User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: Bad news D.B.  ...send them the bill. ;)
    November 24, 2017, 19:02:20
  • Gav: bummer
    November 24, 2017, 18:23:51
  • DarkButterfly: I've been dealing with a water leak from the upstairs flat and having to move my DJ equipment so it didn't get rained on, bloody annoying
    November 24, 2017, 18:20:34
  • ched999uk: Currys delivered a fridge freezer and unpacked it outside. Carried it in and all good untill misses took of the bits of tape. One of which was conceling a big dent!!!! Tape stuck on by delivery guys!!! Took 3hrs on phone to get new one delivered 2 weeks later. So feel your pain Bad Raven.
    November 24, 2017, 17:31:19
  • hoverfly: Qualification to be a delivery driver, can you identify a white van?,  can you drive?,  do your knuckles drag along the ground?...(all said somewhat tongue in cheek there are a cuple who deliver in my area that are stars) :smiley:
    November 24, 2017, 15:50:06
  • Bad Raven: So do not ever buy from Appliance Direct as theri thrid party couriers (it was a different company today than wednesday!!) are total rubbish!!!
    November 24, 2017, 13:29:27
  • Bad Raven: So the Freezer saga...........I get a phone call from the delivery driver of the SECOND one to be delivered today to say its fallen off a washing machine it was put on top off and is smashed.
    November 24, 2017, 13:28:23
  • Gav: discord
    November 24, 2017, 13:20:46
  • Gav: dicord not working?
    November 24, 2017, 13:20:32
  • atomiclama: all of it  ::) Clear blue skies little wind, but it's changing now  :(
    November 23, 2017, 14:59:30
  • Bad Raven: You could prune the tree tops from the ground round here........
    November 23, 2017, 12:34:04
  • Bad Raven: Which bit of 30mph plus don't you have then??
    November 23, 2017, 12:33:13
  • atomiclama: Arrrrgggh beautiful weather out there and so close to getting my rig ready for it's FPV maiden, bet the weather changes by the weekend.
    November 23, 2017, 09:40:20
  • shawdreamer: that'll just create a whole new type of crime.....drive-by acetone squirting with Nerf Super soakers
    November 22, 2017, 20:35:03
  • Bad Raven: 3D Print, anyone?  [link]
    November 22, 2017, 20:30:33
  • Bad Raven: or even bodge.....  ::)
    November 22, 2017, 14:57:33
  • Bad Raven: luckily my bidge to the old one is still working......  :crossfingers:
    November 22, 2017, 14:57:06
  • Bad Raven: They photographed it and the guy sent pics to his 3rd party firm, they took it away with them and had passed info to supplier so that by the time I got to their CS they knew and were prepping refund or replace, so another one is coming for Friday.
    November 22, 2017, 14:55:47
  • Wyntrblue: dont sign for it raven, send it back as broken!
    November 22, 2017, 14:08:25
  • Bad Raven: So, the new freezer arrives, the guy takes it out of the packing, and the door has been hit sideways and the hinges and top smashed.
    November 22, 2017, 13:48:19

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Hello from Birmingham  (Read 462 times)

Offline VaNDAL_UK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Does quad mean four?
Hello from Birmingham
« on: June 15, 2017, 16:11:55 »
Hi,

Hope to provide some usefulness to the forum in the coming years. I currently have a Walkera Runner 250 PRO, Fatshark Preditor V2 and Eachine EV800. Plus various planes from a Phase 3 Fantom to a something I can remember the name of :) Got my license for planes about 10 years ago now. I';ve been through nitro / electric planes also was into buggies and the petrol FG Marders years ago.

I have a cracking park right behind my workshop see the members map and you';ll see! So I';m up for some meet ups / beers. If you don';t mind climbing overgrown bushes we can use the workshop to charge batteries and repairs no problems. Full soldering rework station and micro soldering stereo microscope. (I repair consoles and laptops in my evenings)

I';m currently looking to spec out and build a 250 Quad for full Acro the Runner 250 is nice but I can see the brick wall coming with it soon. However I';m thinking of looking for someone who is leaving the hobby and buying there complete setup if /when that situation comes around.

Emaxx NightHawk 250 (Waiting to be delivered)
Emaxx NightHawk 250 CC3D Evo 
Walkera Runner 250 PRO
FatShark Predator V2
Eachine VT800

Offline chrispyfur

• Liked: 0
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Re: Hello from Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 17:58:26 »
Hello! I';ve got a 250 I bought that';s just too small for the job. Quad brain ESC, choice of motors, I';d do you a deal on some of that? I';m up for a cup of tea and a drone chat one day if you like, can bring my kit down and you can have whatever you need, all bought recently, I';ll do it for 70% cost. There';s probably a frame, the esc and motors. Also got an APM I';m selling.

Offline nate80

• Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 18:43:45 »
Hello bud, and welcome to the forum.

Now that';s very handy, having direct access to flying space right next to your workshop.  ~~ I started my ';race'; quad experience with a Runner 250. Not a bad little quad, and I';ve still got it, but it was never really a ';race'; quad and there';s some seriously good, fast and agile stuff available now. Build it yourself and the world';s your oyster. Buy rtf and even the newer walkera stuff is massively improved.

Loads of help and great advice on here so get stuck in.  ::)

Offline VaNDAL_UK

• Does quad mean four?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 14:38:09 »
Walkera Runner 250 PRO
FatShark Predator V2
Eachine VT800

Offline Wyntrblue

• Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 39
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 18:14:42 »
I';m over in Coventry and have a disused golf course to fly in that';s 5mins drive from my house. Welcome to come join me :)

Offline sh0wtime

• Toy Car Racer
  • Liked: 13
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:40:15 »
To have had that many buggys (especially hyper 7';s) and 2 savages plus all the breakages you must have been a maxbasher!

The new buggys almost never break during racing nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In for a penny, In for a Grand!
Armattan Chameleon.
DemonRC Fury.
Armattan SC200 RedBack.
Astrox Switch TrueXS Stretched X.
Kinetic Aerial Air-Ro.

Offline VaNDAL_UK

• Does quad mean four?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 10:02:36 »
LOL. Yeah I was an avid member of the Buying and Selling part of the Max Bashing Forum May years ago.
Walkera Runner 250 PRO
FatShark Predator V2
Eachine VT800