Pages:
Actions
  • #1471 by Bad Raven on 13 Sep 2017
  • #1472 by Bajadre on 13 Sep 2017
  • Sounds nice that raven  ~~
  • #1473 by Reman on 13 Sep 2017
  • #1474 by Bad Raven on 13 Sep 2017
  • Sounds nice that raven  ~~

Thanks, i did a fair bit to get the best prop combination for speed while sensibly within our noise regs and subjective "noise". By subjective noise I mean the pitch, in the same way a speedboat may emit the same noise as a jet-ski, but will be subjectively far better as it has not got the Jet-ski';s annoying high pitch. 

This model could easily be faster, if noise were not a sensible (or compulsory)  thing to limit.

I have withdrawn on test some electrics as they are just too much for our location, even though we are allowed 82dB(A), usually enabling by further mods to drive train.

I bought a decent noise meter BTW, so my testing is not all subjective!
  • #1475 by Bad Raven on 13 Sep 2017
  • #1476 by Bad Raven on 16 Sep 2017
  • Twas, yesterday now, but I had a few decent flights with my newest 250. Managed to break an "unbreakable" prop when the receiver aerial Vee released one wedge aerial into a rear prop path, and the FC lost all stability. Interestingly the aerial survived with a little scratch!

So into the prop box I carry with a small selection of suitable, and then fit, no issue. Check tight and take off, all OK until throttle up fast to pull out into circuit, when it emitted the loudest scream I have ever heard come from a model.  :blink

Land, check tight, take off..........OK, throttle up, same.    :huh

Back to the pits bench, and the problem becomes clear, the replacement same size same shape DAL prop (on a front prop) actually has a smaller flat on the boss underside, and while its OK for the nut, the MOTOR serrations are outside its diameter, so the prop was being clamped to a smooth surface by the serrated nut. While the nut was staying tight, these extremely high torque motors could still make it skid!

Once known to look for, another from the box had the slightly larger (more normal?) boss, was fitted, and all well again.

NOW, good job that didn';t happen more violently in air at speed, and a thing I will certainly now check for, more than just "is it tight"!!   :sweating:
  • #1477 by Bad Raven on 16 Sep 2017
  • So, today I get to the field, virtually no wind but dull overcast threatening rain and everything on the ground wringing wet.

Gave the Blade 230S a good thrashing for two batteries, then, as still no wind,  I chose to fly the Aurora 90 around the patch edge as a course.  First flight, the near new 800mAh 2S battery unexpectedly sagged very very early and while short circling to land it went into LVC, and landed itself into the patch edging, right where the grass cutters yesterday had dumped the grass cuttings.  :blink

It emerged with wet grass stuck into everywhere, unusual bleeping going on, wacky LED indications on the board , etc, etc. One quick try with new battery and a reset didn';t work, even the four stack rear LED was showing four differing colours and flashing, so quickly turned it off and back home extracted all the grass with a long soft brush and tweezers and then dried it out and.................

it works................... PHEW.............  :sweating:
  • #1478 by DarkButterfly on 16 Sep 2017
  • Tested out the active track features on the Mavic along the seafront :-)
  • #1479 by hoverfly on 16 Sep 2017
  • Tested out the active track features on the Mavic along the seafront :-)
    Which country are you in ?  Its been pi$$ing it down nearly all day.
    I got as far as the gate and next thing you could canoe down the road.
    Spent the rest of the afternoon making a new mount for the ratties wheel the fat  sods broke the previous one. :popcorn:
  • #1480 by hoverfly on 17 Sep 2017
  • IT';S STOPPED RAINING :o :o :o Grabbed a couple of batts (3 cell :embarrassed)  and the Kinetic Air Rio.  It';s short grass in the field but really soggey due to the recent monsoon,  getting used to it a bit more but it need a bigger field really.
    Did one batt practicing figure eights, squares, goalpost avoidance :sweating:
    I got three quarters through second batt when i came in a bit hot flipped it and bust the antenna mount, :cry
    On the up side a chap and his two sprogs came over and started chatting, very good positive response,  we spent  twenty mins chatting and  by the time we finished   he was going for a build. Another convert .. ~~
  • #1481 by Bajadre on 17 Sep 2017
  • humid but black clouds out wish me luck haha  :laugh:
  • #1482 by DarkButterfly on 17 Sep 2017
  • Got some evening flying on the wing ~~
  • #1483 by Bajadre on 18 Sep 2017
  • all recharged and back out today  ;) hopefully mi footage comes out this time lol  :embarrassed :cry
  • #1484 by Saleem on 18 Sep 2017
  • A quick cheeky but cheerfull battery to test my new sparrow 145 build,went ok but the tx is black banding so need better fly day to set the frequency/channel to one that dosnt blackband.it started to rain slightly plus i was on my way to tesco.
     :wack0
  • #1485 by Bajadre on 18 Sep 2017
  • didn';t get far today  :laugh: had problems yesterday when switching model memory on my dx6 and it was losing bind with rx  :tongue: instead of checking before going out this is how far I got thank god I cleared the tree as I had WOT throttle and she wasn';t climbing at all lol  :sweating:  :sweating:

