User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Icefever: Bad R...I have matey here..[link].
    December 12, 2017, 15:30:28
  • Bad Raven: IF/A7, a summary thread would enable more people to look and comment, its too big here!
    December 12, 2017, 07:05:40
  • Icefever: I've set the failsafe in the TX setting that's all..there's no connection between the TX and quad. at all..
    December 12, 2017, 03:40:10
  • Icefever: Andy..I've only messed with the failsafe one...but not in Beta.
    December 12, 2017, 03:38:04
  • Andy7: Ice: Is it just that it's not arming? Have you set the switch settings in betaflight?
    December 11, 2017, 21:24:23
  • Two-Six: Fixed it yet Ice?
    December 11, 2017, 15:04:23
  • hoverfly: ffs.. :rofl: :rofl:
    December 11, 2017, 14:51:15
  • Bad Raven: No, a nun falling down stairs...............
    December 11, 2017, 14:01:01
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    December 11, 2017, 12:27:30
  • hoverfly: you are probably on a zebra crossing. ::)
    December 11, 2017, 09:49:42
  • Bad Raven: Everything went white, black, white, and is now mostly black again.............
    December 10, 2017, 16:55:37
  • hoverfly: everything has gone white. :shrug:
    December 10, 2017, 12:21:29
  • Icefever: Hi Andy I have a prob with the Tx.  it's bound to the rx but when I try the either gimbel nothing happens....I have a green led on the rx..when connected to beta I can run up the motors but nothing else??help
    December 10, 2017, 09:23:12
  • Andy7: Perfect day to have shaved off the beard.... :(
    December 10, 2017, 09:17:17
  • Saleem: Just dont do it facing the wind
    December 09, 2017, 19:36:25
  • hoverfly: AGHHH  yellow snow warning  :laugh:
    December 09, 2017, 18:49:57
  • Bajadre: sounds a fair price mate
    December 08, 2017, 16:47:54
  • VaNDAL_UK: What would a Walkera 250 PRO with FatShark Predator v2's be worth? I was thinking £250 ish?!
    December 08, 2017, 16:13:15
  • atomiclama: found it
    December 08, 2017, 14:32:26
  • atomiclama: Ah nuts how do I get to my book marks on this site???
    December 08, 2017, 14:28:31

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Taranis or Radiolink  (Read 565 times)

Offline Dippi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 14
  • S500 - Naza M Lite - Next build using 3510 360kv
Taranis or Radiolink
« on: August 03, 2017, 15:08:29 »
Presently using a Flysky FS i6.

Which model and make of RX AND TX would you recommend with 9 to 10 channels? And Why?

It should have max functions as poss and not tooo pricy.

And when buying what should check, do these models usually have everything you need to use them or o you need to buy additional stuff.

Is buying a used one recommended? If yes what precautions to take. Or Better to get a new one.

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 487
Re: Taranis or Radiolink
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 15:35:42 »
What is wrong with the i6? You can flash the Firmware to 10ch and have voltage and rssi alarms on tx?

What features would you like on a new tx/rx?

I think that the taranis is just the tx, you will need the appropriate rx. They you have to set it up!!!
Have a look at some uTube videos on setting up taranis. While they are immensely feature packed they do require quite a bit of setting up. 

Online Bad Raven

• Liked: 384
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 15:51:56 »
As you may know I run a Spektrum DX9, a Futaba 10CG, a Taranis, two Horus, and a FlySkyFS-i6. (And more, but hey......................)

The FlySky is a lovely little Tx but it is limited (even if reflashed) by its small number and variety of switches, etc. And ultimately its four individual cell battery has friction connections that may (or may not) become an issue.

Best of the lot for you based on your fast increasing experience is IMO the Taranis. You can get receivers from miniscule to meaty, innumerable sensors for its telemetry, and it';ll do near anything at a reasonable price. Its been around "forever" and is well supported by Video and other help.

There is a new "10" coming which may or may not replace it, so if you hang on the Taranis might have a price drop. However, if its going to have anything like the Horus gestation, don';t hold breath.

