Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by JohnnyJR on 11 Aug 2017
  • Hi,

I am new here and so far I been flying tiny whoop. Now I want to build my first 250 and so I would like to hear your opinion on this build:

Lumenier QAV-R FPV Racing Quadcopter Frame (5" Arms)

DYS F4 Pro Flight Controller With OSD

DYS XSD 30A V2 BLHeli_S Multirotor 3-6S ESC

Lumenier RX2206-11 2350Kv Brushless Motor (2-4S)

FrSky X4R-SB EU LBT 3/16CH Receiver with SBUS, CPPM and Telemetry

Runcam Swift Rotor Riot Special Edition CCD 600TVL Camera

TBS Triumph 5.8GHz Antenna RHCP (SMA) (2 Pack)

Now not sure if to take:

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/tbs-unify-pro-5g8-hv-58ghz-mini-fpv-transmitter-race-sma

or

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/immersionrc-tramp-hv-58ghz-video-transmitter-sma

what mW would you recommend for free style? and if I want to race in a future isn't it better to have 25/200mW?

HQProp 5x4x3 Glass Fibre Composite Tri-Blade Propellers (2x CW + 2x CCW)

HobbyRC Race Spec 1400mAh 4S 95C-190C LiPo Battery

So far I have FrSKY Taranis and Fatshark Dominator V3 with Fat Shark 5.8Ghz 32ch Race Band Receiver

Thanks for all suggestions
  • #2 by Cheredanine on 11 Aug 2017
  • Hi,

I am new here and so far I been flying tiny whoop. Now I want to build my first 250 and so I would like to hear your opinion on this build:
    Hi, ok assuming this is for acro/freestyle
    Let's poke it about a bit
    Lumenier QAV-R FPV Racing Quadcopter Frame (5" Arms)
    Good solid frame, lumenier are always a little pricey.
    No real issues with it though other than price, I would probably suggest you consider a qav210 charpu edition, blindingly good box frame
    DYS F4 Pro Flight Controller With OSD

Reasonable, not overly happy about combined fc/osd and pdb boards, but a reasonable choice
    DYS XSD 30A V2 BLHeli_S Multirotor 3-6S ESC
    Way overkill
    If you are going with blheli_s get spedix es25, cheaper and as good or better
    Consider blheli_32 as it is the next generation
    Littlebee summer escs
    Wraith32
    Both good examples
    Lumenier RX2206-11 2350Kv Brushless Motor (2-4S)
    Hmm ledgendry acro motors, however most lumenier I have had recently have some verticle play, it is with tolerance but it is enough to make prop wash a nightmare to tune out

Recomend you consider either
    Brother hobby returner r4 2206
    Or
    T-motor f40 pro
    Both better motors
    FrSky X4R-SB EU LBT 3/16CH Receiver with SBUS, CPPM and Telemetry
    Nowerdays I use xm+, smaller lighter and cheaper but if you want telemetry in the radio use an xsr
    Runcam Swift Rotor Riot Special Edition CCD 600TVL Camera
    Honestly? It is a hs1177 with a gopro 2 lense in it
    Up to you though
    TBS Triumph 5.8GHz Antenna RHCP (SMA) (2 Pack)

Now not sure if to take:

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/tbs-unify-pro-5g8-hv-58ghz-mini-fpv-transmitter-race-sma

or

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/immersionrc-tramp-hv-58ghz-video-transmitter-sma
    Both have their followers, me I use the tbs on all my builds, but doesn't make much difference one way or another

Legally in the uk you have to use 25mw
    what mW would you recommend for free style? and if I want to race in a future isn't it better to have 25/200mW?

HQProp 5x4x3 Glass Fibre Composite Tri-Blade Propellers (2x CW + 2x CCW)
    Cool although I would consider the 5x4.3x3, throttle curve is more linear, or gemfan flash for absolutely locked in
    HobbyRC Race Spec 1400mAh 4S 95C-190C LiPo Battery

So far I have FrSKY Taranis and Fatshark Dominator V3 with Fat Shark 5.8Ghz 32ch Race Band Receiver

Thanks for all suggestions
  • #3 by JohnnyJR on 12 Aug 2017
  • Hi, yes it is supposed to be an acro one.
     I don´t mind paying more and I like this frame.
    What setup would you recommend compare to DYS F4 if you not happy with it?
    ESC: what about Spedix GS30 BLHeli_32 ESC don't see the difference in price.
    Motors: don´t see why not to buy this: https://www.electricwingman.com/returner-r4-2300kv  ~~
    Telemetry: not sure if I need it. Can I use just OSD instead?
    Camera: someone recommended it to me. can change if you recommend some different one.
    TBS receiver it is then. thanks for your opinion
    Props: I will try all of them and see what they are :-)

Thanks for all your help. I like your builds :-) 
  • #4 by Cheredanine on 12 Aug 2017
  • Hi, yes it is supposed to be an acro one.
     I don´t mind paying more and I like this frame.
    So completely appreciate that, and I own many frames where I have done just that, just making it clear that in this case it is massively overpriced, the 210 charpu, which is 2/3 of the price, is overpriced, you can get a Chinese clone for 1/3 its price, however won't labour the point.
    What setup would you recommend compare to DYS F4 if you not happy with it?
    hmm should have kept my mouth shut, the dys works and is a reasonable ply good example of this type of fc, my issue is with the general type, and it is that you have rapidly switching/fluctuating high current connections running through the same board as sensitive feeds (the gyro and the video feed) this is partly mitigated by capacitance (there tends not to be much space on these boards for caps) and partly by distance (interference is reduced by the square if the distance)
    They therefore make me a little nervous, but people fly them, I even have one or two, so it is more unease than anything else, by all means use it, worse case you have to add an LESR capacitor
    ESC: what about Spedix GS30 BLHeli_32 ESC don't see the difference in price.
    Not used the spedix blheli32, I would happily use them, the spedix blheli_s have been blinding, did not include them and others due to lack of personal experiance is all
    Motors: don´t see why not to buy this: https://www.electricwingman.com/returner-r4-2300kv  ~~
    For an acro quad, just YES
    Telemetry: not sure if I need it. Can I use just OSD instead?
    What telemetry people want and how they want it available is a personal choice, there is no right answer other than you need some awareness of the lipo. The answer to your q is absolutely, I only use osd and only want lipo voltage

Camera: someone recommended it to me. can change if you recommend some different one.
    That cam is basically a hs1177 with a GoPro 2 lense, you can get that, other common alternatives are the runcam swift and Foxeer arrow, but both have built in osd, which you don't need or want as you have on the fc
    TBS receiver it is then. thanks for your opinion
    Props: I will try all of them and see what they are :-)

Thanks for all your help. I like your builds :-)
    you mean tx?
    No oroblem
Pages:
Actions