Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Dippi on 11 Aug 2017
  • Well since my last esc issue, i have had to change a motor and an esc. but encounter a strange problem.

All 4 motors don't run simultaneously, i can't find the issue.

The motor and esc on arm 1 are new and have been configured individually for the throttle points. The motor just doesn't spin or has some strange shake and then doesn't do anything.

To check that i connect motor 1 to esc 2 and motor 2 to esc 1 and then the motor 2 does the same issue.

When i dismantle the esc and the motor and try to configure the end points 1 by 1 all 4 are ok.

What could be the issue, is it the Fc?
  • #2 by Dippi on 11 Aug 2017
  • #3 by atomiclama on 11 Aug 2017
  • From your description the problem stays with the ESC on arm 1 when you swap motors.

So motors are ok.

I'd say you have a duff ESC. looks like it can't detect the BEMF to get the motor spinning correctly.

Maybe a badly soldered resistor or capacitor.

Take the ESC off and check all the components under a magnifying glass, look for shorts and bad soldering.

Which ESC is it. Cheap unbranded ones are more likely to be shoddily made.
  • #4 by Dippi on 11 Aug 2017
  • From your description the problem stays with the ESC on arm 1 when you swap motors.

So motors are ok.

I'd say you have a duff ESC. looks like it can't detect the BEMF to get the motor spinning correctly.

Maybe a badly soldered resistor or capacitor.

Take the ESC off and check all the components under a magnifying glass, look for shorts and bad soldering.

Which ESC is it. Cheap unbranded ones are more likely to be shoddily made.

Yes you are absolutely right, i have these basic esc which i have been using on my quad, and needed to replace a few so ordered the same ones, which is a mistake. seems they are dud, as i changed to other ones and all are fine, so a bad batch.

Thank you so much for taking time to respond to this stupid post:

I have also some little bee S spring 30a esc but have to find out how to use them, and configure them.

Also need to find out how to flash underhanded esc to Blheli, the card and usb linker method don't work, but i was reading there are a few other methods by soldering a wire on the esc straight, i wish i could find the right link to do that.
  • #5 by atomiclama on 11 Aug 2017
  • Also need to find out how to flash underhanded esc to Blheli, the card and usb linker method don't work, but i was reading there are a few other methods by soldering a wire on the esc straight, i wish i could find the right link to do that.

Download and extract blhelisuite
    https://blhelisuite.wordpress.com/

go into the manuals directory and check through the "supported" .pdf to see if you esc is supported. If you can't find them in the document, chuck them in the bin.

If you need to direct programme the ESC then checkout the "programming adapters".pdf file

Sit back get yourself a coffee or 2 or 3 and start reading.

Be warned it's not easy for a beginner.

I value my time more than getting old stuff working, I'd just bin the old stuff and get some decent new ESC.
    Unless you are doing this for the fun then go for it.  ::)

• #6 by Dippi on 11 Aug 2017
  • Download and extract blhelisuite
    https://blhelisuite.wordpress.com/

go into the manuals directory and check through the "supported" .pdf to see if you esc is supported. If you can't find them in the document, chuck them in the bin.

If you need to direct programme the ESC then checkout the "programming adapters".pdf file

Sit back get yourself a coffee or 2 or 3 and start reading.

Be warned it's not easy for a beginner.

I value my time more than getting old stuff working, I'd just bin the old stuff and get some decent new ESC.
    Unless you are doing this for the fun then go for it.  ::)

What is your take on Blheli ---- littlebee S spring 30a or is there something else you would recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #7 by atomiclama on 11 Aug 2017
  • BlHeli_S and LittleBee are both good.

You have them so give them ago and see what you think.
Pages:
Actions