Offline Dippi

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 15:53:28 »
Nothing is wrong, i was reading and found that some of versions of Taranis and Radiolink TX';s have built in OSD and telemetry. I don';t know if i understood it correctly.

Would i still need a separate module with these TX';s or does the RX come with telemetry built in.

Another dumb question, i have updated the firmware to 10 channels, do i need to update the Rx also to 10 channels unit to be able to have voltage and rssi alarms.

(May be i will stay away from these complex TX';s for the movement, as suggested. I seem to have unnecessarily confused myself, i guess).

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 888
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 15:54:12 »
I would say taranis, hands down. That said why do you want everything? I mean if you are doing something major you are looking at jetis and the like.
For quads a turnigy evo is fine.
And ched has two good points, I have a taranis and a tango, it takes about 5 seconds to setup the tango for a new craft, it takes 15 mins or so to setup the taranis

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 888
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 15:54:51 »
What are you flying?

Offline Dippi

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 15:55:28 »

There is a new "10" coming which may or may not replace it, so if you hang on the Taranis might have a price drop. However, if its going to have anything like the Horus gestation, don';t hold breath.

Care to elaborate on this more. Thanks.

Online Bad Raven

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 15:59:06 »
Care to elaborate on this more. Thanks.

No, Non-Disclosure Agreement!  Do some searching.............  ;)

Personally the way consumer electronics is changing, I';d only move on from the FS-i6 when it really REALLY does not do what you NEED any more, and I doubt that';s now!

Offline Dippi

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 16:01:19 »
No, Non-Disclosure Agreement!  Do some searching.............  ;)

Personally the way consumer electronics is changing, I';d only move on from the FS-i6 when it really REALLY does not do what you NEED any more, and I doubt that';s now!

Would you recommend a Taranis TX+Rx set to get to read on it for future trade.

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 16:14:45 »
Nothing is wrong, i was reading and found that some of versions of Taranis and Radiolink TX';s have built in OSD and telemetry. I don';t know if i understood it correctly.

Would i still need a separate module with these TX';s or does the RX come with telemetry built in.

Another dumb question, i have updated the firmware to 10 channels, do i need to update the Rx also to 10 channels unit to be able to have voltage and rssi alarms.
I use a ia10 rx https://goo.gl/8bRQdTon my F450 with a Voltage module https://goo.gl/Lg26PR.
On my Martian 3 I use an X6B rx https://goo.gl/snPtyp as it is small and have voltage telemetry built in.

As for RSSI, I have not been following the modifications to the firmware but I believe there is now a way to setup RSSi telemetry on the tx. I think it is something to do with assigning a channel to rssi and sort of looping it back via rx. There are also timers, flight battery and rssi alarms I think.
Have a look here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2486545-FlySky-FS-i6-8-channels-firmware-patch%21/page158 It';s a long thread and some of it is very complex. There is also a GitHub page about it.

I haven';t looked at the rssi bit yet as I want to get the new Martian 3 airborne before I make any changes to my tx.

Online Bad Raven

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 11:12:42 »
Would you recommend a Taranis TX+Rx set to get to read on it for future trade.

Of all the Tx I have come across IMO the Taranis is the best most programmable AND economic one around. The Horus is a great piece of kit but functionally adds little that is essential. Currently I am slowly moving my MR';s across to Horus, even from Taranis, more because I have them than because I gain any significant advantage, for example, its colour screen does make moving around easier, but its no game changer.

With how cheap FlySky Rx are, continuing with that make is not going to price you down a dead end that you would waste money to extract from.

If on a tight budget or with other wants like other quads I';d stick as now and watch for when the new "10" likely depresses the sale price of unsold Taranis

Offline Dippi

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 12:48:52 »

With how cheap FlySky Rx are, continuing with that make is not going to price you down a dead end that you would waste money to extract from.

If on a tight budget or with other wants like other quads I';d stick as now and watch for when the new "10" likely depresses the sale price of unsold Taranis

I think i will stick with my modifies FS i6 and then as i get better and my demands grow, will do a research and move to another TX.

Many thanks for your advice.

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 14:41:05 »

Offline Dippi

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 18:24:32 »