite toy grade still.
Already have king Kong tiny 6 and a couple of 120 size but still want another.

Offline pheasant_plucker

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 151
  • I'm a ******!
    • RCModelFlyers (RCMF)
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 18:41:35 »
I've just bought an Armor 90

The only issue was having to flash the FrSky XM receiver to EU LGBT as it was supplied with international firmware.

Description:
Item name: Armor 90 Micro Brushless FPV Racing Drone
Wheelbase: 90mm
Weight: 60.5g(without battery) / 85.3g (battery included)
Receiver: Frsky XM receiver
Brushless Motor: MKF1104 7500KV
Brushless ESC: 4 in 1 Oneshot/Dshot300 LDO 10A
Flight Control: F3 Bateflight_OMNIBUS
Camera: 600TVL HD , 120°
Video transmitter: 5.8G 40CH 25mW
Video transmitter antenna: 3DBi
Propeller: 1935 3 blade propellers
Battery: 350mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo 60C
Flight Time: About 5 minutes

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif

Offline Reman

• Liked: 168
  • Fly, Crash, Rebuild, Repeat.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 22:40:29 »
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Offline Saleem

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 15:04:24 »
I run a lantian 130,you wont get a 4in1 and fc in there without using longer frame standoffs.i had to increase the length of mine just to get the fc/pdb aio in there and get the rx under it.ok if you use a tiny rx but i use flysky x6b as i want failsafe,mounted esc on arm and used emax 1306,tiny cheap micro 600tvl but didnt have room for a vtx,the boscam £5 jobbies are good here with direct solder antenna,i used one of the eachine vtx units with the ipex omni directional antenna but it aint up to the job at all,will have to fit a boscam vtx i was talking about earlier as realy even with longer frame standoffs its the only vtx thst i think will work for me.if i had used the f4 v5 fc off bangood with vtx incorperated the build would have been better,it gos like a missile but at this moment its realy unflyable due to crap pic from vtx.

Funny cos i got one on order from banggood and waiting to recieve it as i want to build 1104 powered as i got the bits lying round.

The best most reliable microish i got is the diatone lizard 150 i had for ages,brilliant little frame,brotherhobby 1407,best quad in my current line up,fast as hell and so far worthy flyer!

Offline Reman

• Liked: 168
  • Fly, Crash, Rebuild, Repeat.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 17:21:11 »
you wont get a 4in1 and fc in there without using longer frame standoffs.

You've just got to be creative with the stacks standoffs......

The first two pictures are of the lantian 130 I built for an underslung battery. It's got pretty much all the parts I mentioned above in it, Plus an X6B RX and a battery "Skid plate". I swapped the standoffs for some that had a little more support at the ends, But they're the standard length.

The last picture is of the other one that I built for the battery to go on top (Looks feckin' rediculess with a 1000mAh 3C sitting on there. :) ). That's got pretty much the same kit except that I also squeezed a Diatone SP2 VTX in there (And I need to swap the motors because ones breaking down with heat).

For the standoffs I just got a box of different lengthed ones from BangGood, Then mix and match them to have as much room as a component needs, But not much more. The second quad just uses long stainless M3 machine screws with nylon spacers and nuts. In the next rebuild I'll try to get some long nylon M3 bolts instaid. I haven't had any grounding issues using metal screws, But it's always on my mind if I'm landing in damp grass.

The only unexpected issue I had on these was that I had to grind about 2mm off the camera's case screw bosses because at certain camera angles it was fouling the front props.

They fly great on 3 cell, I've heard rumors that these motors will cope with 4C too, But I find them quick enough on 3C not to want to risk it.
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Offline Saleem

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 20:54:27 »
Yep,heres mine with another frame on order,i still got space there but just gotta get off my lazy ass and wire up the right vtx has the one i got there just gos fuzzy as soon as i get like 25m away and throttle it.them boscam £5 jobbys that are on flash sale on bg at moment are ideal.i use a 800 4s and its fast!
<br /><br />

For price its good frame from what i flown so far.