• #1486 by hoverfly on 18 Sep 2017
  • Ouch..  :laugh:
  • #1487 by Bajadre on 18 Sep 2017
  • No damage tho hover was expecting it in bits when my mate brought it back in, even the props survived  :laugh:
  • #1488 by Bad Raven on 18 Sep 2017
  • Indoor today.  Wanted to go outdoor but constant stream of showers, some very heavy.

Instead of the Tiny6, E010s, etc, etc, I actually got the Inductrix(s) out for a fly. (Wondered if they still would fly it had been so long!)  :whistling:

Quick clip of a move I have been working up to and today with a "don';t care any more" quad, did a few times. Quick Video of just one.   ;)

Note, this particular camera works perfectly into the headset screen in colour but does not like the Eachine DVD as normally set (and I can';t be bothered to alter the NTSC/PAL setting in the DVD recorder just for it, so its in glorious black and white! Lovely...............  :rolleyes:

• #1489 by Bajadre on 18 Sep 2017
  • nice gap move raven  ~~
  • #1490 by apollo7 on 19 Sep 2017
  • popped out tonight for some milk and put 2 packs through the newly built TBS 500 clone, it flies well but i still prefer the AQ600 so i dont see me keeping this new build long
  • #1491 by hoverfly on 20 Sep 2017
  • had a m8 visit yesterday who wanted to see the Kinetic  fly, only had a quick blast cos  someone  turns the sun  off far to early.  Good result though  another convert.. ::)
  • #1492 by Andy7 on 22 Sep 2017
  • Yep. Tearing it up now that I';ve set my FPV camera up at a decent angle.  :wack0

...need to change the angle of my recording camera now.
  • #1493 by DarkButterfly on 22 Sep 2017
  • I';ve been ripping the massive tricopter around, 13 inch carbon props, will be putting 14';s back on, it';s flying well apart from a lively tail, which needs its rate turned down. ~~
  • #1494 by iRobot on 23 Sep 2017
  • Yep. Tearing it up now that I';ve set my FPV camera up at a decent angle.  :wack0

...need to change the angle of my recording camera now.

Excellent vid  ::) your rolling and flipping with ease now !
  • #1495 by Andy7 on 23 Sep 2017
  • Cheers mate. It';s still all rather clunky, but I';m pleased that at least I';ve got some rough tricks to start to refine. Took a lot of bottle to do the first one, but I was really surprised how easy it comes after a little practice.
     ~~
  • #1496 by iRobot on 23 Sep 2017
  • A change of app this morning, from DJI go..... to ';Litchi';  ~~
    All seems to work very well, takes the P3s billy box standard functionality, and changes it quite a lot into a more sophisticated model with waypoints, orbit, follow etc....

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab163/Bazkelly/Screenshot_20170923-130646.png
    did 'YOU' fly today??

• #1497 by apollo7 on 24 Sep 2017
  • Managed to get over the field and put 2 5200 lipo`s through the AQ600, as usual all good, pushed it out a bit further but not telling how far so i dont incriminate myself, but it was still in sight (its big and well light up ;) )
    Still really love flying this big ole beast.
    Russ turned up with 2 huge powered gliders so stayed and watched them fly, green with envy, one is a huge 2.6m and flies just superb<br /><br />
  • #1498 by DarkButterfly on 24 Sep 2017
  • Two more batteries put through the wing ~~

Fitting FPV to the massive tricopter, going to have some fun slinging that around ::)
  • #1499 by DarrellW on 24 Sep 2017
  • Russ turned up with 2 huge powered gliders so stayed and watched them fly, green with envy, one is a huge 2.6m and flies just superb.
    That ain';t big!!! Lookie here:

And here:
  • #1500 by hoverfly on 24 Sep 2017
  • Pure filth... :o :o Wonderful.. ~~
Pages:
Actions