User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Icefever: At last the TX is talking to the FC...now I can get on with sorting out the next part
    December 14, 2017, 15:40:20
  • Icefever: Bad R...I have matey here..[link].
    December 12, 2017, 15:30:28
  • Bad Raven: IF/A7, a summary thread would enable more people to look and comment, its too big here!
    December 12, 2017, 07:05:40
  • Icefever: I've set the failsafe in the TX setting that's all..there's no connection between the TX and quad. at all..
    December 12, 2017, 03:40:10
  • Icefever: Andy..I've only messed with the failsafe one...but not in Beta.
    December 12, 2017, 03:38:04
  • Andy7: Ice: Is it just that it's not arming? Have you set the switch settings in betaflight?
    December 11, 2017, 21:24:23
  • Two-Six: Fixed it yet Ice?
    December 11, 2017, 15:04:23
  • hoverfly: ffs.. :rofl: :rofl:
    December 11, 2017, 14:51:15
  • Bad Raven: No, a nun falling down stairs...............
    December 11, 2017, 14:01:01
  • DarkButterfly: :laugh:
    December 11, 2017, 12:27:30
  • hoverfly: you are probably on a zebra crossing. ::)
    December 11, 2017, 09:49:42
  • Bad Raven: Everything went white, black, white, and is now mostly black again.............
    December 10, 2017, 16:55:37
  • hoverfly: everything has gone white. :shrug:
    December 10, 2017, 12:21:29
  • Icefever: Hi Andy I have a prob with the Tx.  it's bound to the rx but when I try the either gimbel nothing happens....I have a green led on the rx..when connected to beta I can run up the motors but nothing else??help
    December 10, 2017, 09:23:12
  • Andy7: Perfect day to have shaved off the beard.... :(
    December 10, 2017, 09:17:17
  • Saleem: Just dont do it facing the wind
    December 09, 2017, 19:36:25
  • hoverfly: AGHHH  yellow snow warning  :laugh:
    December 09, 2017, 18:49:57
  • Bajadre: sounds a fair price mate
    December 08, 2017, 16:47:54
  • VaNDAL_UK: What would a Walkera 250 PRO with FatShark Predator v2's be worth? I was thinking £250 ish?!
    December 08, 2017, 16:13:15
  • atomiclama: found it
    December 08, 2017, 14:32:26

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Xiaomi 4k Update  (Read 301 times)

Offline Will Slater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 16
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Xiaomi 4k Update
« on: December 06, 2017, 14:17:05 »
I've mostly been lurking since I joined, 'cos I like to think of myself as the strong silent type (actually I'm more like a grumpy child in the corner, but meh). I've had the Mi Drone for a while now so I thought I'd post a few wee videos I've put together - I'm still learning to fly and film really, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of a it a little bit.

I'll not waffle on for ages, but if anyone's interested I've been writing a blog about the Mi and learning to fly at http://www.cleanslateimages.co.uk/

Offline Bajadre

• Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 182
Re: Xiaomi 4k Update
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 16:50:33 »
Great footage will  :cool: your defo getting the hang of her  :beer2:  ~~
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Offline apollo7

• Liked: 580
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 16:57:14 »
Still waiting for my Mi 4K, i am 5 days away from opening a paypal dispute so its starting to look like i wont be joining this club after all, though its winter and would not kill me to order from Banggood when i get refund, wont ever use Gearbest again
S550 with Naza and Phantom 3, Falcon evo 1340 wing, AQ600 Quad
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Offline Will Slater

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 17:17:45 »
Cheers Bajadre!

How long have you been waiting apollo7? That's a right pain, I've only ever ordered cheap stuff from there (but I'm waiting on delivery of a handle for the Mi gimbal as we speak).

Offline apollo7

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 19:16:59 »
I placed my order on the 11.11.17, so still in with a chance, its just the ruddy tracking shows it still waiting courier collection in China, and Gearbest are proving to be feckin useless, this WILL be my last ever order with this firm

Offline Will Slater

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 19:43:06 »
Yeah I feel like if nothing goes wrong then they're great, but if it does then they're not much use. Fingers crossed you get it sorted.

