User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Bad Raven: Nost of the fish went, "what was that?" followed by "who are you?"  :azn
    Today at 20:38:57
  • Bad Raven: One of the shrimps is shell shocked, it's still hurtling around the tanke even now and its little heart is racing..........
    Today at 20:37:37
  • Gav: oh was it a good excuse for fish n chips for tea?
    Today at 19:55:33
  • Gav: did the fish survive?
    Today at 19:39:29
  • Bad Raven: We just had the mother of all supply glitches, one of my fish tank lights sounded like it was arc welding itself, all the lights flickered, internet bombed for over five mins!
    Today at 18:08:02
  • shawdreamer: used + in a couple of my early builds, I always managaed to bury the front motor, which left the quad stop up in a appropriately visual grave like cross.
    Today at 14:01:07
  • AKK Technology: akk promotion!!! mutiple product with discount
    Today at 05:36:54
  • Gav: my first quads were + 'Plus' config
    November 19, 2017, 18:02:11
  • Hozza: I have than enough 5 inch quads, or do I [link] this is one style of frame I haven't got.
    November 19, 2017, 07:57:59
  • Bajadre: n1 phil just noticed on there the 12amp esc blheli being rated for 3-4s while ive been running them on 3s for over a year what a idiot lol
    November 17, 2017, 13:57:29
  • Wyntrblue: always things i want when i have no money phil!
    November 17, 2017, 11:44:50
  • philtrum: Black Friday has started early at MakeItBuildIt, over 100 products on sale with more being added daily. We have limited stock on some offers so be quick before their gone! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 11:37:36
  • hoverfly: I got a 2s,but if I think mucky it turns into 3s.  :rolleyes:
    November 16, 2017, 21:35:49
  • DarkButterfly: I got a 6s which does everything I need and an android for stuff it doesn't.
    November 16, 2017, 20:28:30
  • shawdreamer: :nananana:
    November 16, 2017, 20:20:42
  • shawdreamer: ....sorry Iphone users but you bring it on yourself
    November 16, 2017, 20:20:34
  • shawdreamer: con muppet sheep into thinking they need to buy your newest phone because its "just so the best and trendy" when actually all youve done is change the power socket....
    November 16, 2017, 20:20:15
  • DarkButterfly: rob a massive bank :laugh:
    November 16, 2017, 19:07:40
  • Bad Raven: Own Formula One or DJI???
    November 16, 2017, 18:56:57
  • hoverfly: 400 million for a painting,OK it is unique  but how the flock do you accumulate that kind of cash.. :o
    November 16, 2017, 18:40:48

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: ok this has actually got me annoyingly stumped  (Read 139 times)

Online shawdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 618
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
ok this has actually got me annoyingly stumped
« on: November 10, 2017, 13:26:52 »
My spare Naze32rev6 is showing the same signs of diode death as the original one I was using in my sparkie design so I figured "screw it, just go with what youve used before and works"

ordered a rev5, doesnt do the usb passthrough voltage like the rev6 does so doesnt have or need the problem child diode.

arrived a short while ago....

what I orded was....

what arrived was....

for all essential purposes exactly the same fc, a naze/afroflight32 Rev5 right, all except for the RX inputs, I ordered a rev5 with pads (that are clearly marked also) the one I recieved has passthrough pin pinpoints which have no markings atall (and heres where my problem lies)

My preferred solder pad version is a piece of pi55 to put together but as this pin version has no markings for the pinout Im kinda at a loss as to whats what on the RX input side.

anyone know where I can get the pinout diagram for this particular version because Im not finding anything definitive?
550 custom H-copter
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Reaper250 V.2
ViceVersa250 XL
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Dji Spark clone
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 376
Re: ok this has actually got me annoyingly stumped
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 13:40:40 »
Top pic is a original makers Rev5, the lower is one of the many lookalikes?

Without knowing WHOSE board it is (and there are lots) it might rely on chance of someone having just that board.

Who was it bought from and how was it described?

Online shawdreamer

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 13:55:41 »
Top pic is a original makers Rev5, the lower is one of the many lookalikes?

Without knowing WHOSE board it is (and there are lots) it might rely on chance of someone having just that board.

Who was it bought from and how was it described?

described as naze32 afroflight rev5 6dof, forget the sellers but Ill have a dig in a bit.

It'd have atleast helped if they supplied a breakout cable on the RX side (they supplied both straight and angled pins, neither of which I intend to use) least that wasy I could confirm a few things but as it stands it looks like Im gonna have to make a educated guess.

I have noted (and is visable in pic) that the maker seems to atleast followed the unwritten rule of using square solder pin points for signal pins which means I can hazard a guess as to which on the RX input side is the ground and 5v+ (the only two circular pin points), If so I can also assume theyve kept the ground to the outside of the header set which would make the first square pin solder point signal 1 (or more importantly "PPM")

I can either wade through the hundreds of different rev5 copy pinouts and hope I stumble on the right on or "feck it" and chance it.....

guess which Im gonna do ::)
550 custom H-copter
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Reaper250 V.2
ViceVersa250 XL
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Dji Spark clone

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 883
  • Everything you have been told is a lie
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 16:14:17 »
It is absolutley not a genuine naze Rev5.
The rev5 had pads for input not pin holes (like I’m the picture you ordered, nit the board you got)

Online shawdreamer

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 18:20:51 »
It is absolutley not a genuine naze Rev5.
The rev5 had pads for input not pin holes (like I’m the picture you ordered, nit the board you got)

Aye I know, I actually prefer soldering to pads rather than pinholes (I rarely use pins and usually always order unpinned boards for just that reason), so I wasnt so fussed about going back to a Rev5 board with pads, thats why I noted the difference the moment I opened the baggie.

saving grace is my earlier assumptions seem to be proving right (atleast as far as the Ground, 5v+ and pin1 (PPM) are concerned, it appears the hole order is more or less the same as the pads except obviously that pad 4,5,6,7 and 8 are usually on the underside of the board in the pad format instead of alongside the other 5 points.

well fake or not Ill just have to see how it holds up, worse case scenario I go whinge at the seller till they give me a refund just to get rid of me (and as it was wrongly advertised they usually tell me to keep the board also :evil)
550 custom H-copter
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Reaper250 V.2
ViceVersa250 XL
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Dji Spark clone

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 190
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 19:50:23 »
I’m pretty sure I’ve got a working naze with pads somewhere. You can have it for free if you like, I’m not doing anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 190
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 19:50:58 »
It has been used, should I add so may already have pins - I’m not sure as I haven’t seen it for a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online shawdreamer

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 20:32:11 »
nice of you to offer, really do appreciate it but another member came forward earlier also with a spare rev5 he had knocking about and offered to send it me which I gratefully accepted, wouldnt feel right about excepting another........ Itd just be an excuse to build a second frame.... not like I really need excuses tbf tho :laugh:
550 custom H-copter
zmr250
Reaper250 V.1
Reaper250 V.2
ViceVersa250 XL
zmr250Hybrid
250 Twinboard
Dji Spark clone