User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Have you missed your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Bajadre: lol hover
    Today at 15:14:13
  • hoverfly: His grandfather was called onehunglow ,there was an accident when he tried jumping a fence... :o
    October 16, 2017, 16:26:06
  • Wyntrblue: ok i will get mycoat and go away now
    October 16, 2017, 14:43:56
  • Wyntrblue: is his grandfather called li puffed?.....
    October 16, 2017, 14:43:44
  • Bad Raven: Chinese guy, goes by the name of Li Po
    October 16, 2017, 14:06:32
  • hoverfly: I don't where does he live??
    October 16, 2017, 10:13:48
  • Bad Raven: Yes, do you......   :rolleyes:
    October 16, 2017, 05:49:43
  • Vivian Lai: do youknow TATTU Rline new 1800 4s ?
    October 16, 2017, 04:52:30
  • DarkButterfly: Was going to fly FPV today, but run all 4 batteries on the wing LOS, great fun ::)
    October 15, 2017, 21:49:40
  • Gav: make sure to video it
    October 12, 2017, 09:34:47
  • hoverfly: I'll give it a go... :laugh:
    October 12, 2017, 09:30:35
  • Gav: oh eye brow for flight mode switch.
    October 12, 2017, 09:29:24
  • Gav: good question. well.. only if you have heated handle bar grips and use your tongue to operate the throttle and your nose for the aileron and elevator
    October 12, 2017, 09:27:46
  • hoverfly: Gav would it still be good on a motor bike? ::)
    October 12, 2017, 09:24:39
  • Saleem: Gav your a life saver,i aint got a car!
    October 11, 2017, 21:11:24
  • Gav: fpv in your car nice n warm in the winter with uhf
    October 11, 2017, 20:48:57
  • atomiclama: Oh I'm liking this 433 stuff. 3mW gets me ~200m with the TX stuffed in the boot of the car and some bits of wire for the antennas.
    October 11, 2017, 18:22:06
  • atomiclama: 3 2 1
    October 11, 2017, 12:09:31
  • Gav: testing testing  1 2   3
    October 11, 2017, 12:07:56
  • Andy7: At leaat it won't overheat!
    October 09, 2017, 15:53:26

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: did 'YOU' fly today??  (Read 90644 times)

Online DarkButterfly

• Wings in the sky
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 99
  • Liked: 1078
  • Got the Hexfactor
    • My blog
Re: did 'YOU' fly today??
« Reply #1350 on: July 25, 2017, 19:08:12 »
Just flew 5 batteries ::)

2 on the wing
2 on the mini quad
1 on the Mavic
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

Offline iRobot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
  • Liked: 528
  • Leftover parts are just proof you made it better..
« Reply #1351 on: July 25, 2017, 19:34:53 »
Its not the reg crap, its the fact i will more than likely destroy yet another plane  :o

Height is your friend, easy on the gas and only fly in calm conditions,,,, what could go possibly wrong  :laugh:
Took me almost 20 years to stop crashing planes !

Offline apollo7

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 43
  • Liked: 544
« Reply #1352 on: July 25, 2017, 21:01:17 »
Height is your friend, easy on the gas and only fly in calm conditions,,,, what could go possibly wrong  :laugh:
Took me almost 20 years to stop crashing planes !

I did it, Russ lobbed it up and i took over managed a good 20 mins and brought it home with no more scars, happy days
S550 with Naza and Phantom 3, Falcon evo 1340 wing, AQ600 Quad
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Offline iRobot

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
  • Liked: 528
  • Leftover parts are just proof you made it better..
« Reply #1353 on: July 25, 2017, 23:20:27 »
I did it, Russ lobbed it up and i took over managed a good 20 mins and brought it home with no more scars, happy days

Nice one  :smiley: having a good lobber is always good, your straight on the controls and away safely  ~~

Online DarkButterfly

• Wings in the sky
  • Thank You
  • Got the Hexfactor
    • My blog
« Reply #1354 on: July 28, 2017, 00:00:51 »
Got 3 packs in before the rain started

Offline Bad Raven

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
  • Liked: 361
« Reply #1355 on: July 31, 2017, 19:14:11 »
Indoor this morning. Someone arrived saying they were taking pics for the BMFA and having got outdoor shots at the weekend locally wanted indoor.

