Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Will Slater on 23 Oct 2017
  • Morning all! Just joined up here (after a bit of lurking) having taken the plunge and acquired a second hand (but unflown) Xiaomi 4k drone. I';ve not flown it yet due to the epic wind at the weekend but really looking forward to getting it in the air!

Xiaomi is my first foray into the world of "proper" drones but I';ve flown quite a few (from widdly little living room ones up to the brushless Hubsan X4) so I';m not a complete beginner.

I';ll probably be asking all sorts of stupid questions soon...
  • #2 by ched999uk on 23 Oct 2017
  • :welcome:
  • #3 by hoverfly on 23 Oct 2017
  •  :welcome: There is no escape,  :rofl:
  • #4 by Will Slater on 23 Oct 2017
  • Ta very much! I can see this being a very expensive hobby (like I need another one of those...)

I';m coming at it from a photography point of view, but I';ve been looking at some of the threads about self building and getting ideas for a winter project already. I like the idea of something without all the GPS assist and such that';s a bit more of a pure flying experience.
  • #5 by Cheredanine on 23 Oct 2017
  • #6 by Will Slater on 24 Oct 2017
  • Aye I';ve been browsing through some of the build threads with great interest, something small to chuck around looks like it would be great fun!
  • #7 by Icefever on 28 Oct 2017
  • Hi & welcome Will....I';m a newbie about to start building a 300......so I';m + 1 with all that the others have said mate....you';re in the best place.
  • #8 by Gaza07 on 28 Oct 2017
  • Welcome to the forum  ~~  :beer2:
  • #9 by Rammylad on 28 Oct 2017
  • Welcome Will, good to have you on board  :welcome:
  • #10 by Will Slater on 30 Oct 2017
  • Cheers all! Took the Xiaomi out for its maiden flight yesterday and had a whale of a time, though it felt a bit like it was doing most of the work (because it was).

Definitely keen on building in the future, once I learn a bit more.
  • #11 by Jakalas on 05 Dec 2017
  •  :welcome:
Pages:
Actions