Offline iRobot

• Liked: 575
  • Leftover parts are just proof you made it better..
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 20:23:45 »
I placed my order on the 11.11.17, so still in with a chance, its just the ruddy tracking shows it still waiting courier collection in China, and Gearbest are proving to be feckin useless, this WILL be my last ever order with this firm

Its a long hard wait  :(
My ebay delivery from China only came on Monday (4th),and I'd ordered and paid on 9th November. Tracking was useless on the Chineseium side, and the route  through Belgium was non existence.
I personally won't use Gearbest anymore, and if I do purchase anything from Chinaland I limit me spend to 50 pound max, as I'm prepared to right that amount off if it goes pear-shaped,,,,, I'd rather not because I'm not well of.
I'm sure it will all come good, and you'll be buzzing the sky's soon enough  ::)
There getting good reviews !

Offline apollo7

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 20:45:35 »
Its a long hard wait  :(
My ebay delivery from China only came on Monday (4th),and I'd ordered and paid on 9th November. Tracking was useless on the Chineseium side, and the route  through Belgium was non existence.
I personally won't use Gearbest anymore, and if I do purchase anything from Chinaland I limit me spend to 50 pound max, as I'm prepared to right that amount off if it goes pear-shaped,,,,, I'd rather not because I'm not well of.
I'm sure it will all come good, and you'll be buzzing the sky's soon enough  ::)
There getting good reviews !

When im placed my order Gearbest were about £40 cheaper than banggood, at least i paid with paypal so if it dont turn up i can do a dispute, though i have heard Gearbest try to fob this of, but time will tell, annoying thing is i paid extra on shipping and the tracking is useless

Offline iRobot

• Liked: 575
  • Leftover parts are just proof you made it better..
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 20:59:44 »
PayPal is good  ~~ had a full dispute with Gearbest on my faulty hubsan 501s,,,paypal got me a FULL refund  :smiley:

Offline LuMan

• Liked: 262
  • Aviation G33K
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 16:55:00 »
Sorry to hear you're having a nightmare with Gear Best, Apollo. I've only ordered from them once. They failed to send 2 of the 4 motors I ordered, asked me to WEIGH the package, asked me to photograph the packaging, asked me to contact Royal Mail, then claimed that the package had been opened, because it was 'evident in the photographs.' I pointed out that I HAD to OPEN the package in order to DISCOVER that there were 2 motors MISSING. They offered my a voucher, equivalent to about 2/3 of a motor. I declined. They went quiet. I lost the motivation to follow up.... Then, out of the blue, they sent me a singular motor. Totally unmatched to the ones I had originally recevied  :banghead:

So, no more Gear Best for me.  :thumbdown:

@Will - I was also looking at one of these as a cheaper alternative to a Phantom. Looks like you're getting some good footage. I may consider it a bit more...  :smiley:
550 Hex
STOL-500
Huajun HJ816 (broken)
250 Quad (in planning)
Cheerson CX-10/A
Syma X11C
RC IR Chinook
RC Bug thing...
...and lots of broken stuff!

Offline apollo7

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 17:22:04 »
Sorry to hear you're having a nightmare with Gear Best, Apollo. I've only ordered from them once. They failed to send 2 of the 4 motors I ordered, asked me to WEIGH the package, asked me to photograph the packaging, asked me to contact Royal Mail, then claimed that the package had been opened, because it was 'evident in the photographs.' I pointed out that I HAD to OPEN the package in order to DISCOVER that there were 2 motors MISSING. They offered my a voucher, equivalent to about 2/3 of a motor. I declined. They went quiet. I lost the motivation to follow up.... Then, out of the blue, they sent me a singular motor. Totally unmatched to the ones I had originally recevied  :banghead:

So, no more Gear Best for me.  :thumbdown:

@Will - I was also looking at one of these as a cheaper alternative to a Phantom. Looks like you're getting some good footage. I may consider it a bit more...  :smiley:

I have had a reply on the gearbest dispute asking me to be patient for another 8 days, this is after them asking me to wait 10 days nearly a week ago,so they are asking me to wait another 13 days.
My reply "refund me within 24 hours or i open a paypal dispute" will not be buying from them ever again and this has jaded my excitement of getting the Mi, as from what i have read GB will do very best to fob me of on the paypal dispute :evil............This leaves me in the situation of wanting a replacement camera drone so i can get away from DJI but nothing to get