After attempting to film me fly (I admit I wasn't being gentle with the Blade 130S at the time!!   ;) ;)  ) I heard him comment to another that what he really wanted was a pic of someone hovering a bigger heli at face level a max of 2 feet away to frame the picture. This for the magazine..................

I asked if it was a "How not to do it" article and when he said no it was at that point that I pasted him to the wall..................... pillock!  :slap:

Had a great time flying the Tiny6 around flat out, they really do shift and duration on the 250mAh cells is good.

Dropped back home and then on to flying field for 14:00. Wanted to fly the new 250 (which actually diagonally measures 280  :rolleyes: ) on 4S for the first time. It was pretty unstable with a standing 14 going 20 plus followed by lulls of 5.  Ideal really............. :wack0

Those 3B-R 2600kV motors on 90C 2200mAh 4S via 30A ESCs are IIIIINNSSSSAAANNNEEE!!

I need a larger flying site or more skill or both!   :frantic: :rofl:

Have ordered some high C 1800mAh 4S as I feel that size will be best combo of power and weight.

Offline Bad Raven

• Thank You
« Reply #1356 on: August 01, 2017, 18:19:28 »
Quite a few at the patch today, but only one other MR pilot, and he decided to fly LOS low only as it was quite blustery with drastic changes in direction.

I flew the 3B-R motored 250 three flights, two on 4S 2200 mAh. (A pair of 1800mAh arrived this afternoon and are on charge now).

I am SO impressed by their punch out torque available, they claim just under 1.7kg per motor (OMG, that's over 6 Kg of thrust!!) and frankly I have no reason to call their bluff, its more like so far they are calling mine, as I still have not used full throttle.............

Before it flies again I must jack the camera angle up a LOT more!

Off MRs, the owner of a plane I maidened to have elevator blow back and a near terminal dive last time arrived. Despite it not really being great conditions I flew it in its new control form. No elevator issues, now the ailerons at the higher speeds I took it to into wind started to become ineffective, just as well it had a rudder that worked. 

Then a fast wing decided to loosen the glue on one elevon control rod and it slipped slowly to near full down at rest after a series of fast rolls. Luckily it had fixed differential in the links so the up going reduced its power and the still working other side still allowed it to fly, albeit it would only turn one way and so I had to work hard with trees everywhere to create the space to do a curving approach and that was holding full up and full opposing elevon. Actually managed a centre patch slide landing.....PHEW....................

Just another day............. and its not over, Indoor tonight, micro quad racing through lit hoops!

Offline hoverfly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 72
  • Liked: 776
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #1357 on: August 01, 2017, 19:05:39 »
6KG thrust.  :o :o that is going to be stunning in vertical grunt. ~~
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
Spektrum DX 8 with mode knob conversion.Tarot 650, Tarot 250 DX9

Offline Bad Raven

• Thank You
« Reply #1358 on: August 02, 2017, 08:29:04 »
You know, I really do have to work on my accuracy!!   ::)

Indoor last night had four of us (only six total last night against eight or so normally) attempting circuits with the hoops.  Initially flown without their lighting on in order to not distract the others flying Heli, but they asked to see them on and decided that it wasn't a problem, even though half the hall lighting had failed.

I didn't take them all last night, one full size 720mm, two 340mm, and a half full hoop.  I managed three laps once with only a single slight clip, but those 340 mm hoops look large right up until you try to hammer a 90mm Tiny6 through them flat out after having turned 180!   :whistling: 

Luckily for my ego the other three were worse than me, but its little consolation.......  :embarrassed  The internal LED string lighting does help a lot though.  ~~

I am going to buy some more hula hoops and leave them full size for now, I think there are some sized around 500-600 which would be ideal to better suit our currently very wanting skills!

The full sized loop had a mobius mount taped to its bottom so it screwed onto a tripod (not extended) to provide weight which worked as it didn't get toppled over, and to make the course more "interesting" by having to climb for that hoop and dive back down for the next smaller one. 

The 340mm hoops have a square drainpipe joiner as a base, and these stood quite a number of hits without toppling though a hard hit right at the top teetered them a couple of times, and once a E010 in front of me I was catching up hit a hoop on one side, turned it and the 340mm hole I was heading for suddenly halved in width. No, I didn't make it through clean!!!   :blink

Great fun though and everyone is keen for a next time.  One of the Heli only guys has gone home to order one and one already with a E010 FPV was away last night!

