User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Icefever: At last the TX is talking to the FC...now I can get on with sorting out the next part
    December 14, 2017, 15:40:20
  • Icefever: Bad R...I have matey here..[link].
    December 12, 2017, 15:30:28
  • Bad Raven: IF/A7, a summary thread would enable more people to look and comment, its too big here!
    December 12, 2017, 07:05:40
  • Icefever: I've set the failsafe in the TX setting that's all..there's no connection between the TX and quad. at all..
    December 12, 2017, 03:40:10
  • Icefever: Andy..I've only messed with the failsafe one...but not in Beta.
    December 12, 2017, 03:38:04
  • Andy7: Ice: Is it just that it's not arming? Have you set the switch settings in betaflight?
    December 11, 2017, 21:24:23
  • Two-Six: Fixed it yet Ice?
    December 11, 2017, 15:04:23
  • hoverfly: ffs.. :rofl: :rofl:
    December 11, 2017, 14:51:15
  • Bad Raven: No, a nun falling down stairs...............
    December 11, 2017, 14:01:01
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    December 11, 2017, 12:27:30
  • hoverfly: you are probably on a zebra crossing. ::)
    December 11, 2017, 09:49:42
  • Bad Raven: Everything went white, black, white, and is now mostly black again.............
    December 10, 2017, 16:55:37
  • hoverfly: everything has gone white. :shrug:
    December 10, 2017, 12:21:29
  • Icefever: Hi Andy I have a prob with the Tx.  it's bound to the rx but when I try the either gimbel nothing happens....I have a green led on the rx..when connected to beta I can run up the motors but nothing else??help
    December 10, 2017, 09:23:12
  • Andy7: Perfect day to have shaved off the beard.... :(
    December 10, 2017, 09:17:17
  • Saleem: Just dont do it facing the wind
    December 09, 2017, 19:36:25
  • hoverfly: AGHHH  yellow snow warning  :laugh:
    December 09, 2017, 18:49:57
  • Bajadre: sounds a fair price mate
    December 08, 2017, 16:47:54
  • VaNDAL_UK: What would a Walkera 250 PRO with FatShark Predator v2's be worth? I was thinking £250 ish?!
    December 08, 2017, 16:13:15
  • atomiclama: found it
    December 08, 2017, 14:32:26

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 51
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: BYOD Strix Goblin Build - Opinions  (Read 59 times)

Offline BYODMIKE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 6
BYOD Strix Goblin Build - Opinions
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:52:21 »
BYOD have just had the opportunity to build the almighty Strix Goblin for one of our good customers!

We are using the following hardware/setup;

-Stock propulsion system (Motor/ESC) w/ APC-E 6x4 Prop and Gensace 4S 4000mAh 25C Lipo
-Eagle Tree Vector Autopilot/OSD w/ GPS
-Runcam Swift v2 Camera w/ 2.3mm 150FOV Lens
-ImmersionRC 2.4Ghz 700mW Video Tx (supplied by customer, we used our ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz 25mW w/ Spironet Antenna for test flying)
-2.4Ghz Cloverleaf Antenna
-TBS Crossfire Long Range Tx & TBS Crossfire 8ch Diversity Rx
- FrSky Taranis X9D Plus Radio

The model flies extremely well, very smooth with a wide speed envelope and docile handling near the stall. However it's important to make sure that your control throws, expo, CofG and reflex are set up accurately, follow the manuals recommendations. We feel that more experienced pilots could handle a little more control throw.

We were impressed with the material quality and fitment of the air frame parts. The finish on the foam wings is fantastic and could be prepped very quickly if you wanted to paint them. The servo's, control horns and push rods are ample for the job, but we would recommend using loctite on the push rod stoppers for extra security. We found that a couple of the wing bolts did not line up perfectly, but the holes can be slightly enlarged to fix this.

Use some fine grit sandpaper around the fuselage opening as the plastic is very abrasive on your skin when trying to get your hands in there.

The stickers are of good quality and go on well, but particularly on the wings it's worth trying to seal the edges down better. We found that Deluxe Materials EzCote works well and is safe this type of foam.

This is a very exciting model to fly and is most suitable for short range, high speed flight. We recommend that you use a large field to operate this model from, as the landing approach speed is relatively high due to a very low drag air frame and higher wing loading when adding the Vector etc. This model will not float around like a foamy so a long flat landing approach is required.

Hand launching was easy enough, we climbed out on around 70% throttle with a hefty throw at around 30 degrees nose up without any problems. It's recommended not to use 100% throttle for takeoff as the model has a tendency to torque roll.

Overall this is a decent quality model for the money, and a great FPV platform. We would not recommend this as your first model whether you intend to fly line of sight or FPV, we would say this is aimed at more intermediate to advanced pilots.

If anyone is considering one of these, but does have the time/expertise to put one together then we can build them to your requirements at a reasonable cost. For any inquiries please email us using info@buildyourowndrone.co.uk, or call us on 0118 40 20 775.

``
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 16:16:52 by BYODMIKE »