User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Andy7: Ice: Is it just that it's not arming? Have you set the switch settings in betaflight?
    December 11, 2017, 21:24:23
  • Two-Six: Fixed it yet Ice?
    December 11, 2017, 15:04:23
  • hoverfly: ffs.. :rofl: :rofl:
    December 11, 2017, 14:51:15
  • Bad Raven: No, a nun falling down stairs...............
    December 11, 2017, 14:01:01
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    December 11, 2017, 12:27:30
  • hoverfly: you are probably on a zebra crossing. ::)
    December 11, 2017, 09:49:42
  • Bad Raven: Everything went white, black, white, and is now mostly black again.............
    December 10, 2017, 16:55:37
  • hoverfly: everything has gone white. :shrug:
    December 10, 2017, 12:21:29
  • Icefever: Hi Andy I have a prob with the Tx.  it's bound to the rx but when I try the either gimbel nothing happens....I have a green led on the rx..when connected to beta I can run up the motors but nothing else??help
    December 10, 2017, 09:23:12
  • Andy7: Perfect day to have shaved off the beard.... :(
    December 10, 2017, 09:17:17
  • Saleem: Just dont do it facing the wind
    December 09, 2017, 19:36:25
  • hoverfly: AGHHH  yellow snow warning  :laugh:
    December 09, 2017, 18:49:57
  • Bajadre: sounds a fair price mate
    December 08, 2017, 16:47:54
  • VaNDAL_UK: What would a Walkera 250 PRO with FatShark Predator v2's be worth? I was thinking £250 ish?!
    December 08, 2017, 16:13:15
  • atomiclama: found it
    December 08, 2017, 14:32:26
  • atomiclama: Ah nuts how do I get to my book marks on this site???
    December 08, 2017, 14:28:31
  • Andy7: Found a bonus bunch of grapes when I pruned one of my vines :)
    December 08, 2017, 11:54:37
  • hoverfly: Great the sky has turned blue and Mr Sun has melted the nasty stuff,  shame the wind is ice cold . I spent 20 mins pruning the grape vine as it's long overdue ,  i now have cold urticaria, lumps all over me face, there is a slight improvement  in looks. :smiley:
    December 08, 2017, 11:36:16
  • Andy7: Ah, ya big baby - we had clder than THAT up on Boars Hill
    December 08, 2017, 10:39:27
  • Gav: get the sledge out hover
    December 08, 2017, 10:26:37

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Queries on Wizard, Tiny 7  (Read 242 times)

Offline Stactix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 2
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Queries on Wizard, Tiny 7
« on: August 11, 2017, 15:14:06 »
Hello all,
Just a few questions on issues that I';ve encountered, hopefully not too obvious.

Recently brought the wizard and finally had my maiden flight yesterday (Just LOS Angle mode but it was incredible), stock bar a mushroom Antenna. Have a Swift 2 / LED vtx to put in at some point.
Got through 3 batteries without any issues 1 3s 2 4s, on my last 4s battery one of the props came loose so had a guided crash landing with the wizard ending up upside down. After that one of the motors stopped, so I';ve now replaced an ESC with a racestar v1 20a, updated the software, calibrated but the motor gradually picks up speed up to full throttle with minimum throttle input(It did this before i flashed) . I';ve read around and I';ve seen a couple of comments on these ESC';s on banggood about replacing all 4 if you use V1';s as the stock Wizards are now the V2 version.
I didn';t do the reciever setup with the new ESC, is this required for each new ESC? & I';ve only done the betaflight calibration.
Is there a way around this? I have ordered 3 v2s although I';m not to sure how well 4S works with my stock setup seeing how easily 1 ESC blew, I felt I was quite gentle with the throttle and never really tried testing it';s full capabilities. Is it worth canceling this order and ordering a full set of better ESCs? Or can I made do with what I have + the 3 on order from the time being?

Secondly, I';m not currently using my VTX / camera due to me being a muppet and buying the EV800D without properly checking if it was compatible with a glasses user, would it be worth unplugging the vtx for the time being?
I';m tempted to get some fatsharks and some lenses to put in, I';m pretty shortsighted so not sure if this would work. Any suggestions?

Tiny 7

I also recently brought this but haven';t been able to fly it
 I couldn';t get it to bind although I believe I may of actually bound it on the first try -.- I didn';t realise at the time, that when it';s bound it won';t appear on the transmitter like the Wizard, is this correct?
Second issue I had was that it wouldn';t connect to betaflight, I flashed it to the latest version although had to put some pressure on the port to get it to connect to betaflight. That led to two more issues, one the USB port fell off, two the tiny7 decided it would arm itself on battery insert.
Which was fine at first as it was just normal arm speed.. that unfortunately didn';t last long.. it eventually decided to up the ante and try and chop my fingers off by taking off on battery input although it did keep flipping over. All of this without the transmitter being on.
I';ve now got a replacement on the way, could someone please advise me so I don';t create a second tiny whoop death machine. :P

If anyone has any ideas thankyou!
My first post, reads like a meltdown!

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 487
Re: Queries on Wizard, Tiny 7
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 15:42:10 »

Offline Stactix

• Liked: 2
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Re: Queries on Wizard, Tiny 7