For the record, I have arranged pre-set FPV frequencies to create a decent spread so we can all just turn up and go.  The Tiny6 has a limited range of frequencies and does not actually HAVE the frequency all my quads are set to by default but its nearest is still near enough even with others on.

Any old hall will do since you don't need height as for Planes and Helis, so try it!!!   ~~ ~~

Offline Andy7

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 22
  • Liked: 359
    • The Tracker
« Reply #1359 on: August 05, 2017, 20:14:28 »
Gave my first 4S pack a good spin today and actually managed my first ROLLS!!!!  :cool:

... then it POURED DOWN!!!!
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | Naze32 (BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 3S 3000mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props.
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Bajadre

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #1360 on: August 06, 2017, 20:14:26 »
Got to test the emax x4 today testing went great no problems  ::) had a bit of rain but then the sun came back out managed to get 5 packs on 2 quads so happy days :cool: borrowed a mates 4s and tried it OMG the difference is insane haha so 4s on shopping list now I got a quad that can handle 4s  ~~

took mi cam out but was so concentrating on test flying that I only grabbed a couple of clips :embarrassed

Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Offline GrantV

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
  • Liked: 9
  • Interested in fpv quad freestyle and racing
« Reply #1361 on: August 07, 2017, 11:04:15 »
Had a fabulous morning flying my Wizard X220 with a mate on Friday in questionable winds where I finally switched to full acro with airmode!  :cool:

Followed that up with an even better morning flying my Wizard X220 again on Sunday with glorious weather!

This time I had disabled the accelerometer on my F3 so that I couldn't chicken out even if I wanted to and had to fly acro .... and again it was AWESOME!!! ...

3rd of my 4 batteries, been practicing power loops and having an amazing time flying (and scaring the daylights out of myself) when, bad setup + big old dead tree = heartache! Top and bottom plates snapped and entire front section was found a couple of metres from the rest of it. Luckily, all hardware survived!

RIP'ieces dearest Wizard! 

Could anyone recommend a better quality VERY LOW BUDGET 5" frame? or maybe have one that they have grown out of and would be willing to accept some cash for?

Offline Reman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
  • Liked: 112
  • Rebuild, Fly, Crash, Repeat.
« Reply #1362 on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:41 »
I'm pretty impressed with the Martian II 220 frame from banggood. Not excessively heavy and strong as hell. As I tend to stack everything inside, I also like how there is just enough room between the last two rows of standoffs to drill the frames bottom plate and create a second stack for the RX and VTX. It makes for a very clean build.
A really bad day of flying is still ten times better than a good day at work.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Offline ched999uk

• Thank You
  • -Given: 157
  • -Receive: 162
  • Liked: 473
« Reply #1363 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:42 »
Banggood have an anniversary edition of the Martian 2 215 for £14 here: https://goo.gl/gkSDco
4mm arms, 2mm bottom plate and 1.5mm top plate. Looks good to me.
No pdb but you have all the wizard bits so that should be fine.

Offline Reman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
  • Liked: 112
  • Rebuild, Fly, Crash, Repeat.
« Reply #1364 on: August 07, 2017, 11:56:08 »
I'm not totally convinced about the anniversary edition Martian being any good. It may be a fair bit cheaper than the original but it looks like they've extended the arm mounts on the bottom plate and used 180 arms.

A lot of the Martian II's strength comes from having that triple thickness in the base and how all four arms brace themselves against each other in the middle. Without that I can't see this one being as rigid and strong as the original.

My guess is they had a shed load of the 180 Arms that weren't selling so they re designed the bottom plate to use them with 5 inch props instead.
A really bad day of flying is still ten times better than a good day at work.

Offline atomiclama

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 108
  • Liked: 642
  • Uhh! What's that then, Oh! new project.
« Reply #1365 on: August 10, 2017, 13:26:41 »
Just a little clip from my last flight where I taped a camera to the arm of me quad and went for a little LOS flight to see how high I dared go.

It gets to a little spec quite quickly.  :o

The inverted bit at the end turned out better than I expected. ::)

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline Two-Six

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 36
  • Liked: 267
  • Have I had my biscuites yet?
« Reply #1366 on: August 10, 2017, 14:00:50 »
Ahh, a nice and relaxing sensible flight for a change.  I liked the way you got emboldened towards the end.  So how did that upside-down fall work?  Was it just air mode or something keeping it level as it fell with the throttle all the way down?