Offline LuMan

• Aviation G33K
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 18:14:07 »
I have had a reply on the gearbest dispute asking me to be patient for another 8 days, this is after them asking me to wait 10 days nearly a week ago,so they are asking me to wait another 13 days.
My reply "refund me within 24 hours or i open a paypal dispute" will not be buying from them ever again and this has jaded my excitement of getting the Mi, as from what i have read GB will do very best to fob me of on the paypal dispute :evil............This leaves me in the situation of wanting a replacement camera drone so i can get away from DJI but nothing to get

Pfft... they don't even deserve text space here. I hope it gets sorted quickly.

As for a camera drone, I've started building a gps camera drone out of an old 280 frame I've got kicking about. I reckon I can get it airborne for under 200 quid! You thought of building another???  ;)
550 Hex
STOL-500
Huajun HJ816 (broken)
250 Quad (in planning)
Cheerson CX-10/A
Syma X11C
RC IR Chinook
RC Bug thing...

Offline apollo7

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 19:01:08 »
Pfft... they don't even deserve text space here. I hope it gets sorted quickly.

As for a camera drone, I've started building a gps camera drone out of an old 280 frame I've got kicking about. I reckon I can get it airborne for under 200 quid! You thought of building another???  ;)

looked into all this building and having built a good few gps drones you cant build a drone with a decent camera with live view and the sort of range like the chinese factories do with out spending a huge amount of money, might have to wait out for a used yuneec Q500....or just forget about the whole deal

Offline LuMan

• Aviation G33K
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 19:21:22 »
I see your point, apollo. I considered a runcam split, but action cams are getting so small and light that you can fit a smallish 4K cam AND an fpv jobbie on the same gimbal.

But a pre-made solution with actual camera control off the Tx saves a lot of hassle... :hmm:
550 Hex
STOL-500
Huajun HJ816 (broken)
250 Quad (in planning)
Cheerson CX-10/A
Syma X11C
RC IR Chinook
RC Bug thing...

Offline apollo7

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 22:02:13 »
Guess what, latest reply is asking me to wait till Dec 28th, saying this is within shipping time, that would make about 49 days..........err NO, starting a paypal dispute as tracking shows its not in the UK maybe still in China

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 847
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 09:21:14 »
I gave up ordering from China when several packets from different companies  disappeared  into the void, two of them arrived at Heathrow sorting and the tracking then stopped. there was no way of contacting the place or if there was i couldn't find it. :angry:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
Spektrum DX 8 with mode knob conversion.Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks..

Offline apollo7

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 16:01:31 »
I gave up ordering from China when several packets from different companies  disappeared  into the void, two of them arrived at Heathrow sorting and the tracking then stopped. there was no way of contacting the place or if there was i couldn't find it. :angry:

I am more than happy to continue shopping with Banggood but no more with Gearbest

Offline Will Slater

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 13:04:07 »
@apollo7 proper gutted that you've had such a faff from Gearbest, my gimbal handle showed up at the weekend (but that was under 50 quid). Seems pretty good too.

@LuMan I'm really impressed with the Mi, but for balance I've not owned any other stuff (ie DJI or Yuneec etc) so can't really compare it. From what I've seen it's nowhere near the quality of the P4 (but then it's about a third of the price) but much closer to the P3 family with a couple of minor drawbacks (no follow me / tracking mode which doesn't really bother me, and no manual control on the camera or ability to add filters which does bother me a little bit but I can live with for the price). If you're anywhere near Hull (or anywhere I visit) you're welcome to have a look!

Offline apollo7

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 17:06:02 »
Will, yes i really am gutted about the whole sorry issue, i have a paypal report on going that i am going to esculate to dispute in the next few days, maybe i am being impatient but i placed my order on the 11.11.17
I really want the Mi 4k drone but i am now proper considering rehashing my AQ600 into a new frame and staying with self build

Offline Will Slater

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 21:31:03 »
Nah I totally agree, that's taking the mick, there's no reason for it to take that long.

Offline apollo7

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 17:31:14 »
I have now done full dispute on paypal, i have heard they did not have stock just want my money back now, they can stick the drone where the sun dont shine