It could have done with a bit of dub-step mind you.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Offline DarrellW

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 257
  • -Receive: 411
  • Liked: 2355
  • Living on an island!!!
« Reply #1367 on: August 10, 2017, 14:03:38 »
Well sort of, took my new 4WD 1/18 scale truck out for a blast - never played with one before, I feel major expense coming up ::) ::) ::)
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Offline atomiclama

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 108
  • Liked: 642
  • Uhh! What's that then, Oh! new project.
« Reply #1368 on: August 10, 2017, 14:21:07 »
  So how did that upside-down fall work?  Was it just air mode or something keeping it level as it fell with the throttle all the way down?

It could have done with a bit of dub-step mind you.

Yep airmode and min throttle all the way.

Don't worry daft music to come once I get used to shotcut editing.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline Bajadre

• Thank You
« Reply #1369 on: August 12, 2017, 18:42:49 »
Never got off the landing matt today  :huh  :-/ one of the back motors was playing up,tried recal it on cleanflight but no good so may need to check solder joints from motor to esc or just buy a replacement motor sucks as I left my 280 at home  :waiting:

at least my mate got to test flight his spark everything went well hopefully get out again 2mrw and ill get some stick time lol

Online DarkButterfly

• Wings in the sky
  • Thank You
  • Got the Hexfactor
    • My blog
« Reply #1370 on: August 13, 2017, 17:59:22 »
AXN was flying well, then suffered a control lockout.

Crashed...

Offline Bajadre

• Thank You
« Reply #1371 on: August 13, 2017, 18:23:35 »
Got a good few packs in at a new site at Somerdale Pavilion,bit of a day though  :sweating: first my 170 came down again luckily I was flying fpv so had a general ideal where it landed so after 20min we found it (losing faith in that quad tbh) got a few more lipos in on the 280 then my mates Quattro - X had a fit lost gps and buggered off  :help: tried RTH and even switching off tx to see if it would stay where it was but the wind carried it on :( first flyaway ive seen  :o felt for my mate but tbf there wasn't a lot he could do at that point spent a couple of hours checking the local fields but its like a needles in a haystack.

so all in all

found a new site
crashed my 170 again lol
mates drone buggered off

cant ask for much more from a sunday :laugh:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 19:40:43 by Bajadre »

Offline hoverfly

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 72
  • Liked: 776
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #1372 on: August 13, 2017, 20:21:59 »
AXN was flying well, then suffered a control lockout
Servo death??
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
Spektrum DX 8 with mode knob conversion.Tarot 650, Tarot 250 DX9

Offline DarrellW

• Site Sponsor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 257
  • -Receive: 411
  • Liked: 2355
  • Living on an island!!!
« Reply #1373 on: August 13, 2017, 20:37:18 »
Servo death??
Strange that, my old dx7 went phut today while I was flying my axn, fortunately it did a sycamore seed to the ground with no damage!!!
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

Offline trebor

• Old boy
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • Liked: 109
« Reply #1374 on: August 13, 2017, 20:43:23 »
One of my servos caught fire in the Reptile s800 wing. Nearly ended in tears !

Offline Bajadre

• Thank You
« Reply #1375 on: August 13, 2017, 20:59:52 »
its like national bad luck day today then  :banghead:  :rofl:

Online DarkButterfly

• Wings in the sky
  • Thank You
  • Got the Hexfactor
    • My blog
« Reply #1376 on: August 13, 2017, 21:58:01 »
Servo death??

Yeah, rudder servo jammed solid, probably what was drawing loads of amps and caused everything to lock out.

Offline Gav

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 262
  • -Receive: 100
  • Liked: 723
  • quadtastic
    • 5.8GHz FPV Antenna FORSALE
« Reply #1377 on: August 14, 2017, 09:57:06 »
lawn dart  :laugh:

Offline Bajadre

• Thank You
« Reply #1378 on: August 14, 2017, 18:22:22 »
My mate who had the flyaway just texted me a pic of his new dji p2  off ebay ~~ knew he wouldn't be grounded for long lol  :rofl:

Offline Bad Raven

• Thank You
« Reply #1379 on: August 14, 2017, 19:54:18 »
its like national bad luck day today then  :banghead:  :rofl:

Yea, but I had worse luck............ a whole WEEK with no flying.......................   :cry :cry